“Exceeded expectations”

Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore
Ranked #5 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Elegant, good service, excellent location, tasty food and quick service at the restaurant, lovely room with a beautiful view of the harbor, good price. Hard to beat. I definitely recommend it. --------

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Bob_Haislip, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Dear Maria W, Thank you for the 5 star review of our property. The staff and I were pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Regards.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,617)

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Let me start by saying that the hotel is very pretty and within walking distance to everything you want to do. If the walk is too long their is a circulator bus (free) that is outside the hotel that will take you to Fells Point and other areas. Jonathon who is one of the hotel managers out did himself! He made reservations for us for my birthday at a wondeful place (Cali's Court) and handled all the logistics. When we arrived our room was ready and we were welcomed as if he already knew us. We had drinks in the bar that were sooo good (Berry Martini) and when our car arrived for dinner he came and escorted us out. The next day he gave us tips about the area and told us things to do and see. The room was beautiful and large with a great view of the harbor! The beds were comfortable and the room was quiet. We ordered room service our last night with a great meal that arrived promptly. We will definitely be back and I recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to visit the harbor area! You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: We were on the 6th floor suite with a beautiful view of the harbor especially at night.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Bob_Haislip, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Dear Kate N, Thank you for sharing your recent experience and for the 5 star review of our property. Also happy belated birthday! We truly appreciate you kind comments regarding your interactions with Jonathan. He always manages to go above and beyond and your visit is just one instance of the professional service he provides to all of our guests. I am glad to hear that you do plan on returning in the future. The staff and I look forward to having you back.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Overall, a good hotel. I liked lots about it, and wanted it to be my ‘home’ vis a vis Baltimore hotels but sadly, it won’t be.

Location
***********

Convenient Location, Inner Harbor Baltimore

Arrival
*******
Prompt service by the valet, easy. Ditto checking in…everything was seamless and the front desk fellow was helpful. (Possibly Justin).

Suite
*******

2 bedroom-2bath suite and I will say, very good value. Very spacious, comfortable furniture and beds….and 2 lovely bathrooms. Water pressure could be stronger but overall, nice. When I came to the suite I thought “God I’m good. I picked the right place. This is IT from now on”

******

Explorer’s Lounge: Lovely lounge for a meal or drink but service was not too attentive. Nobody greeted when we came in, so we chose our own seats. Got a drink…but had to take some time to flag them down for the check.

Room Service: Nice person took the order, delivered on time by a nice person also. Just fruit and pastries. Fruit was good, coffee hot…but croissants (that’s french) and pastries were perhaps what you’d get at Hampton Inn’s free breakfast.

AIR CONDITIONING - terrible
***************************************

The bedroom was hot all night despite my turning the A/C on. And no, I didn’t call someone at 1am to see if they can fiddle with it.

And this my dear friends is why I can’t stay here. Call me crazy, but $429 a night…..one should be able to sleep comfortably with at least a sheet. And it was not just me….. my significant other is a 105 pound woman and she complained of the same thing. I could not even touch her at night because we’d get so hot. (I’d have had better luck with my teenage Victoria’s Secret catalog ya know?)

Bottom line, it’s not about comment cards or excuses. If someone can go to Suite #310, at night, turn the A/C to say….65….. and use a thermometer by the bed that shows it being 65, or even 67….then show me. But that is not the case as of a few nights ago.

If A/C was ever beefed up, I’d stay again in a heartbeat.

2  Thank JEDIKNIGHT
Bob_Haislip, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Dear Jediknight, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with regards to your stay. I was troubled to read that you had some HVAC issues in your room. We have requested for an Engineer to take a look at the air conditioning in that room to see where the problem lies. I am sorry that your experience was less than satisfactory and do hope that you would consider us again for a future visit. Thank you.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

My husband and I are just returning from one of the best weekends we have had. It is our 30th anniversary and we are from NJ and wanted to stay close so we visited the Royal Sonesta in Baltimore Harbor. The hotel was wonderful and the staff extremely cheerful and helpful. We found the entire staff to be very friendly but James the Doorman made our trip especially nice he made recommendations that truly made our stay special. James is someone who greets every person with a big smile and you just can't help but feel his warmth. Tony who is new and in training was also helpful and friendly. Employees such as these two bring visitors back to the hotel. The hotel is right across the street from the harbor and we had a room in the front and we woke to the sun coming up over the harbor it was beautiful. Our first night we returned to the hotel to find a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries compliments of the hotel for our 30th anniversary it was truly a nice surprise. The room was large, clean and again the view was amazing! We will be back.

Room Tip: We loved our room it was in the front looking over the harbor and the morning sun coming up was beau...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Debbie5775, Thank you for the 5 star review of our property. The staff and I are pleased to hear you celebrated your 30 wedding anniversary with us!!! Your kind comments will be shared with all that were mentioned. Thank you for recognizing them as they do work hard to please and assist all of our guests. It is nice to hear that you plan to return. The staff and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Vroom with a View package gave us valet parking (really necessary in Baltimore) & wonderful breakfasts with impeccable service! Ken helped us from get-go with the car, suitcases, and restaurant & shuttle service reservations (very helpful & friendly). Location is easy to walk to venues, and shuttles are available upon request & easy to arrange. Rooms quite spacious and clean, with super beautiful bathroom (deep tub, separate shower, make-up mirror, huge wall mirror, & heater. Best fitness room for a hotel, large indoor pool & hot tub in lovely setting-everything you need is there from towels to locker room & robes in your closet. In warmer weather I would take advantage of their lovely courtyards. No problem arriving early or leaving late. Check out Visitors Center across the street early to get tons of information. Had a wonderful time with friends celebrating birthdays.

Room Tip: View of Inner Harbor was sunny & pleasant to wake to, and allowed us to see where we were going...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Bob_Haislip, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Dear Lisa J, thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. The staff and I are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff we able to assist you in the most professional way. The Charm City Circulation is a great way to visit various locations in the downtown area and best of all it doesn't cost a thing! Parking can be a bit pricy in the city and packages including parking are definitely the best way to go. The staff and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you and your friends back in the future. Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I thought the rooms were spacious and very clean. The bathroom was the same. The people working in the hotel were hospitable, knowledgeable, and extremely helpful. The location couldn't have been better for visiting the Inner Harbor. The food in the restaurant was unbelievably good; we had a party of 20 and shared some dishes, and one was better than the next...certainly not expected at a hotel restaurant. At first the valet parking fee seemed much too high; however, thinking about location, and other parking costs, it ended up a little higher than average, but I felt better knowing our vehicle was being watched.

Room Tip: We had a room with 2 queen beds which seemed substantially larger than rooms with 1 king bed.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Bob_Haislip, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Dear UJanet, Thank you for the 5 star review of our property. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel to be accommodating to your needs. I am glad to hear you and your group enjoyed your time and food in Explorers. It would be a pleasure to welcome you back in the future. I hope you have the opportunity.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Great location with the water, the Inner Harbor and Aquarium right across the street. We arrived early and picked up our included Aquarium tickets which granted us members-only entry (no line or wait outside in the cold). Later we rode the bus to Little Italy the Walters Museum (Mt. Vernon) for free--bus stop directly across from the hotel. It was nice to leave our car in the included valet parking and not worry about parking. We don't have much to add to the other reviews regarding the hotel. The service was great and we had all the amenities we could want for a weekend getaway. We enjoyed the Keurig in our room and the selection of teas and coffee. The room had comfortable beds/pillows, a safe and and a fridge that we used to keep soda and water cold. We did not pay extra for a water-view room so ours faced into the courtyard which was fine since we were only in the room at night and early morning. We did not take breakfast in the hotel but headed up to Fells Point to Joann's Kitchen for a classic unpretentious Baltimore dining experience.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Dear asa_0, thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Royal Sonesta Harbor Court. The staff and I are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to accommodate your needs. It sounds like you took a grand tour of downtown Baltimore and hopefully enjoyed every single minute of your trip. The staff and I thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.