“Perfect location and the staff was excellent.”

Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore
Ranked #5 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Alexandria, Virginia
“Perfect location and the staff was excellent.”
Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

The Royal Sonesta is in a perfect location to enjoy Baltimore's inner harbor. Literally located right across the street from the Science Center, the pavilions, and the aquarium.

The service was really great. From the time I called the hotel prior to our arrival to the time we left everyone was super helpful. There was one minor hiccup with our room check-in and the staff made sure it was taken care of and in fact did much more than I could have expected. A+ to Andy, Chris and Michele.

The room was very nice and clean with a spectacular view of the harbor. We actually had a team in the bathroom that the kid's thought was was the best (get them into the bath has never been easier).

Our only regret was not staying longer.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank todcoe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (428)
  • Arabic first
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Almost didn't book this hotel based on the previous reviews I read but decided to take the chance. The hotel does need updating but is in no means dumpy or worn out. Just the decor is out of date. Flat screens in the rooms and bathroom. Harbor views awesome. Keuig coffee pots in house. I would definately stay again as long as it is within my means!
Down side- they didn't refill the coffee or sugars or clean the cups...they did make the beds, had to call for service.
Front desk clerk spoke broken english checking in (why do they do this at a customer service level)?
Jennifer desk clerk checking out- extremely rude and standoffish..

Room Tip: If you can swing a harbor view room ..worth it!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
DianeWaite, Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you for taking time out of your day to write about your stay at the Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore. We truly appreciate your evaluation of our services. Please accept our apology for the inconsistencies during your visit. We have shared your comments with our department managers so they may work with the staff to improve on the irregularities that you experienced. It is troubling to hear you had a difficult time at our Front Desk. As a diversified employer with international guests staying on a regular basis, it is our goal to make them feel just as welcomed. We’re sorry your experience with our staff was less than satisfactory. Please accept our most heartfelt apology.

Thank you again for the review and know that we take each comment positive or negative very seriously and work with our staff to improve on our services and customer relations.
Reisterstown, Maryland, United States
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We chose to stay at The Royal Sonesta Baltimore Inner Harbor for 2 nights to celebrate our 10th Wedding Anniversary.From the moment we arrived the staff was wonderful and courteous.
After we checked in we were surprised w Complimentary Champagne, Cheese platter and Chocolate covered strawberries! We relaxed in lovely robes provided and enjoyed the amazing Harbor Views and our treats! That eve we strolled the Harbor and had a nice dinner.
The next day we went to the Orioles last regular season game, then headed to Federal Hill for a Street festival . This location is perfect to walk to so many activities - no need for a car. There is also free shuttle and water taxi to help explore the City.
Sadly, We had to check out this morning but we will keep The Sonesta in mind for future getaways and Special events.

Room Tip: We asked for a room w a nice view and were not disappointed. We were on 6th floor and the views were...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
DianeWaite, Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us while celebrating your 10th Wedding Anniversary!!! It is our goal to make each and every guest feel welcomed and at the same time feel as though they are in the comfort of their own home. We’re glad you had the opportunity to explore the city during your visit, there is so much that Baltimore has to offer. We hope you have to opportunity to return to the hotel in the future.
North Carolina
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We have stayed at the Royal Sonesta (harbor Court International previously named) at least 10 times. This was our first under new management. We did not see any changes to the hotel that were really noticeable. We were told that a plan is in the works to revamp the rooms etc.What makes this such a great place is the location which is the best right in front of the inner harbor and is located only blocks from the football and baseball stadiums. We could walk every where from this hotel. No cab or car necessary so to me it is worth the high price for a room. This will always be the place I will pick to stay as long as I can afford the nightly rate.

Room Tip: If you really want a good view of the habor get a room from the 4th floor on up.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our property on TripAdvisor. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. The hotel's location does make it so much easier to access the many great venues in the city. Beginning late next year we will start our major renovations of the guest rooms and public spaces in the hotel. This will be a very exciting time and we hope that you have the chance to come back and visit us before and after the renovations. We think you'll be pleased with what we have planned. We look forward to seeing you again.
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed September 29, 2012

1. Overpriced for outdated building and rooms
2. Fridge leaked water which I had to clean up
3. TV would automatically go on mute and hotel did not replace TV.
4. Went to purchase a soda from the coffee shop and was told by the clerk that she was closed even though she was checking out a gentleman and refused to allow me to purchase one bottle of soda.
5. The thermostat when set at 65 continually went up to 72 and above.
6 Ordered room service and after 45 minutes was called to say the "ticket" did not print so my order was not prepared. After one hour I complained and hotel said they would send food, of course, at my expense.
7. Left dirty wine glasses and bottles on bar area and cleaning staff did not clean up.
The hotel mgmt. refused to compensate my trip in any way, shape or form, only to say continually, "I'm sorry." I stayed here because I wanted amenities and safety for a single woman. They provided no solutions or compensation. I don't know how this hotel got its AAA and 4 and 5 star rating; however, Comfort Inn; Candlewood Suites; Hilton; Marriot and Hyatt way out perform this inappropriately rated hotel! If you want to stay near the Inner Harbor in Baltimore I would suggest the Hyatt. I will NEVER stay at such an ill-prepared and non-customer oriented hotel operated by Royal Sonesta. There were negative reviews prior to booking; however, I overlooked them because there is always someone who can have a bad experience. Trust absolutely every negative review you've read about Royal Sonesta. Hec, Motel Six at least leaves the light on and greets you. Disgusting! Do not stay at any of Sonesta Hotel, they did nothing to fix any of these problems the entire five days of my stay! I should have packed up the first night when the TV kept going on mute. Ridiculous!

Room Tip: Do not book at Royal Sonesta.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience here at the Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore. Please accept our most sincere apology as we did not live up to your expectations during your visit.

We truly are dedicated to putting our customers first and it is disappointing that we did not measure up to your expectations. The issues you experienced during your visit have been investigated and please know each concern has been discussed with our department managers and staff in an effort not to have these types of incidents repeated in the future.

Thank you again.
Coral Springs, Florida
Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

From the minute of arrival the doormen make guests feel at home. The decor is update old world elegance and the rooms are quiet and large. The vanity and bat areas are large and rich too. The only reason I have not rated the room, my room with five stars is that the carpet needs to be updated because of stains. The bed was very comfortable and so I slept great. I ordered room service and my dinner was hot and delicious. I could walk everywhere easily and the harbor is right across the street so the location is ideal. I'll be back next September.

• Stayed September 2012
DianeWaite, Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
We look forward to welcoming your back in September. Thank you for the very lovely review of our property. As mentioned in several responses to our guests, we will be undergoing room renovations in the later part of 2013. The rooms will be completely redesigned with new furniture, drapes, carpet, etc. We are very excited about the renovations and hope you will have the opportunity to come back and stay with us again once they are completed.
East Brunswick, New Jersey
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I stayed here for one night to see the Yankees play the Orioles. I think it is crazy that you have to pay for parking. The hotel itself is nice and staff is friendly and helpful. We got an upgrade on our room to a one bedroom suite with murphy bed. It was a corner room that was nice and secluded. The room had an older appearance but the views of the inner harbor are make up for it. The room was spacious and clean. When our coffee maker would not work in the morning they just brought us up a fresh brewed pot of coffee. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing harbors have the best views. Nothing beats waking up looking out on the harbor.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family