Many many wonderful things about this hotel.
1) very convenient location, both to the highway (easy to get to) and Inner Harbor (walking distance to restaurants, shops, Science Center, etc.)
2) extremely helpful, courteous, friendly, attentive staff - especially the Guest Service people (doormen/bellhops) and valet parking fellows; front desk couldn't have been any nicer either (I wish I had noted the name of the doorman on duty when we left ~8:45am on 12/2 - a slightly older gentleman with glasses - he was the ultimate example of customer service!!)
3) beautiful building and decor, nicely decorated for Christmas, interesting artwork throughout lobby and halls and in courtyard
4) convenient courtyard to drive into and unload - so nice to be off the street and not halfway into a garage - you didn't feel crowded or rushed and received a very warm welcome from aforementioned Guest Services
5) We had the Vroom package ($199 for Harborview room, valet parking and breakfast at Brighton's for 2) - excellent value!
6) Brighton's was wonderful for breakfast. We were there on Sunday morning and had the option of the large buffet or ordering from the menu. We picked the buffet (a $20 value/person) and were delighted. Amazingly fresh fruit (and lots of variety); delicious french toast, bacon, sausage, potatoes, scrambled eggs (cooked just right) and an omelet bar. And a pastry selection and oatmeal. The omelet chef and all the staff were very friendly and attentive.
7) bathroom was clean and well-equipped
The ONLY negative (and it was a pretty big "ick" factor) was when I turned down the beds, one of the bottom sheets has a lot of short hairs and a couple of shoe prints on it! At first, I just saw one hair - didn't like it, but brushed it off; but then I saw many more (stopped counting after 15.) The other bed had a few hairs (no shoe prints though). The front desk was very apologetic and prompt in sending up new sheets with a polite gentleman who offered to change the sheets. I decided to do it myself and didn't find any other issues. I'm going to blame it on a poor housekeeping job (or maybe it was bring your cat to work day - I don't know.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore is ideally situated on the picturesque waterfront of the Inner Harbor. The hotel is a short walk from the downtown business district and the city's best attractions, including the National Aquarium, Oriole Park at Camden Yards, American Visionary Arts Museum, The Maryland Science Center and historic Federal Hill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Odigeo, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Harbor Court Baltimore Hotel Baltimore
- Intercontinental Baltimore