“Wonderful Experience”

Doubletree Inn at The Colonnade
Ranked #27 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed March 27, 2013

This was my first time staying at this particular hotel. the reason why I stayed here was I was visiting my mother who was getting surgery at union memorial hospital. Although all the agents at the front desk were friendly, Roland was especially helpful. After a long drive from Boston Roland was able to get me checked in early. I spoke with him the day before my arrival and Roland recommended I check back in with him the day of my checkin to request the early checkin. When we got here, he located the wheelchair, had the room ready, and really impressed us with his personalized service. I would recommend this hotel to anyone needing to stay near the hospital. The beds were comfortable and the bathrooms are beautiful.

Melissa

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Melissa W

Reviewed March 22, 2013

My husband and I stay in Baltimore on average about once a week on business. We have chosen this hotel as our favorite and the reasons are many.
First of all, the staff is wonderful. Very customer focused! The hotel has been there for years, but the rooms are spacious and fairly updated and always very clean.
The restaurant and bar are good and they offer wonderful specials. We will often opt to stay in for dinner and eat there. Can't go wrong!

Room Tip: The suites are extra nice for extended stays.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 5, 2013

One of the cleanest hotels I've ever been in. New chef is superb, I found the staff to be pleasantly helpful. Just an over- all great hotel. Rooms spacious Lovely foyer. Across from Hopkins and near Keswick.
I'd return

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Gmanoma
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I remember when this hotel was built more than 20 years ago and have been happy to revisit the place several times over the years. The hotel lobby is pretty expansive and the check in desk is at the opposite end of the lobby. The front desk staff was very welcoming and gave me my two warm cookies after the transaction. You need to use your hotel key to call the elevator, which is a great safety feature. When I arrived on the second floor, I noticed a musty smell in the hall that smelled like an athletic team had just been in the hotel. My room had this cool button to let the cleaning service know whether or not you wanted service so I did not have to open my door and put that placard on the door knob. My room was very spacious with the sink and vanity outside of the actual bathroom. I arrived on a stormy day and the cable in my room was not working. A technician came up, could not fix it and offered to move me to another room. I told him I was fine and he came back with voucher for a complimentary breakfast that next morning. The hotel is in a great location. You can take a city bus to the Inner Harbor or north to Towson. Taxi cabs are always available and the area feels very safe and residential. Although the hotel has lost some of its shine, I would definitely not hesitate to stay here again on my next trip to Baltimore.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Stayed there for a hospital visit to Sinai. Although it was not right next to the hospital, the hotel was very nice and taxis are plentiful. Front desk staff was very helpful. Crab omelette in the restaurant was wonderful!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This hotel is located right across the street from John Hopkins athletic stadium. The hotel doesn't have much which makes it special. There are only bus connections to the downtown area. Beyond the restaurant in the lobby, the closest food is about 4-5 blocks away. Other than that the hotel gives you a nice place to sleep but you can hear things in the hallway.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Heating/cooling problems- room would not warm up beyond 66 degrees. Staff called an Engineer on staff who replaced the filter and overrode the thermostat settings- fixing the problem as much as was possible (without being able to redirect air away from sleeping area). Dim lighting. Cookies are not an enticement to stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business