“A real find located directly across from the Johns Hopkins University campus.”

Doubletree Inn at The Colonnade
Ranked #27 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed February 7, 2012

A real find located directly across from the Johns Hopkins University campus. You would expect to pay much more for a hotel of this quality. Staff is friendly and helpful, from the front desk to the housekeeping staff. Our room was large and comfortable Toiletries are from Crabtree and Evelyn. We had asked for a blanket instead of a comforter when we made our reservations, and it was already made up on the bed when we checked in. We had a tasty and generous brunch at the club like atmosphere Alizee hotel restaurant. We'll stay there again whenever we visit Baltimore.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Maconnais

Reviewed February 7, 2012

Two blocks from the hand center. Great place. Clean, easy to get to. great service. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 7, 2012

Johns Hopkins University invited a guest to one of our seminars. When our guest became ill overnight, the Inn at The Colonnade did everything imaginable to make this guests' stay as pleasant as possible given the circumstances. Chasity Michailov was outstanding! We tip our hat to you Chasity! Top notch service and people and I recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 5, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the Colonnade and we had a wonderful experience there. The room was very nice and spacious and looked like it had been recently renovated. The hotel was also very clean and maintained well. The staff couldn't have been friendlier or more helpful. The location was also very convenient and close to many attractions. The hotel restaurant was also excellent and the food was wonderful. We enjoyed our stay and would definitely return.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 26, 2012

Recently stayed at the Colonnade. I must say I was extremely impressed with the staff and overall appearance of the hotel. It is obvious that the employees put their customer first and they take every opportunity to ensure your stay is the best it can be!! First rate!!The rooms look like they have been recently renovated. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend this hotel to family and friends.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank patty g
Reviewed January 24, 2012

I will start by saying that I see a lot of effort from employees at this property and this is mostly the saving grace. Room was little worn down, but acceptable. Main issue is this property is not polished, there appears to be a slightly lax method of maintenance which the owners/managers have determined is best overcome by "great costumer service" from what I can tell. Ok, fine...but funny how people dont think about that when the property runs like a well oiled machine. THis one doesnt. To be fair, this is only a 3* hotel, but that should only be reflected in the amenities, not the subtle feel that there is a little neglect in upkeep and "polished" nature of the property.

Here is some examples:
1) walking in, there was a janitor spraying plants next to the elevator with some kinda chemical shine spray....didn stop as I walked by. Kept spraying as I walked through a cloud of who knows what. Who does that? Next time, look behind you and spray when there is no one within 50 feet of the elevator...or do it at night.
2) tub drain plug...took 5 minutes to get to stay closed both times I used tub. These little details should be checked. Also, electric lock was erratic.
3) BIG ONE: $160 per night for a room and I am watching a $1000 HIGH DEFINITION flat screen tv with an ANALOG signal. AN ANALOG SIGNAL? Why? Many of the lower channel numbers were clouded with snow. Unacceptable. Spend some money on digital and HD channels.
4) BIG ONE: A loud trash truck was operating for at least 5 minutes right outside my room at THREE IN THE MORNING. Woke both me and my GF up and we watched the truck from our window, laughing and shaking our heads. WHO DOES THAT OR ALLOWS THAT AT A HOTEL? Seriously.
5) Pool was out of commission. Apparently closed permanently? I asked the front desk upon arrival what was going on and commented that a good portion of the reason we chose the location was the pool WHICH HAD PICTURES ON THE WEBSITE AND IS LISTED AS AN AMENITY. This is false advertising. Unacceptable that this isnt immediately noted on the website the day the pool is closed.
6) Gym: The elliptic trainer was broken. Nice...but didnt surprise me. Called front desk and kinda got a disinterested "ok".

Bottom line is this: I stayed here 4 nights from Jan 16th and was lucky enough to pay $70 a night becuase I KNEW going in which hotel it was via Hotwire. But even at that discounted rate, I still chose this hotel. Overall, ok, its satisfactory, maybe deserves slightly more than a "poor" rating, but if I had paid $100 more a night (which is about the cheapest you will see at the normal rate) I would have left with a pretty sour taste in my mouth. To many little things need to be addressed. As is it, it was functional and a place to sleep, but little more. Management needs to stop saying "sorry" to people who have complaints (plenty on here) and make it so the complaints are actually reduced.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank moogmatt
Reviewed January 23, 2012

Recently spent two nights at the Colonnade when I dropped off my son at Johns Hopkins. Excellent location, right next to the athletic facilities of the Homewood Campus of Johns Hopkins University across the street.
Comfortable rooms, very helpful friendly front desk personnel and the General Manager, Stephen Nyitrai was, was extremely helpful and considerate in straightening out a messed up reservation and relating charges. Will stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family