“Good Service and Location...but Rooms are overpriced” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
STOP CLICKING AROUND
Ranked #22 of 61 Hotels in Baltimore
Austin, Texas
“Good Service and Location...but Rooms are overpriced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We received great friendly service and a location close to Johns Hopkins and Close enough to the Harbor and Peabody Institute. Also it is in a very safe part of town and has two dining options available. The rooms were a little simple, however. The staff are apparently improving the hotel so our room had no refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, or chests of drawers (still $196 a night) but it was spotlessly clean and you could get a good nights sleep. Since they are improving the hotel, however, I will give them a break and will probably stay again if I came to Baltimore again.

Room Tip: Preferably get a suite while the Hotel is improving because some rooms have refrigerators, etc. and...
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
snyitrai, General Manager at Doubletree Inn at The Colonnade, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
I am so glad our staff made you feel welcome and provided great customer service. We are in the process of replacing some case goods, however you should not of been without certain basic amenities. I apologize for any inconvenience that may of caused and we look forward to seeing you back soon.

Steve

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Korean first
Salisbury, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Great hotel with very nice rooms & suites. The restaurant has a decent breakfast buffet and really nice happy hour / dinner specials during the week. The staff is exceptional and make us feel like we are at our second home when we stay at the Colonnade.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I am so glad you enjoyed your recent trip to our hotel. I am a little biased, but I agree we have some great specials in our restaurant Alizee, my personal favorite is our crab cakes! Hope to see you back soon!

new york
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We stayed here one night while visiting an area college. Location is good, easy to find and convenient parking (although you pay $24 a night). Lobby is very nice. Rooms were clean, but worn. Bathrooms look renovated and were nice, but shower needed a better cleaning. Beds was not that comfortable, but fine for a night or two. I would stay here again if I could get a good rate.

Cleanliness
Thank you for your comments and your business. I am sorry you did not enjoy our bed, we get so many compliments on them. As you noted parking is $24.00 per night with tax, there is street parking, however you risk parking tickets and not as convenient as riding the elevator to our secure parking garage. We look forward to seeing you back soon, and we hope your son or daughter enjoyed their college tour.

Mendham, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Orientation for my son at Loyola University, my staying at this hotel was very nice. I'll recommend this and other DoubleTree hotel to any of my friends and family. I would like to become a Hilton prefer customer.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I am so glad you chose our hotel for your son's orientation at Loyola! As you noticed being only 2 miles from the University makes us very convenient to the school. Please ask our front desk associate to enroll you in Hilton Honors your next stay to take full advantage of the benefits of being a valued Hilton guest.

Leysin, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

The hotel exceeded my expectations. It was clean, friendly and comfortable. A plus, it's right across the street from the Johns Hopkins playing fields The staff at the reception desk couldn't have been more welcoming. There is underground parking (I think it was expensive, but everyone else told me that it was a fact of life in big American cities) with an elevator with access to the lobby. You need your key card to access the elevators that open on the guest floors. The additional level of security will be appreciated by solo women travellers.

The rooms were very well appointed and very clean. However, the duvets were too heavy for the season and we couldn't get the room quite cool enough. Granted, it was very, very hot during our visit.

The restaurant there was fine, not stellar, but no complaints. The bar is nice aside from all the televisions....

I would stay there again!

Room Tip: Choose a room on the back side of the hotel
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for your comments and your business. I am so glad you were able to enjoy our friendly staff and Doubletee by Hilton hospitality. We hope the next time you are in the states, you stay with us again, thanks for making us your home away from home!

Baltimore, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Overall ok hotel. Spacious rooms, though on the pricey side. Hotel bar closed EARLY every night (9 pm!). Staff mostly friendly and try to help, but I had problems getting into the self-park parking lot at night because the ticket machine gate was broken. Called to the desk and they said they would send someone, but no one came and I waited for 20 minutes. Because it was 3AM and I was tired, I finally backed out and went back to the front of the hotel to use valet parking, which they gladly comped, but they should have offered that as a solution immediately at that hour of the night.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

We appreciate your business and glad our staff took care of your needs and made amends for or parking gate issue. I apologize for any parking issue you may of encountered, we have contacted our vendor and repairs have been made to the gate. Thanks again for your comments.

Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Great hotel experience! Upon arriving the hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room was clean and fresh. The area around the hotel was great, quiet, and peaceful...especially when you just want to relax and unwind. A great value especially when you add the great and friendly staff!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends