“I'd stay here again in a heartbeat”

Doubletree Inn at The Colonnade
Ranked #28 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed March 21, 2011

Not only is the hotel friendly, accommodating, clean and as close as you can get to Johns Hopkins, they saved my iPad!
I had left my ipad in the business center and only realized it after I was half way back to the airport. I phoned the front desk and the woman on duty I wish I had her name, asked me to call back in a few minutes while she went to search for my ipad. I called back and in fact she had located the ipad, brought it to the front desk and was prepared to get it to me in any manner I requested. I asked that they wrap the ipad in newspaper to protect it and to put it in a Fed EX cardboard box.
I received the ipad the next morning!

The next morning, I received my ipad, good as new, wrapped up in newspaper at my next hotel. Mr. Joshua Watkins had completed the Fed Ex airbill.

Please send my thank you for the wonderful customer service that was provided to me...your staff made me feel very relieved to know my expensive belongings were in safe and competent hands.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed March 21, 2011

We hosted a dinner for about 2 dozen guests at the Inn at the Colonnade; every aspect of the service was excellent and courteous. Wayne Hooper of the sales office was especially helpful getting things arranged for us.

Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 12, 2011

Nice hotel, especially for a conference or meeting. We had a good experience overall - clean, great location, friendly staff. At the end of the conference we had dinner at Alizee restaurant. (About 30 of us with a prix fixe menu.)

Unfortunately, the food was overcooked, no flavor, and we waited 90 minutes for the food. (Not exaggerating, wish I were.) Since some people had to leave to catch early flights, they returned to their rooms around 9:30pm and we (the university hosting this conference) had to pay for their prepaid meals. Since we meet once a year, this was unfortunate and left it on an uncomfortable note with these international guests.

In the future, we'll stay there because of the location, but go elsewhere for the end of the conference dinner.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank LMD24
snyitrai, General Manager at Doubletree Inn at The Colonnade, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to respond to your stay in December, I am so glad you had such a wonderful experience in our hotel. I am very dissappointed that you did experience some issues in our restaurant. I would love to discuss further with you, if you would be so kind to contact me at steve.nyitrai@hilton.com I would appreciate it. Thank you.

Steve

Reviewed February 14, 2011

Wayne Hooper and the other staff helped us every step of the way as we planned our week-long conference. Then they made our week-long stay a dream! They delivered on every promise they made and then some. We could not have been happier.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 11, 2011

Went there last week for a business conference. Although I'm from Baltimore..I had never been. It's a bit off the beaten path up near JHU but quite a nice modern, elegant hotel. Service was VERY good for the 1 night that I stayed. Enjoyed the bar. Overall high scores but a distance to the harbor for visitors to Baltimore.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 9, 2011

I met her my first night here, on SuperBowl evening with 2 colleagues. I went in to the restaurant 2 days later, and she greeted me by name and also remembered the names of my 2 colleagues! She is ALWAYS smiling! It was extremely refreshing to be remembered and I felt appreciated as a client. She is a fantastic asset to your organization! Please give her a raise :)

Also, she stuck her hand over the bar and introduced herself. Nice approach.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 3, 2011

We recenly had our company party at the Colonnade and everyone had a great time! The staff was attentive and polite and the food was delicious. Every stage of the planning process was made easy by the wonderful manager and the day of execution exceeded our expectations.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
snyitrai, General Manager at Doubletree Inn at The Colonnade, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2011

It was our pleasure to host your event, we look forward to hosting more of your functions. Thanks again!

Steve