“GREAT STAY!”

Doubletree Inn at The Colonnade
Ranked #24 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed August 21, 2011

Recently purchased and used a living social deal-great bargain.Never been to Baltimore,but enjoyed the hotel and fine staff .Front desk were extremely attentive.Food great in the hotel restraurant.Only problem was the coffeepot in room not working.Entire staff very pleasany,bed very comfortable-shower enjoyable.Pool times different than advertised,but no problem.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank foxchasePhila_pa
Write a ReviewReviews (1,099)

Reviewed August 19, 2011

This hotel is overpriced and does not give you any thing but space and a clean room. The inner part of the comforter on my bed had various color marker still on it as though a child had been coloring and missed the paper. Parking is listed at $20 per day for self park, but I was charged $24. When I questioned that, the person at the desk rudely snapped, "It's $20 before tax." As a Hilton Honors member, I will not stay here again!!!! Rude staff are not part of the Hilton requirements!

2  Thank Blackstone_Dan
Reviewed August 18, 2011

Great location to stay if you are visiting Johns Hopkins University. Beautiful clean property with excellent service from all the employees. Very nice rooms with granite countertops throughout the room. Beds were comfortable. This was a very nice Hilton property. The area around the hotel seemed very safe. We used public transit nearby to visit Baltimore Harbor. Bus fare was only $1.60, very reasonable and clean buses.

1  Thank thanse39
Reviewed August 15, 2011

My husband and I recently celebrated our first wedding anniversary and as a nice treat decided we wanted to get away for the night so we booked a hotel room! We weren't sure what to expect upon arrival, but what a wonderful experience it was for us, having valet take care of our car, and then as we checked-in we were greeted with a warm cookie (which was delicious!). Our room could not have been any nicer with a HUGE, plush king size bed and a beautiful view overlooking the courtyard. Everything about the room screamed luxury, and yes we were spoiled with the plush towels, tasty in-room coffee, flat panel tv, and enough room to suit anyone's needs. My husband and I had a wonderful experience at the hotel, thanks so much to the friendly staff. We highly recommend staying at this hotel - and we hope to be back before our next anniversary!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
snyitrai, General Manager at Doubletree Inn at The Colonnade, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2011

Thanks for the great feedback, I hope you allow us to make this an annual tradition. Next year the champagne is on me!

Reviewed August 10, 2011

We recently returned from a trip to Baltimore to visit family and stayed at the Doubletree Inn at the Colonnade. This was our fourth visit to the hotel and as usual we had a very nice stay. The beds are extremely comfortable and the staff are courteous and helpful. The weather was extremely hot and uncomfortable and we were happy to come back to our wonderfully cool room. The bathrooms are very clean and well maintained. This is not a brand new sparkling hotel, but is very well kept. The lobby is wonderful and there is a nice bar in the restaurant. There are probably other hotels that outshine this one, but for money and safe location it is a very good value. The pool is well maintained and there is a lifeguard on duty.

There is a Starbucks on the main level but the coffee is weak and not what you would expect from a Starbucks. Do go to the One World Cafe where you will get outstanding coffee drinks and vegetarian fare. They also have eggs and cheese products and wonderful pancakes, waffles and omelettes. Also in the area is Miss Shirley's, a tasty and fun breakfast and lunch restaurant, not cheap but delicious. Try going during the week to avoid the crowds.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for your comments, I will make sure they are shared with housekeeping, they take great pride in the hotel! Thanks again for choosing us for your trip to Baltimore.

Reviewed August 5, 2011

This place is average but it is pretty much the only choice for people visiting The Homewood Campus of Johns Hopkins University. It is a standard Doubletree but there were some small problems.

The rooms are on the second and third floors of this eleven story building. The condominum portion has a seperate entrance and elevators. The rooms had blackout curtains and nice beds. There were no outside sounds but the sounds from the refrigerator and the ventilation system were extremely loud. Plus the air conditioning blew right on the beds and I got a terrible cold in July.

I asked for foam pillows and they just gave me extra feather pillows.

The staff are very nice. The lifeguarded pool was open for a few hours twice a day. The gym was always accessible with a room key. The restaurant served a full breakfast and dinner. It was mildly expensive. 10-13 dollars for breakfast and 15 to 30 dollars for dinner. It was average to good.

There is an excellent restaurant "La Famiglia" which is one block north and west of the hotel. A two minute walk. It is excellent. 105 W 39th St. There is "One World Cafe" which is one block west on University Avenue. The hotel also has a stand alone coffee shop.

My main gripe was that self-parking cost 20 dollars a day. But then you also had to pay the garage fees. I had never been to a hotel that did this before. Usually you either payed the garage fees or paid the self parking and used the room key for entry and exit. In my opinion the choice should have been either valet parking (which was 24 dollars a day) or just to pay for it independently without a self-parking charge.

The next time that I go to Homewood Campus, I will still stay here but I will not be eagerly looking forward to it.

Safety. Baltimore can be dangerous but this place is extremely safe. There is no problem walking around the hotel, the campus or the area two blocks east of the campus (Saint Paul Street).

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank jpradonc

Thank you for your comments, I hope you do return back to us. I wanted to offer a few choices for parking the next time you are in town:

street parking is available in the evening at no charge, however you must feed the meter after 7am.

there is parking available about 2 blocks away in the residential neighborhood.

we have a zip car rental only 1 block away if you need a car for short trips.

I hope this helps with options for your next stay.

Reviewed August 5, 2011

We stayed for 2 nights to visit Johns Hopkins and see Baltimore. The location is great for JH. I wanted to get a coffee on Friday morning before 8am, but the coffee shop in the hotel was not open yet. None of the cafes nearby were open either and we didn't have time for a full breakfast in the hotel restaurant. We did have a delicious lunch at the hotel. The portions were generous and the salads, soup, burger, and sandwich were all very tasty.

The room was good, with excellent air conditioning which we appreciated since it was 100 degrees outside. The sheets and pillows were high quality and the mattress was comfortable (not too hard). We didn't have any problems with noise, but you can hear your neighbors more easily than I would expect for a hotel of this quality. It is nice that the ice and vending machines are located at the elevators and the hallways both have turns before any of the guest rooms. This helps reduce the noise from the machines reaching the rooms.

We checked in late (11pm) and did not receive any cookies. My favorite amenity is the free wireless.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family