“Pleasant Surprise” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #23 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
New Brunswick, New Jersey
“Pleasant Surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

I just spent one week at this hotel and was pleasantly surprised! At first glance the rooms and hallways are a little old, but clean. The staff is great and very helpful! The food in the restaurant was excellent. I would recommend this hotel and look forward to staying there again!

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Korean first
Litchfield, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

Dislecksia: The Movie had an incredible stay at the Hilton Double Tree Inn at the Colonnade in Baltimore. The hospitality, service, food, and staff were amazing, and the crab cakes are the best in Baltimore!

Hillsborough, CA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

I couldn't check in early and was not offered alternate place to rest or to take my bags. Valet mis-quoted the over night rate - told me it was $9 and i was charger $29. Coffee maker and phone needed repair. AC loud Toilet water would run if not flushed multiple times Front desk staff doesn't have an service oriented attitude. ...and the cookies were out! Isn't that why we stay at DoubleTree? Other that that, the hotel is extremely convenient to JHU.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

snyitrai, General Manager at Doubletree Inn at The Colonnade, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our hotel. We’re very sorry that you encountered an unacceptable level of service. We do our best to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. We've addressed these issues with our staff and hope that next time you’re in the area, you’ll visit us again and experience a higher level of customer service. Thank you again for your comments.
williamsville, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

great location , staff and nice rooms. Right across from john Hopkins university and walking distance to nice shops and Resturant I would really recommend this hotel to every one. for business and family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

My husband and I had our wedding reception recently at this hotel. Our function was place in the lobby next to the bar lounge. What intrigued us the most to have the event there was the look of the ceiling or shall I say the "dome". The colors of the walls fit perfect for our wedding theme colors.The wedding specialist Rebbecca has been extremely helpful, very open and and engaging. Very communicative and extended herself to do more just make sure our dream wedding came true! The flow of the our wedding reception atmosphere was good. The food was awesome! I'm not a complainer but one thing I do wish to happen at our wedding reception is that we received not so great customer service. A few of our guests and our DJ complained about the mistreatment or noncommunication that we received from the Hospitality manager Ricardo who seems to be on the "edge" and not so engaging that evening. Not only towards the guests but as well towards the important individual of the night which is ME (the bride) and you know that's a NO NO. Which was a little bit disappointing BUT this didn't hold me back from sharing this matter to the owner of the building, After I share my concerns, Ricardo respectively apologize for his actions and we were both granted for another night to stay at the hotel! Our hotel suite was "Cozy" balcony included. The bellman people were extremely nice and gave top notch customer service. I must not forget there was one server that kept a smile that can light up the room and I wish I remeber her name but she was such a sweet heart!!! I am an African American 9-5 working hard wife and mother with a very supportive husband and great father who has a good heart. People judge from the moment we walk in which is "sad" but one thing I didnt feel from SOME individuals was the feeling of being "not welcome". That's important. Showing great customer service gives you referrals. Keep that in mind! ;0)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Rochelle B
Santa Fe, New Mexico
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

Because my usual choice for a business hotel was completely booked, I decided to stay here. I first checked into a suite and it stunk so badly of smoke that I requested another room. My requests were simple: top floor with no connecting door. I went back to the desk and changed rooms. I got to the next room and it had a connecting door. (Most rooms are connecting he told me). It also smelled musty but not as bad as the first. The rooms were definitely dated. They were dark and not particularly attractive. In frustration I called to see if I could check out and move to another hotel when the desk clerk offered me a luxury suite. This room was nice but the list price for it was $330 a night. For that much I appreciate the effort because he only charged me my original rate.

When it came time for breakfast, I went down at my usual 6:30. Oh, the breakfast doesn't start until 7:00, which puts a crunch to get to work by 8:00 in Baltimore. Additionally the parking was $25.00 a night even though this is not an inner city location. (And sodas in the machine were $3.00).

All in all, I would never ever stay here again. I would stay in the burbs and drive. This hotel caters almost exclusively to Johns Hopkins University and it shows. It is NOT a hotel designed for business travelers. Someone put lipstick on this pig without truly upgrading it to a business hotel.

On the up side: the beds were comfortable. The bathrooms were nice. The room I finally ended up getting was on the street front and the traffic in the morning was noisy. But I didn't have the energy to change yet again.

My status as Hilton Diamond (and my status as Top Contributor) should tell anyone that this is an accurate review.

Room Tip: Do not stay here unless you are attending an event at Johns Hopkins University. Either stay downtow...
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
snyitrai, General Manager at Doubletree Inn at The Colonnade, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and sharing feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input as a frequent traveler and will keep your comments in mind as we constantly look for new ways to improve our guests' experience. We hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in town so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction.

Steve
Worcester Park, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

Stayed here for family reasons, Good location for John Hopkins University and a short distance by taxi from the Inner Harbor. Free WiFi in the business centre was very useful. Food and drink slightly on the expensive side, but good and convenient. The hotel rooms have the usual amenities, but are looking slightly tired and in need of renovation. Fine for a short stay. Staff friendly and helpful.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family