This Doubletree Hotel should have great potential, but it needs work. The staff is solicitous, but the hotel has some inherent problems that have not been successfully addressed.
We had an ADA room because my wife uses a walker. The room was medium-sized, clean, but tended to be dark at night. The ADA shower is very small and the counter space in the bathroom is limited. There is no suitable mirror for shaving. The mirrors are either too far across the counter or the lighting is poor. Fortunately, I have a razor with a built-in LED light (made by The Art of Shaving) that helps.
The big problem was with the air conditioner. It was hot and humid in the summer during our stay. The automatic thermostat failed and the maintenance man had to perform an electronic reset on the unit. It worked for another day. Then it failed again, but this time water was streaming down from the bathroom ceiling below the air conditioner unit. I noticed this when I returned briefly to my room around 3 pm; I called the desk. When we returned to our room at 11pm after an evening presentation, the room door had been left ajar by maintenance. The bathroom ceiling had been removed and a ladder and other tools filled the bathroom. I called the desk and the night manager came to our room. He was very helpful and was able to find us a non-ADA room for the remainder of our stay. The staff helped us move to the new room that night.
The night manager reported the mess to the day manager who, with some reluctance, gave us half-off on the one night that we were inconvenienced. Since this air conditioner problem required servicing by the installing company, it was not fixed during our stay. The night manager mentioned that the hotel had experienced several difficulties with the air conditioning systems. (Another convention attendee also experienced problems with the air conditioning.)
The bathroom was dark until I realized that one fluorescent tube was burned out. It was replaced promptly. The hall entry light was dim because the energy-efficient bulb needed replacement. Unfortunately, the hotel did not have extra bulbs.
But in conclusion, others attending this convention who did not experience a problem, were very pleased with this hotel. It’s just that one takes a chance at this Doubletree.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Richly appointed in European style, our guest accommodations positively envelop you in luxury and comfort. All 125 guest rooms and suites feature Biedermeier-inspired furnishings, two phones with data port, hairdryer, coffee maker, ironing equipment, and On-Command Video with first run pay-per-view movies. ADA compliant rooms available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Doubletree Inn at The Colonnade reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Inn At The Colonnade Hotel Baltimore
- Doubletree At The Colonnade
- Doubletree Hotel Baltimore