“Solid for a trip to Johns Hopkins”

Doubletree Inn at The Colonnade
Ranked #28 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Spent a few days in Baltimore to visit the U of Maryland and Johns-Hopkins. My hosts set me up at this Doubletree. A bit higher end property than many Doubletrees. This hotel uses the first 3 floors of the building and the rest of the property is private condos (a friend of mine owns one). The room was large and nice. It did seem strange that the bathroom had the toilet and the shower in a separate room than the sink, but ok. The toilet did not flush real well as well. Otherwise, for me internet was free (I don't think that was true for others though) and wake-up call worked. Needed the key to work the elevator. The breakfast buffet was rather boring and expensive (~11) for croissants, muffins and yogurt (plus drinks). Breakfast room was nice, but the breakfast felt a bit overcharged. So, overall, this was a nice property (always love the cookie at check-in) especially to see the University.

1  Thank aagourmet

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Quiet, clean, friendly staff, easy to use AC system. Went for a conference at STScI. Couldn't be at a better location for STScI/John's Hopkins. Staff was able to help me get the group rate for all three nights when only 2 nights were technically still available at the group rate.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Reviewed April 19, 2013

This hotel was recommended by a local college during a college visit. Being a Hilton honors member we chose to stay here in the Loyola suite. This is a 1 bedroom suite with a pull out sofa bed in a separate room. The bedroom was very clean and bed extremely comfortable, my daughter said pull out was VERY uncomfortable (unlike a homewood suite pull out she stayed on during a CT visit). Plus long black hairs in the bathtub, which kind of sent me on a Clorox wipe frenzy. Room location kind of tough opposite JH sport fields and facing Main Street so a little noisy during the night. Will try another hotel next time but not completely terrible.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

The staff at this hotel were very friendly. I did not care for the layout of the hotel with what they call "towers". I have stayed in hotels like this before and they kind of creep me out. All I can think about is Jack Nicolson..."Here's Johnny!"
That being said...I was exhausted and hungry by the time I got to this hotel. I was so happy to see a restaurant off the lobby which served until 11am. The beer was cold and the food was very good.
The next morning my buisness partner and I were expecting phone calls and needed to order room service. The coffee was hot and very good. Again, so was the food.
The buisness center was very well equiped and convenient for what we needed to do.
The lobby was nice...I enjoyed reading my paper in the sun the morning of my checkout.
There was a cute little convenince store that had good stuff.
So...the only thing that brings this hotel down for me was my room. If I were to stay here again I would ask to be in the most recently updated rooms. Maybe then the rating would go up.

Room Tip: Like I said above...ask if there have been renovations and if so go for the newest rooms.
1  Thank rhonda t
Reviewed April 18, 2013

The Hotel was very good overall. From the valet parking and front desk to our room. The best part of the hotel, however, was the manager Steve Nyitrai who helped immensely and easily. He is kind and personable and made anything that wasn't great - better.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

The hotel is very nice and convenient to Johns Hopkins. It is an easy cab ride to the Inner Harbor. The staff was very helpful. The room was clean and the beds are extremely comfortable. We had the continental breakfast which had homemade muffins, hot oatmeal and assorted fresh fruit cut up. A waitress brought drinks.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We checked in for an evening wedding nearby.The parking attendents were good and made sure the car was out front when we needed it. I went down to the bar to watch a football game and have a beer around 4:30 and had to find someone to unlock the bar and find a beer? They coulden't figure out how to turn on the TV and just left me there hade to again find them for a second beer. Hade to find them again to pay my bill. I guess they were setting up for a wedding and the bar didn't matter. Poor staffing.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family