“A Great Place To Stay”

Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore
Ranked #5 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed September 30, 2013

My friend and I stayed here for the night to rest up for our drive to NYC. It is located across the street from the Harbor so if you're lucky enough to get a room that over looks it like we had then you're really in for a treat. The view is just amazing and only gets better as everything starts to light up in the evening over the harbor waters. We had a bay window so it was a great view all around. The woman at the service desk was very friendly and courteous when we checked in. I noticed the staircase in the lobby area that spiraled up to the second floor. It looked very nice and clean. Unfortunately the pool hours ended at 8pm so we couldn't get in as it was already a bit late. Our room was very roomy and I am not quite use to having a tv and a phone in the bathroom however it was nice to have in case. The beds were very comfortable and I enjoyed the break from driving all day to lay on something so soft. We grabbed a couple drinks from the Explorer's Lounge on the second floor. It was nice, with couches and tables you can choose to relax wherever you like. We hung around for a bit and then took our drinks with us back to our room. I would highly recommend that you grab a bite to eat in their hotel restaurant Brightons. We were in a hurry to leave early but luckily the restaurant opens at 6:30am and we ordered food to go. The Chesapeake Crab Cakes Benedict is phenomenal. It comes with a side of breakfast cut potato's and probably made my morning that much more enjoyable. A great choice to stay for a night.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

My friend and I took a road trip and stopped in Baltimore to visit with my Aunt & Uncle. They booked us a room at the Royal Sonesta! I have to say that I was excited to stay here and wasn't let down. We checked in late which didn't see to be an issue since we were given an upgrade to a harbor view room. The lobby is nice with some seating areas and a spiral stair case. At night it was candle lit. We were only there for a quick over night stop, so we didn't get to use any of the amenities but they do have a fitness area with a pool and hot tub (which closed early when we were there. I was really looking forward to soaking in the hot tub for a little while).
The room was tucked away in a corner but easy to find. There was a nice little private foyer for our room and the room next to it. Upon entering the room there a little area with the bathroom, mini bar, and closet. Go through there and you enter the huge bedroom area. We had 2 beds, a desk, a tv, and a relaxing chair. The decor was plain and slightly dated, but that view was awesome. We got there right as the sun was setting, so add the light reflecting off the buildings and it was incredible! The bathroom was probably bigger than our bathroom at home and had a tv and phone. The shower was nice, not too big not too small. It got hot fast and had decent water pressure. There were shampoo, conditioner, and soap dispensers on the wall. Plenty of soft towels were provided, as well and a shower cap and shoe sponge, and a blow dryer in case you forgot yours. There was an ice bucket, glasses, and a mini fridge in the little bar area; however, we needed a bottle opener and there wasn't one. The carpet was nice and plushy and the bed is kind of what I imagine a cloud would be like. The only issue I had was trying to figure out how the AC worked. Once I figure it out the room cooled off nicely!
We walked to the Hard Rock from here for dinner. It was a quick easy walk around the harbor. There is so much to do in the harbor area and it's all accessible by walking. We parked in a gravel lot behind the building, I'm assuming because we were visiting relatives. But I do believe that there was a parking garage attached to the building. After dinner we headed to the Explorers Lounge on the 2nd floor for a drink before bed. They were expensive and I was not impressed. I got an LIT and I couldn't finish it. An LIT is a pretty basic drink, kind of hard to mess up, but neither one of us would drink it. The lounge was very inviting with tables and couches (as well as the bar) to sit at and relax after a LONG day. We got breakfast to go from Brightons. They had a nice selection and it was pretty tasty. All of the staff was extremely friendly from the time we got there to the time we left.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
David_Kohlasch, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Hello Mskaos, thank you for the five star review. I’m glad you had the opportunity to stay the Royal Sonesta Harbor Court and enjoyed the Harbor views. Indeed, we have a great location to many of the local attractions in the Inner Harbor. Thank you for the feedback on the drinks you had in Explorers Lounge; I will be passing this along to our Food & Beverage team as this is something that can be certainly be improved upon. Thanks again for the detailed review. We would love to have you stay with us again next time you are in Baltimore.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

This hotel's location is excellent and that's just a start. It is located right at the center of the harbor from where you can get to all the tourist attrations the city has to offer as well as make use of the harbor offerings including walking/joging track. At the hotel everybody (literarily) is polite, friendly and always ready to help if you look like you are wondering or trying to figure out how to get somewhere or where/how to do something. The room I stayed in was very clean, comfortable and had great view of the harbor. Food in the hotel was good and the staff (not only the conciege) were ready to give recommendations regarding good restaurants in the area and their recommendations were right on. The workout area is huge and various excercise classes (including yoga and zumba) are available. I will definitely stay at this hotel again when next I'm in Baltimore.

Room Tip: Ask for room with harbor view.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
David_Kohlasch, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Hello COC315, thank you for the great five star review! I’m delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us. While our rooms and our location are great amenities, our professional staff deliver exemplary customer service to our guests and make the Royal Sonesta Harbor Court a great place to stay. Thanks again for the great review, and we look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is just ok, a bit pricey for an outdated facility. Rooms are big and tv in bathroom was a plus. Great location waterfront in the harbor. Old smell from room and hallway carpet. Make sure to get a harbor view.

• Stayed: September 2013

Hello anwhereinthemap, thank you for your review. I’m sorry to hear the Royal Sonesta Harbor Court did not meet your expectations. Sonesta has been managing this property for a little over a year now and we do have plans for a full renovation in the near future to address some of the issues in the guestrooms and give them a much needed update. Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

From the minute you pull up to the door, You are greeted by the staff and helped in every aspect of vacationing. The valets hold doors, the desk staff smiles and appear genuinely happy to see you. The girl who checked us in was helpful in making suggestions as to where to visir during our stay. The room itself was a pleasant surprise for a hotel in a downtown location the room was extremely quiet. The restaurant had a good selection for breakfast and a verynpleasant staff. Overall would frequent again if the need arrises.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Michael S

Hello Michael S, thank you for the great five star review via TripAdvisor! Our professional staff is the best in the city in making our guests feel welcome and they are what make the Royal Sonesta Harbor Court a great place to stay. Thanks again for the great review; we hope to see you next time you are in Baltimore.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

LOvely hotel with great staff except at breakfast. Would recommend staying here as overall facilities are good but the service at breakfast was shocking, slow and disinterested. I was there with sixteen golfers but all successful business people and the impression they were left with was poor. Slow service, disinterested staff and poor quality of food when it eventually arrived and we only asked for toast!!

Room Tip: Find a good deli or grill by the harbour and enjoy your stay
1  Thank Steve F

Hello Steve F, thank you for your review and feedback. At the Royal Sonesta Harbor Court, we are very proud of the service our staff delivers to our guests, and I’m disappointed about your experience at breakfast. I will be sharing this feedback with our restaurant manager to ensure this does not happen again. Please accept my apologies as we have high standards for service at our hotel, and will be addressing this immediately. Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed in Baltimore for the Grand Prix of Baltimore and we had a wonderful time. Our "Base of Operations" was the Royal Sonesta Hotel and it proved to be the perfect host. First of all, if you select a harbor view room, you are in for a treat. The view is magnificent. The location in relation to the inner harbor is superior. Everything is within easy walking distance. We usually ate as we walked about but we did experience room service for one breakfast and had another in the hotel itself. Both were done very nicely.

As I mentioned we were there for the Grand Prix of Baltimore and the view of all the races from our window was unparalleled. We were right above the hairpin turn in front of the hotel and our view proved to be better than the seats we reserved across the street! The room was naturally air conditioned and the seats were in the sun and it was about 90 degrees that day. We watched the main race from the comfort of the room and had the race on the TV behind us with the fridge stocked with beer. Perfect!

The hotel staff was beyond compare. The guys at the door were so friendly and helpful. The maid service was prompt and kept our room like it was new. I want to make special mention of Carmen at the front desk who helped us with our trek to visit the Edgar Allan Poe grave site. Not only were her directions perfect, she mentioned we should visit the bar where Poe had his last drink and collapsed outside. Poor Poe, but we had so much fun there! All thanks to Carmen. The Royal Sonesta should be very proud to have her in their employ, she was super helpful and always cheerful.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dave_Healey2013

Hello Dave_Healey2013, thank you for the five star review and details regarding your stay during the Grand Prix. Our location is ideal for guests looking to enjoy the Inner Harbor and surrounding restaurants and attractions, however it is our professional staff that makes this hotel such a great place to stay. Thank you also for mentioning Carmen by name. She is just one example to the exemplary service delivered to our guests every day. I’m glad you had a chance to try the room service and one of our restaurants. Our menus rotate according to the season, with locally sourced ingredients selected by our culinary team. Thank you again for the great review and we look forward to seeing you again.