“My Favorite Staff-Manager Michael treats us like family.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Doubletree Inn at The Colonnade

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Doubletree Inn at The Colonnade
Ranked #24 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Berlin, Maryland
“My Favorite Staff-Manager Michael treats us like family.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

What a wonderful spot to stay while enjoying the beautiful city of Baltimore. The rooms are large enough to spread out. Beds are comfortable and the restaurant is cozy and delicious.
With all that said, the staff from the front desk to the bell men are above and beyond A+ with customer service.

• Stayed February 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
snyitrai, General Manager at Doubletree Inn at The Colonnade, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Thank you for the kind words! I am a little biased, but I agree, I think we have great staff, and Michael has been a great addition to our front desk. Thank you for your continued patronage and kind words, looking forward to seeing you soon.

Steve

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel, the rooms were nice, the lobby nicely decorated and the restaurant was good. The staff was very nice and attentive. I plan on staying at this hotel the next time I am in Baltimore.

• Stayed February 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I appreciate you choosing our hotel and appreciate the kind words. Please let us know if we can do anything to make your next stay even better, we look forward to seeing you soon.

Glastonbury, CT., United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

Room lighting too dim, same for bathroom automated system for departing parking garage often fails to read hotel room key, requiring call to front desk for help. Food purchased in hotel was expensive.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you taking the time to share your experience. We are in the process of increasing the lighting in our rooms and bathrooms, you should see a brighter product your next stay. I apologize about the garage system we have had our vendor make the necessary corrections to avoid future issues. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Los Angeles
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

Of all the hotels my husband and I have stayed at over 26 years, we agreed that this hotel was the worst by far. We were simply shocked at how small and outdated the room was.
Overall SF of the room was perhaps 120FT?
The bathroom had no vanity space. I had to put my makeup bag on top of the toilet.
The bathroom had no towel rack.
The entire bathroom, including the shower, was about 5'x7'?
The shower curtain was ripped.
There was 1 bath towel, 2 hand towels, 2 tip towels--I've never been to a Hilton where only 1 bath towel was provided.
The closet was half the size of average hotel room closets.
The telephone was from the 80's.
There was only 1 free outlet in the entire room. I had to plug in my phone there and the IPad in the bathroom.
The AC/Heater was so loud that we turned it off to get some peace and quiet.
The hallways on the 2nd floor *HHonors floors was hideous and smelled "old."
Instead of flowers, there was a sad looking unhealthy house plant on display near the elevator.
The elevator was outdated and slow, subpar to what is available on the market.
The flowers near the tour desk was literally dead and the water in the vase was completely depleted.

They're very lucky that the hotel is the closest chain hotel to Johns Hopkins. Otherwise, I'm not sure how much business they'd get. I took pictures of the room and plan to post on Hopkins parents Facebook page, Expedia and other websites to never go to that facility unless they would like to experience a 1 or 2 star hotel room where they can see what claustrophobia feels like. I was so disgusted that I really wanted to leave immediately. The only consolation was the friendly staff. Sorry, but the facility needs to be reevaluated by the Hilton Group. It's time for an upgrade or set appropriate expectations with future guests. The Colonnade is a 1.5 or 2 star facility. We paid $155.

Room Tip: Proximity to Johns Hopkins Univ campus couldn't compensate for how terribly shocking and subpar...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank ESKPLosAngeles
snyitrai, General Manager at Doubletree Inn at The Colonnade, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. As I noted in the email I had sent you prior to you posting your comment here on Tripadvisor, when you reserved your room, you literally chose the smallest room in the hotel through Advance Purchase. I noted in the email I wasn't sure if that was the only room left at that price point you had wanted to be at, but we did have 1 or 2 suites left due to our nearly being sold-out when you made your reservation at 9pm your day of arrival. I also extended a personal invitation back to the hotel, and included my personal cell for you to reach out to me directly, which you have not responded back to me to discuss your challenges,.

We hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area.
columbia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

The service that we received from checking in, dinning in and checking out, were all excellent. I will say I wasn't to happy with my meal. Other than that our stay was great. Thank you to everyone we enjoyed our time. Loved the cookie lol

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Wilmette, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

WE had a 1 bedroom suite. There was a pullout couch and we requested a cot. Both the couch bed and cot had terrible mattresses. The shower did not drain well. The water reached our ankles in the shower. I have stayed here previously and I plan to in the future because of its location. My previous stays were better. Hopefully it was an off night.

Shaker Heights, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

We arrived at the Inn at The Colonnade in the middle of the night in a big snow storm. We were greeting with warm cookies, a friendly face, and a lovely lobby. When we got to our room, though, we met a deafening roar. Seriously, I travel a lot and I've never, ever, heard a heating system so loud. It was like there was a train running through our room. It was so late, though, that we didn't ask to move -- though we probably should have. Instead, we just shut off the heat. That made it quiet, but by morning, it was pretty cold! Also, we had stayed there to visit JHU, which ended up being closed for the storm. My husband was supposed to work for the day in his company's downtown office -- also closed, so he had to do a conference call in the room. They gave us a really hard time about extending check-out time from 12 to 1 p.m. You'd think I was asking for a major, major, favor. I felt like I had to beg. Soured us on this hotel a bit, although they ultimately relented and let us stay for no more than one extra hour.

• 2 of 5 bubbles