“Should Be "6" "Star"”

Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore
Ranked #5 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Total "Perfect Stay"! Property should be rated more than 5 Stars!
Asked ahead of time for Early Check-In, which was Handled " No Problem" by Jennifer, The Front Desk Mgr, whom remembered our name whenever we had a question about the Hotel or surrounding area. Carmen was extremely helpful with other questions and with our Check-out!
Took Advantage of "Bed and Breakfast" Rate which was , Order Off the Menu; anything you want, and No Buffet Lines! A Bargain For Sure!
7th Flr Indoor pool and Fitness area were above that of ANY facility ever been at!
The Lounge has Happy Hour" Prices and a
bar Bites" menu taht was 2nd to None. Stephen the bartender went out of his way nightly to make us feel welcome and had plenty of "Tips"of the area!
The "motif" Of the Hotel is Hard to describe, "Earlier Century African"/ Whatever , It Is Gorgeous! Rooms were spacious, clean with Plenty of amenities!
David The Hotel Mgr. Should be commended by HPT for operating such a Exquisite Hotel!
This was our 1st Sonesta Hotel Visit, will Try others when visiting other cities OR back to Baltimore! Thank You, Entire Staff at Royal Sonesta Baltimore For Making Our Mini-Vac. Perfect!

Room Tip: Pay a Little Extra for Harbor View,( 4-7 Flrs Best Views) although Courtyard Is Beautiful!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cooter104
David_Kohlasch, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Dear Cooter104, thank you for the great five star review! I appreciate you sharing details of your stay and delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the Royal Sonesta Harbor Court. Thank you for mentioning these team members by name. Our hotel staff is the best in the city and deliver exemplary service to our guests. We look forward to having you stay at any of our properties when you are traveling. Thanks again for the great review!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,601)

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Very clean hotel with a great Happy Hour. Bathroom is very clean and bed very comfortable. The only problem was that pets are allowed. Not much fun listening to barking dogs!! Overall I recommend this hotel very close to the harbor and Fells Point. The Happy Hour is Great! Valet Parking was more than NYC. Too much even though I know it was the marathon. We had to be escorted to our car which the person was very hospitable but reduce the price.

Room Tip: Not too noisy next to dogs Sorry
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
David_Kohlasch, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Dear mary46453, thank you for a great Five Star Review! I’m happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at the Royal Sonesta Harbor Court. I can understand about the noise of pets in the hotel and is something we are looking into. Thanks again for the great review, and we would love to have you stay with us again next time you are in Baltimore!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Stayed with family at the Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore over the Columbus Day Holiday Weekend and the Baltimore Running Festival. This hotel is in a great spot, room was spacious and clean and provided a lot of amenities. Parking was $26.00 a day which was a bit steep considering the price we paid per nights stay. Not modern but very classic and regal. Would not recommend the hotel restaurant Explorer's. The buffet was $19.00 and the eggs were runny, the food was not replenished in the buffet in a timely manner and overall horrible service. We had to remind the staff that trays were empty three times. We also ordered from the a la carte menu and it had to be sent back twice because they came back with the wrong order. Many upset patrons at the restaurant Saturday morning. There was one that was visibly crying because they waited for over half hour and no one attended to them. This was the major disappointment for this hotel. I would recommend staying, however, do not patron the restaurant Explorers. Had the best breakfast at Miss Shirley's down the street for less money.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LA729

Hello LA729, thank you for your review. Please accept our apologies for your experience at Explorers. This is atypical, and I’m disappointed about the level of service you received. I’m sharing this feedback with our food and beverage department to determine what happened that particular day. We have many happy patrons at Explorers, who come for both the food and the service, and I’m sorry this was not the experience you had. Thank you again for sharing your feedback. If you want to discuss further my email is dkohlasch@sonesta.com

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Stayed here to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. Convenient location to the harbor, yet a few blocks away from the noise of downtown. Room was just the right size, with a fridge for drinks, etc. Breakfast was overpriced, but all hotel buffets are. Attached parking garage was convenient. Utilized the water taxi to travel around the harbor, with a stop across the street. Kiosks for harbor cruises are also across the street, along with the visitors center. Overall a positive experience, would go back if traveling to baltimore.

Room Tip: We stayed in 431, which I believe was on the north side. The loading dock is on this side as well...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Ed B, thank you for your great review and happy anniversary! I’m delighted to hear of your experience at the Royal Sonesta Harbor Court. Our location is perfect for both leisure and business guests to access the Inner Harbor and other nearby attractions in the city. We would love to have you stay with us again next time you are in Baltimore. Thanks again for a great review.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

This hotel is in a great location and I was provided excellent customer service.
Unfortunately my room was not ready when I arrived but I was very quickly offered two complimentary drinks in the hotel bar while I waited – of course I accepted. I was told I would be called as soon as my room was ready but after two drinks –still no call. I returned to the front desk and my room was still not ready. Once again, without hesitation I was offered an updated room that was ready now – once again I accepted. Great customer service.
As for the location, it was exactly what I wanted. I walked all around the inner harbor, up to Federation Hill and up to Camden Yards to catch an Orioles game – all very easy walks. I even caught a water taxi out to Fort McHenry. Everything I wanted to do in Baltimore was easy to do without a car.
It may be a bit pricey, however you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank AUS_in_US_13

Hello AUS_in_US_13, thank you for the great Five Star Review via TripAdvisor! I’m glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate the details on your stay. We make every effort to ensure our guests’ rooms are ready upon arrival, and do our best to welcome our guests. Our location is ideal to tour Baltimore and it sounds as if you did just that. We look forward to having you stay with us again next time you are in Baltimore!

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Seriously folks ask for room 313. The hotel is renovating and room 313 is one of two rooms already finished. After 40 years of heavy traveling and maybe 1,000 rooms I can say that room 313 is nirvana and they got it right. The room is spacious, lights perfect, bathroom fit for a magazine and the bed - the bed is perfect. The room was not only clean - it was hygienic near antiseptic. Lots of cool LED lights and great coffee pot. The bathroom mirror is backlit and the amenities come from Italy. A+

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Hello BobPhiladelphiaPA, thank you for the great five star review on TripAdvisor. This is one of the model rooms for our upcoming renovation. We appreciate the great feedback and are looking forward to completing the renovation throughout the hotel. We look forward to having you stay with us again next time you are in Baltimore!

Reviewed October 13, 2013

We travel a lot and obviously have stayed innumerous hotels. This stay was a business stay. I give this hotel of 4 of 5 rating. I would highly recommend that anyone traveling down to the Inner Harbor use hotel. The rooms and the hotel in general is very clean, the staff was very friendly and helpful. The food at the restaurant was very good, as was the catered breakfasts and lunches. There was an issue with a step going into the boardroom and since my wife is unable to get around without her wheelchair they moved it to another more accessible room and move the entire breakfast set up as well.... they did all this in just a few minutes. That is why no 5 star rating.They were aware of my wife's inability to walk, yet gave us a non accessible boardroom. The staff was quick to correct it, so all was good.

Room was very clean and spacious. Bed was comfortable, as were the pillows. We had a suite, room 618.

• Stayed: October 2013

Hello mikemangers, thank you for your great review. Indeed, our location to the Inner Harbor provides tremendous access for our guests. Our staff provides exemplary customer service to our guests and makes the Royal Sonesta Harbor Court a wonderful place to stay. Please accept my apologies for the oversight on the non-accessible boardroom. While we were able to quickly fix it, it is something that should not have been overlooked. Thanks again for the feedback and great review.