“Great clean Friendly hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Doubletree Inn at The Colonnade

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Doubletree Inn at The Colonnade
Ranked #23 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Hudson, New Hampshire
“Great clean Friendly hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2011

This hotel is directly across the street from John Hopkins football field. Besides that it is a drive to go anywhere else. However it is not that far to get to most of Baltimore. 11 minutes or so to the inner harbor. Hotel was clean and very inviting. The only bad mark was the outragous parking fees.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Korean first
Charlottesville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2011

We want to thank manager Steve Nyitrai and all of his staff who were so friendly and helpful during our stay. We look forward to returning.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
snyitrai, General Manager at Doubletree Inn at The Colonnade, responded to this review, October 10, 2011
It was a pleasure to meet you and I appreciate your business, it is always so nice to get to know our guests on a more personal level.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2011

Oh, where do I start. I stayed in this hotel and the room was totally awesome. I fell into the bed and immediately fell asleep every night. Its right in the campus of John Hopkins University. I had a cool view of the stadium, but it was the staff that made this stay great. From the housekeeping staff to the front desk to the managers, everyone helped me when I was in a major bind. I forgot my Dexter's Laboratory towel AND my work blackberry in my room when I checked out on the 10th. I called the hotel immediately from the airport, they said they would let me know if they could find it. I knew the towel would blend in, because its white, so I didn't expect to get it back, but the blackberry was locked, so I didn't think foul play would happen, but it was my WORK blackberry and has an alarm that will go off in the am. The outstanding staff not only coordinated with calling me back and updating me, but they even followed the smallest detail I left, which was taking the battery out of my phone or it would annoy them all. Within the week I had my Dexter's Laboratory towel and (sigh) my work blackberry back to me in Massachusetts. I can't name any names here, because I want everyone involved in the hotel to get credit with assisting with my stupidity. They all very calmly explained to me what they could do and then did it. I originally wrote off my towel, but then again, when you own something, you want to keep it. I don't even know where I got the towel, but I felt like a part of me was missing without it. I'm about to book another hotel in the DC area in the coming weeks and I completely forgot to do this review. The staff here, of all levels, assisted me way beyond what I would have expected and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I am so glad we were able to assist you with your items left behind. My staff does their very best to assist our guests with forgotten items. Thank you for your feedback and business, we look forward to seeing you back soon. Please do not hesitate to call me directly with any future needs.

Guilford, Vermont
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2011

We had a pleasant four-night/five-day stay at the Doubletree Inn at The Colonnade. Our room was spacious, our beds very comfortable, with large, flat-screened t.v., excellent wifi reception and windows which could be opened to the outside when we desired fresh air. An unexpected pleasure was the happy hour in the lobby with wine, cheese and crackers. The staff was very helpful staff. For us the hotel was conveniently located near the Johns Hopkins' conference center. The hotel restaurant served good food in a nice atmosphere with good service.
On the downside, there was no shuttle service to the airport, and the taxi ride was expensive. We also had trouble x2 with the key room cards; however, this was quickly resolved by the staff. Also, there were no towel racks in bathroom. Overall, though, a very pleasant stay, and we would return again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I hope your visit of JHU went well, and hope you will be a return guest! I think your comment about street parking is great to note, as there is complimentary parking on the street on the weekend. Please ensure times are followed as the City is diligent to fine cars and fines add up quickly. Please feel free to contact me directly at 410-554-7566 or at steve.nyitrai@hilton.com to discuss the front desk issue. Thanks again for your feedback.

NOLA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

We stayed at this hotel during a Johns Hopkins Homewood Campus visit. It is very convenient and nice. The Homewood/Charles Village/Hamden/Roland Park area of Baltimore is pleasant for walking and there are many shops and restaurants fairly nearby. If JHU is not in session or on a weekend, street parking is pretty easy, so it's not always necessary to pay this hotel's relatively exhorbitant parking fees (that and a somewhat surly front desk clerk were the only negatives).

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jamminedward
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

My husband and I stay at this hotel frequently and we noticed it has recently changed to a Hilton. However, you still get your warm cookies on check-in. We bought a Living Social "groupon" for our stay this time. We specifically asked for a non-smoking room and were assured that is what we were getting. The room itself had a non-smoking sign in it, however, the room reeked of smoke so badly that my husband had difficulty sleeping. This has happened to us once before, and the staff is usually willing to switch your room if they have the space. They didn't this time, as two wedding parties were staying there.

The beds are soft, which I enjoy but are a bit too soft for my husband.

The restaurant Alizee has a delicious breakfast and the Ambassador (Indian) restaurant, which is spectacular, is within walking distance, as is JHU campus.

Though our recent experience was unusual, we would recommend it.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank your for your response and so glad to have you back as a return guest! I must admit our Doubletree cookies are great especially as we serve them warm to every guest, YUM! I apologize about the smell of smoke in your room, we do our best to ensure a perfect product, but at times we stumble. Please accept my apology and we look forward to having you back as a guest soon, please contact me directly so I may upgrade your next room. Please check out our New Years Eve Party at www.bigmaskpartybaltimore.com for our great event.

Seattle, WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2011

Stayed here mid-August to help our daughter move into the dorms at Johns Hopkins. Arrived late (midnight-ish), quick check-in. Went to our room on the second floor--smelled VERY strongly of cigarette smoke, in the hallway & room. Asked to have our room changed, I'm sensitive to the smoke. The (I'm sure they don't call them bellhops anymore, but I don't know what they do call them) guy went down to get our new room key while we chilled for a sec & ate our cookies. Second room, on the third floor was better, but still seemed a little smoky. Otherwise room was fine, clean, lots of towels. Staff was always helpful & seemed cheery.

For those who didn't find restaurants nearby (besides the fast foodish, student type things)--there's a pretty good Italian restaurant on W 39th St, about a block away in an apartment building. Maybe a little dressy, but very friendly, and generous portions.

In retrospect I'm not sure if the cigarette smoke was due to previous patrons smoking in the room. The hallways always seemed a little smoky to me (but I'm pretty sensitive to it); I wonder if there's a heavy smoker in the condos/apts above, or if workers were smoking near the air vents somewhere.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family