We stayed at the Inn at the Colonnade to look at Loyola University for my daughter. This hotel was perfect for the occasion!
First off, it is located very close to both Loyola and Johns Hopkins University. The area is nice overall.
The lobby was breathtaking. Not only was is huge, but it was SO fancy! I don't understand why it only got 3 Diamonds AAA!
The staff were all very friendly, courteous, and helpful. Check in was quick and easy. And the Doubletree Cookies are to die for!!!!!!
We booked the "Fun" rate which gave you the room, a large pizza, popcorn, a free movie rental, and the next day FULL breakfast for 4 people! At 169 a night, it was a real bargain!
Another good thing about the Doubletree is that the hotel is surrounded by and connected to Condos. The good thing is that loud and obnoxious tour groups or weddings have to keep it down and be out before 10! This is a real plus!
The room was awesome too! We got the 2 Queen Beds Larger Room. It was huge! The beds were big and comfortable, the bathroom was fancy and large, and there was a sitting area! All wonderful! As far as tech, there was FREE internet (Yay!), and a big flat screen TV with a lot of channels and movies.
The area is nice. There is a Ruby Tuesday around the corner which was a great place for dinner! Beware of the EXTREMELY TIGHT parking quarters in the neighborhood. Not a big deal, though. Parking at the hotel is $24 a day valet (one time fee) and $20 a day self, but the self is far away and you have to pay a fee when you leave every time. Weird!
Breakfast the next day is at Alizee, the onsite restaurant. Not only is the restaurant really nice, the food was GREAT! The omelette guy is amazing! There was eggs, bacon, sausage, taters, toast, danish, pastry, cereal, fruit, etc. Also be sure to try the Choc. Milk. Best I've ever had!
Beware, though. If you are looking to see the Downtown Baltimore (inner harbor, camden yards, malls, etc.) DON'T GO HERE! This hotel is far from those places and not at all convenient. It is perfect for visiting the colleges, like we did. Overall, a great hotel and a great stay in Baltimore. This hotel is truly a hidden gem.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Richly appointed in European style, our guest accommodations positively envelop you in luxury and comfort. All 125 guest rooms and suites feature Biedermeier-inspired furnishings, two phones with data port, hairdryer, coffee maker, ironing equipment, and On-Command Video with first run pay-per-view movies. ADA compliant rooms available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Doubletree Inn at The Colonnade reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Inn At The Colonnade Hotel Baltimore
- Doubletree At The Colonnade
- Doubletree Hotel Baltimore