“Pleasant Stay in Baltimore” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Doubletree Inn at The Colonnade

Doubletree Inn at The Colonnade
Ranked #24 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Clearwater, United States
“Pleasant Stay in Baltimore”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

This hotel was very lovely. The room was very clean and comfortable. I was most pleased with the restaurant Alizee. The crab cake was to die for and I actually ate the crab omelete for breakfast each morning for 3 days straight. Delicious.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Korean first
Fredericksburg, va, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013

It was a beautiful hotel which charges $24 for parking 24 hours in there parking garage. This was not disclosed on the website, calling to make a reservation or when checking in. Was asked for a credit card for incidentals when I asked what he meant he stated for parking and such. I asked if there was a parking fee then he stated the above. There are plenty of other hotels in that area who offer free parking and continental breakfast and we got neither. The restaurant prices were ridiculous. They wanted $11 for juice, oatmeal, cereal and muffins. We had to ask 3 times for a blanket and were told on the 3rd time we asked they ran out (the hotel was not even to half occupancy) finally after 3 hours of dealing with this we received a blanket at midnight. That is our first and last time staying at a Hilton the Marriot 2 miles down the road that overlooks Inner Harbor doesn't charge for parking and I believe they GIVE you breakfast.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Baltimore, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013

This hotel is exceptionally beautiful. The room was very nice and comfortable, the staff excellent and the food was wonderful. I will recommend this to people visiting Baltimore who want to stay in this area.

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013

We were so delighted with everything Rebecca, Ricardo, and the staff at the Inn at the Colonnade did for us for our wedding. We could not have asked for a more wonderful day! Rebecca worked with us every step of the way and truly helped our vision come to life! She was organized, professional, and very caring about our needs. The Colonnade has a great space to work with and has several reception halls to choose from. We chose to do our reception in the lobby and everything turned out beautifully – the elegant wallpaper, marble floors, and the skylight dome served as a wonderful backdrop for the occasion. We left detailed instructions for how to decorate the space and we were so happy with how lovely and cohesive the room looked on our wedding day. Ricardo was very flexible and able to customize the food and drink options to fit our budget and guest size. The food was amazing and we had many compliments from our guests about how wonderful everything tasted! Overall, we highly recommend the Inn at the Colonnade for weddings and other special occasions!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Export, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

Excellent staff, convenient to downtown and I 83. A great room at a great price. Several places to eat in walking distance. Hopkins very close. Perfect for baseball, football and lacrosse sporting events

Hudson, Ohio, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013

The reservation promised me a certain kind of room I liked but I didn't get it when I checked in. (I paid even before I checked in.) The reason is I have to pay extra but the information doesn't appear on Double Tree's website. The coffee maker was broken. I had to pay tips as a courtesy to get a replaced one from the housekeeping. But the problem shouldn't have happened in the first place because it is a grand hotel. The noisy heating system in my room even produced a vibration strong enough that I could feel it when I was on bed. I also was told I needed to pay $20 to get hot water to drink because I was not staying in a suite. Hot water and free coffee are offered even in the tiny lobbies of most cheap motels/hotels along the highways. Though the room was clean but the service was bad. So a hotel with grand lobby/decoration doesn't necessarily mean it will meet your needs.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

Stayed at the hotel while visiting our daughter at Johns Hopkins. I assumed that it would be acceptable given the great location in relation to the school, The minute I walked in I was pleasantly surprised. The lobby is pristine and the staff is outstanding. Everyone is so polite and willing to help. The room was very comfortable and I was happy to see that housekeeping will come in and clean regardless of what time you leave the room! What a treat to come back to a tended room after having given housekeeping the go ahead past five PM.

One thing I found particularly enjoyable was the nice smells throughout, Whether it was the fresh cookies at the lobby or the nice fresh smell on the hallways, it added to the atmosphere.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family