“Truly Horrible Hotel” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #21 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
New York
“Truly Horrible Hotel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2010

I am not one of those people who trashes things online for fun. That being said, stay away from this place. Long lines at check-in and check-out, plus while you are being taken care of at the counter they leave you hanging while they talk on the phone. It's rundown.

And, it gets better: first, after a long wait to check in, they give me a room that's occupied. So, downstairs I have to go, back on the line for another long wait. Then the room the give me, at 11:30 pm, one of the hotel staff members starts banging on my door, asking who is in the room, and when I won't open the door, demands that I call the front desk to confirm who is actually staying in the room--meaning my name.

Like that?

The next day on check out, they tell me they had my name in the computer for another room entirely.

And, all I got for all this was an apology. No offer to reduce costs or provide full refund which is what was warranted.

Stay away from the place.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Korean first
Hilton Head, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2010

We stayed here for one night in order to visit Inner Harbor and Camden Yards with our teens. We were able to get 2 rooms near each other on a lower floor as requested. Yes, the rooms are narrow and a little dated, with tube TVs and older bathrooms. But the beds were comfortable, the air controls were great and the rooms were well insulated from each other. I'm a light sleeper with allergies to mold mildew and mites. I fared much better at this hotel property than at higher priced chains. Parking was $20/day and conveniently located next to the hotel. The lobby area is very pleasant, with leather seating and a large flat screen TV. There is a nice coffee shop with muffins, etc in the lobby as well as a full service restaurant adjacent to the hotel. The elevators were fine and the staff were courteous and visible. Due to the small size of the rooms, I wouldn't stay here more than a few nights, but for a short stay, this is a great alternative.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank jeannemag2016
maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2010

The Days Inn in the Inner Harbor is a fantastic hotel! We stayed here over a very, very busy weekend and the Associates ran things smoothly and showed great examples of Customer Services. Everything and check-in and check-out ran smoothly, which in my opinion can make or break an experience.

The Hotel is very conveniently located to the Converntion Center, Camden Yards and many other Inner Harbor attractions. The hotel has an outdoor pool, plently of parking and many other amenities. The rooms are well kept and very clean.

We very much enjoyed our stay and will return!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Springfield, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2010

This was our first time staying in this property. Excellent location, a 2 minute walk to Camden Yards and a 10 minute walk to Inner Harbor. The rooms were clean, the bed very comfortable, first time in a long time didn't get up with a backache like I normally do from other properties. Hotel staff more than accomodating to your needs. Pool area was great, if a little small, restaurant was good but closed at 10PM, a little early in my opinion, ball games don't get out til at least that time but found a great place to eat right on the corner from hotel called Olivers. Great time, great location will stay there from now on when we go to Baltimore.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2010

From Check in to Check out everyone at the hotel offered first class service with a friendly smile! For what is known as a budget hotel chain this is by far and away the best option near the Inner Harbor. Spotlessly clean, friendly staff, decent size rooms, and an ideal location, all at an affordable price! Perfect!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2010

This hotel fraudulently charged my credit card while I stayed there at the end of December.

I stayed there in the end of December for two days. How I came to discover the hotel was that I found their offered rate on an online hotels website. Initially they refused the lower rate, but eventually they allowed it. I stayed two nights and received a receipt.

Approximately a month later, I received a credit card statement that informed me that I stayed there two nights at a lower rate, and a third night at a higher rate (I only had stayed two nights). I attempted to contact the phone number for this hotel for billing issues (approximately 6 times over the course of 2 weeks) but I kept on getting a voicemail to leave a message. No one ever returned my phone call. Additionally, they did not return my e-mail about my dispute ([--] was the e-mail).

I contacted my credit card company to file a complaint, and apparently the hotel responded by sending the credit card company a copy of a sales slip. Therefore, they essentially falsified that I stayed there for an extra night on a Monday, when I was actually working in New York City on that following weekday (I am a hospital employee).

People may seem nice and friendly, but do not let their facade fool you. I really dislike people who are fake and try to take advantage of you and swindlers. I am not sure if they treat everyone this way, or if they are simply racist, because I am Asian.

Therefore I highly advise people not to go to this hotel, perhaps until they change their staff to be composed of more honest people. Nothing annoys me more than businessmen who have deceptive practices. And pay attention to your credit card statements!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
DIIHmgr, General Manager at Days Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, April 16, 2010
Dear YLDA,
I just finished reading your commentary on how you were treated by the hotel after you checked out. I am truely sorry that you had that experience! We strive to offer fantastic guest service before, during and after your stay, and it's obvious we fell short of that pledge. I can understand how you felt that we fraudulently handled your credit card information, but I can assure you it was just a mistake on our part - that was magnified immensely due to our failure to respond to your calls and emails. If you would be so kind as to call the hotel directly (410) 576-1000 and ask for the General Manager at extention 2200, I will be happy to make this right. I am really sorry that we disappointed you and look forward to hearing from you!

Dennis R. Dietz
new jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2010

We stayed at the Days Inn Inner Harbor last weekend for a volleyball tournament at the Baltimore Convention Center. The best thing I can say about this hotel is that it was close to where we needed to be. This was definitely no three star hotel. First of all, the beds were the most uncomfortable beds I have tried to sleep on and this was the consensus of all the parents of our club who stayed there. Everyone was walking around complaining of lower back pains all weekend. I did not sleep well either night I was there.

The elevators took forever! My daughter's team was late for warmups because they had to wait so long for the elevator. The rooms were teeny tiny. I think next year I will try another hotel close to the convention center. Definitely not worth the money!!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family