“Just ok”

Ranked #24 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Wall Township, New Jersey
“Just ok”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

This hotel was recommended by a local college during a college visit. Being a Hilton honors member we chose to stay here in the Loyola suite. This is a 1 bedroom suite with a pull out sofa bed in a separate room. The bedroom was very clean and bed extremely comfortable, my daughter said pull out was VERY uncomfortable (unlike a homewood suite pull out she stayed on during a CT visit). Plus long black hairs in the bathtub, which kind of sent me on a Clorox wipe frenzy. Room location kind of tough opposite JH sport fields and facing Main Street so a little noisy during the night. Will try another hotel next time but not completely terrible.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Korean first
Harrison, Maine
Reviewed April 18, 2013

The staff at this hotel were very friendly. I did not care for the layout of the hotel with what they call "towers". I have stayed in hotels like this before and they kind of creep me out. All I can think about is Jack Nicolson..."Here's Johnny!"
That being said...I was exhausted and hungry by the time I got to this hotel. I was so happy to see a restaurant off the lobby which served until 11am. The beer was cold and the food was very good.
The next morning my buisness partner and I were expecting phone calls and needed to order room service. The coffee was hot and very good. Again, so was the food.
The buisness center was very well equiped and convenient for what we needed to do.
The lobby was nice...I enjoyed reading my paper in the sun the morning of my checkout.
There was a cute little convenince store that had good stuff.
So...the only thing that brings this hotel down for me was my room. If I were to stay here again I would ask to be in the most recently updated rooms. Maybe then the rating would go up.

Room Tip: Like I said above...ask if there have been renovations and if so go for the newest rooms.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank rhonda t
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed April 18, 2013

The Hotel was very good overall. From the valet parking and front desk to our room. The best part of the hotel, however, was the manager Steve Nyitrai who helped immensely and easily. He is kind and personable and made anything that wasn't great - better.

Wilton, United States
Reviewed April 18, 2013

The hotel is very nice and convenient to Johns Hopkins. It is an easy cab ride to the Inner Harbor. The staff was very helpful. The room was clean and the beds are extremely comfortable. We had the continental breakfast which had homemade muffins, hot oatmeal and assorted fresh fruit cut up. A waitress brought drinks.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

lititz Pennsylvania, USA
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We checked in for an evening wedding nearby.The parking attendents were good and made sure the car was out front when we needed it. I went down to the bar to watch a football game and have a beer around 4:30 and had to find someone to unlock the bar and find a beer? They coulden't figure out how to turn on the TV and just left me there hade to again find them for a second beer. Hade to find them again to pay my bill. I guess they were setting up for a wedding and the bar didn't matter. Poor staffing.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 12, 2013

The location is wonderful, the food is terrific, and the room is lovely. But the staff truly makes the experience a 5 star! With a toddler in tow (my grandson) one would think it would be a challenge, but the staff and the room, made it a wonderful experience. We were able to make lifetime memories as we visited family without stress!! Thank you Doubletree!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

Very nice overall experience. Well managed. Easy access from the street, and very accommodating staff. Well located in this northern part of Baltimore. Good value. Would not recommend the restaurant on the property.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family