“Met all our needs”

Ranked #26 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
New York City, New York
“Met all our needs”
Reviewed September 19, 2010

We recently stayed at the Doubletree at the Colonnade in Baltimore Md and chose this hotel because of it's great proximity to Johns Hopkins University. It is literally across the street. We were immediately greeted by folks at the front desk with a warm welcome as well as the famous warm chocolate chip cookies. Our rooms were ready, clean and roomy. The staff was consistently courteous, friendly and ready to help us with all of our requests. As it was move--in weekend for Hopkins students, the staff remained calm, pleasant and we never felt that they were overwhelmed. I needed to stay an extra night, and despite the heavy volume of people at the hotel, a room was made available for me. We are heading back this weekend and in October and plan on staying there for future trips to Baltimore. The only drawback is that the parking is not included in the hotel stay. There is a parking garage but there is a fee for parking.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank susanbeth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Korean first
southern california
Reviewed September 18, 2010

Stayed two nights while visiting the Johns Hopkins Homewood campus. Walking distance to buildings on campus. I had a large room with a sitting area and king bed. Quiet room despite facing the front of the property and main road. For a few hrs one afternoon there was noise from the stadium but it did not inconvenience me. Staff was excellent all around, room was clean and well maintained. Dinner was great, breakfast was good, and they have vending machines for drinks and snacks although I could not get the drink one to work. Fitness ctr is modest and the elliptical trainer was broken - my only significant complaint. I used the treadmill instead. Water bottles in my room was a nice touch - it might be from my Hilton elite status I'm not sure but it meant I did not have to buy bottled water - a big help when there is not much around and one is walking to campus. Valet parking was expensive $24/day similar to self-park. But they did a good job with the car.
I'd definitely stay here again if I had to visit this location.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
RDU, NC
Reviewed September 15, 2010

Hotel is very attractive and comfortable; rooms spacious and well-appointed.
Business event ran smoothly thanks to staff members' willingness to help and attention to detail.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Cambria, California
Reviewed August 28, 2010

The service at the Colonnade was wonderful! Located across the street from Johns Hopkins University made the place even more perfect for our stay too as we moved our son into college. When asked for information, guidance or help, the Staff went above and beyond to get us every thing we needed. Everything is clean and beautiful. Thank you for all your recommendations and for a most enjoyable stay!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Plainsboro, New Jersey
Reviewed August 19, 2010

My wife and I have had the opportunity to have many wonderful experience during all our stays (more than 15) at this hotel. We have stayed here together and separately - for leisure and business travel and have always looked forward to our next visit.

We have seen continuous improvement over the five years that we have stayed at this hotel. The food - which was already excellent - is even much better. Be sure to try the omelette in the morning and the salmon at night. We are usually out and about during lunch hours so I cannot speak about the lunch menu.

My wife and I are both experienced travelers and we know a great place when we see one and stay at one! There are many other hotels in Baltimore; however, this is where we want to stay. We are extremely disappointed when we hear the words "there is no room at the Inn."

The service - beginning with the auto valet has always been outstanding - and the desk staff always accomodating. The bell persons are helpful and the cleaning staff are friendly. The small things are always right - enough soft towels, bottled water in the room, well functioning heating and air conditioning, and new flat screen TVs!

This hotel is always #1 on our place to stay when we have a meeting within a 50-mile radius. We don't mind the extra drive time if it means we can stay here. Be sure to ask for a room with a balony - sitting outside and watching the sunset was one of our best hotel experiences!

The rooms are spacious with a fridge, nice furnishings, and an extremely comfortable bed. The hotel is located near Johns Hopkins University campus - a real treat! It is also located within an upscale, quiet neighborhood which means you can walk around and enjoy the ambiance provided by a treed area.

So many things to comment on - a smile comes to my face as I attempt to write about other things. The only "bad" thing that I can think of is that I am never able to stay as long as I wish!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Tewksbury, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 3, 2010

From the time my son and I checked-in (presented with warm cookies) to the time we left, we were treated with great service and hospitality. The bell hops, front desk, and support staff are all top notch. Simply, true professionals. If I happen to frequent the area again, I will not hesitate to make a reservation here. I would certainly recommend this Doubletree Inn to any of my family members and friends.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
chester new jersey
Reviewed August 2, 2010

Recently renovated. Rooms are very nice and spacious for the two of us and our dog.
Shower was excellent. Service could not have been any better. All of our requests were acted on promptly and efficiently. Hotel staff remembered our names (including our dog). Could not have treated our dog any better. Provided him with a large pillow and dog biscuits. They did not forget us as we were give warm cookies on our arrival. Very friendly and comfortable environment. Very clean.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple