Of all the hotels my husband and I have stayed at over 26 years, we agreed that this hotel was the worst by far. We were simply shocked at how small and outdated the room was.
Overall SF of the room was perhaps 120FT?
The bathroom had no vanity space. I had to put my makeup bag on top of the toilet.
The bathroom had no towel rack.
The entire bathroom, including the shower, was about 5'x7'?
The shower curtain was ripped.
There was 1 bath towel, 2 hand towels, 2 tip towels--I've never been to a Hilton where only 1 bath towel was provided.
The closet was half the size of average hotel room closets.
The telephone was from the 80's.
There was only 1 free outlet in the entire room. I had to plug in my phone there and the IPad in the bathroom.
The AC/Heater was so loud that we turned it off to get some peace and quiet.
The hallways on the 2nd floor *HHonors floors was hideous and smelled "old."
Instead of flowers, there was a sad looking unhealthy house plant on display near the elevator.
The elevator was outdated and slow, subpar to what is available on the market.
The flowers near the tour desk was literally dead and the water in the vase was completely depleted.
They're very lucky that the hotel is the closest chain hotel to Johns Hopkins. Otherwise, I'm not sure how much business they'd get. I took pictures of the room and plan to post on Hopkins parents Facebook page, Expedia and other websites to never go to that facility unless they would like to experience a 1 or 2 star hotel room where they can see what claustrophobia feels like. I was so disgusted that I really wanted to leave immediately. The only consolation was the friendly staff. Sorry, but the facility needs to be reevaluated by the Hilton Group. It's time for an upgrade or set appropriate expectations with future guests. The Colonnade is a 1.5 or 2 star facility. We paid $155.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Richly appointed in European style, our guest accommodations positively envelop you in luxury and comfort. All 125 guest rooms and suites feature Biedermeier-inspired furnishings, two phones with data port, hairdryer, coffee maker, ironing equipment, and On-Command Video with first run pay-per-view movies. ADA compliant rooms available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Doubletree Inn at The Colonnade reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Inn At The Colonnade Hotel Baltimore
- Doubletree At The Colonnade
- Doubletree Hotel Baltimore