“Great Military Rate!”

Ranked #23 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Swanzey, New Hampshire
“Great Military Rate!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2014

The military rate is even better than the rate for Johns Hopkins parents and students. Nice rooms, very accommodating staff and good food in the restaurant. I would go there every time we visit Goddaughter at Johns Hopkins. They do allow pets for a $100 fee which worked out inasmuch as we were there for a few days.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Korean first
Seoul, South Korea
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2014

Very comfortable for me!! Very comfortable for me!! Very comfortable for me!!Very comfortable for me!!Very comfortable for me!!Very comfortable for me!!Very comfortable for me!!Very comfortable for me!!Very comfortable for me!!Very comfortable for me!!Very comfortable for me!!Very comfortable for me!!Very comfortable for me!!Very comfortable for me!!Very comfortable for me!!Very comfortable for me!!Very comfortable for me!!Very comfortable for me!!Very comfortable for me!!Very comfortable for me!!Very comfortable for me!!Very comfortable for me!!Very comfortable for me!!Very comfortable for me!!Very comfortable for me!!Very comfortable for me!!Very comfortable for me!!Very comfortable for me!!Very comfortable for me!!Very comfortable for me!!Very comfortable for me!!Very comfortable for me!!Very comfortable for me!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014

The staff is marvelous. They make your stay comfortable and memorable. The location -- next to The Johns Hopkins University -- is perfect if you have business there. And the campus is great to walk around. The hotel itself is pretty old, modernized and clean of course, but not outstanding. i will stay here on future trips to Baltimore.

1 Thank EagleEyeBoston
Houston, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here recently while on a short business trip. My room seemed a bit dingy, but I really feel this is because of the decor choices, which tended to dark colors, plus the fact that none of the bulbs in the room seemed brighter than 40 watts. I will never understand why hotels rooms can't be brightly lit. I have to think its because they think it will show the dirt. My room seemed fairly clean.

On the plus side the bathroom had a fan, rare in hotels, the towels seemed new and fluffy, the shower was easy to use, the water volume was decent and got hot quickly.

They could improve the bed pillows. If you're going to have 4 pillows on a bed why not have them of varying hardness and thickness so that the guests can find one they like? All of mine went totally flat the second I put my head on them. I woke with a terrible crick in my neck the next day.

My room was quiet so no complaints there. It would have been nice to have a fridge for drinks.

The food in the restaurant and room service was good. Room service was very expensive. $32 for an omlette and OJ! Staff were attentive and very polite.

Overall I was happy with this hotel, but I do feel the room rate of $190 per night was high for what you get. I suspect prices are so high because of the location and limited hotel choices in the area.

• Stayed August 2014
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2014

Room is good, but no free breakfast and the paid breakfast is poor, even if you order omlet has no taste. The free cookie the Hotel provides is good. Just stay in the room and then go the nearby Indian or Italian restaurant for food.

North Andover, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2014

The Colonnade is a really comfortable, well located hotel, and Will, the extremely friendly and personable Front Desk clerk, has been spoiling me lately. Not only good conversation when checking in, but he's been putting me into seriously upgraded rooms -- suites!

Room Tip: Ask for Will, and see what he can do for you!