“Our great experience at this hotel started the minute we arrived.”

Doubletree Inn at The Colonnade
Ranked #26 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Princeton, New Jersey
“Our great experience at this hotel started the minute we arrived.”
Reviewed April 25, 2011

My daughter and I were visiting a friend at Johns Hopkins University and wanted a hotel that was close. This hotel is close,but that's not the only reason to stay there. The staff is UNBELIEVABLE!! Friendly, efficient, knowledgeable about the area and directions(to the degree that the valet told me to call her if I got lost on the way home!). Upon check in you are given a "warm from the oven" chocolate chip cookie that is heavenly-nice touch.The room was pleasant and larger than I expected, and while the walls are a little thin, it was comfortable. The gym is nicer than most - good and new equipment all set in a room with lots of light pouring in. The biggest surprise was the restaurant. The service was again, great, but the food - gourmet - really. We look forward to more visits and next time - we'll ask for more cookies!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank thevisitor1958
snyitrai, General Manager at Doubletree Inn at The Colonnade, responded to this review, May 3, 2011
Just wanted to thank you for your recent stay here at the Colonnade! I must admit the warm Doubletree cookies are to die for. So glad you were able to experience our warm Doubletree by Hilton hospitality and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Steve

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Korean first
Salt Lake City Utah, USA
Reviewed March 24, 2011

My stay at the Inn at the Colonnade was exceptional. It was a great location to John Hopkins University (viritually across the street) with convenient shuttle to John Hopkins Hospital and School of Medicine. Hotel restaurant was great....the best crabcakes ever!!!!! The Sunday brunch was delightful. There are great local restaurants within walking distance in the Homewood area. The Super Shuttle to and from and BWI was convenient are was a great price. Taxis are immediately available as well. When I return in a month, this is my first choice!!!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank bharrie
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed March 21, 2011

This was one of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed in, for the price. The rate was reasonable but the accommodations were four star. Very clean, outstanding service, the valet was not only quick and friendly but honest - he returned an extra $10 tip that I accidentally gave him. I'll stay there every time I go to Baltimore.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank KevinMooney
houston
Reviewed March 21, 2011

Not only is the hotel friendly, accommodating, clean and as close as you can get to Johns Hopkins, they saved my iPad!
I had left my ipad in the business center and only realized it after I was half way back to the airport. I phoned the front desk and the woman on duty I wish I had her name, asked me to call back in a few minutes while she went to search for my ipad. I called back and in fact she had located the ipad, brought it to the front desk and was prepared to get it to me in any manner I requested. I asked that they wrap the ipad in newspaper to protect it and to put it in a Fed EX cardboard box.
I received the ipad the next morning!

The next morning, I received my ipad, good as new, wrapped up in newspaper at my next hotel. Mr. Joshua Watkins had completed the Fed Ex airbill.

Please send my thank you for the wonderful customer service that was provided to me...your staff made me feel very relieved to know my expensive belongings were in safe and competent hands.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed March 21, 2011

We hosted a dinner for about 2 dozen guests at the Inn at the Colonnade; every aspect of the service was excellent and courteous. Wayne Hooper of the sales office was especially helpful getting things arranged for us.

Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed March 12, 2011

Nice hotel, especially for a conference or meeting. We had a good experience overall - clean, great location, friendly staff. At the end of the conference we had dinner at Alizee restaurant. (About 30 of us with a prix fixe menu.)

Unfortunately, the food was overcooked, no flavor, and we waited 90 minutes for the food. (Not exaggerating, wish I were.) Since some people had to leave to catch early flights, they returned to their rooms around 9:30pm and we (the university hosting this conference) had to pay for their prepaid meals. Since we meet once a year, this was unfortunate and left it on an uncomfortable note with these international guests.

In the future, we'll stay there because of the location, but go elsewhere for the end of the conference dinner.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank LMD24
snyitrai, General Manager at Doubletree Inn at The Colonnade, responded to this review, March 14, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to respond to your stay in December, I am so glad you had such a wonderful experience in our hotel. I am very dissappointed that you did experience some issues in our restaurant. I would love to discuss further with you, if you would be so kind to contact me at steve.nyitrai@hilton.com I would appreciate it. Thank you.

Steve
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed February 14, 2011

Wayne Hooper and the other staff helped us every step of the way as we planned our week-long conference. Then they made our week-long stay a dream! They delivered on every promise they made and then some. We could not have been happier.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business