Days Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor
Ranked #17 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed April 12, 2010

From Check in to Check out everyone at the hotel offered first class service with a friendly smile! For what is known as a budget hotel chain this is by far and away the best option near the Inner Harbor. Spotlessly clean, friendly staff, decent size rooms, and an ideal location, all at an affordable price! Perfect!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,645)

Reviewed April 10, 2010

This hotel fraudulently charged my credit card while I stayed there at the end of December.

I stayed there in the end of December for two days. How I came to discover the hotel was that I found their offered rate on an online hotels website. Initially they refused the lower rate, but eventually they allowed it. I stayed two nights and received a receipt.

Approximately a month later, I received a credit card statement that informed me that I stayed there two nights at a lower rate, and a third night at a higher rate (I only had stayed two nights). I attempted to contact the phone number for this hotel for billing issues (approximately 6 times over the course of 2 weeks) but I kept on getting a voicemail to leave a message. No one ever returned my phone call. Additionally, they did not return my e-mail about my dispute ([--] was the e-mail).

I contacted my credit card company to file a complaint, and apparently the hotel responded by sending the credit card company a copy of a sales slip. Therefore, they essentially falsified that I stayed there for an extra night on a Monday, when I was actually working in New York City on that following weekday (I am a hospital employee).

People may seem nice and friendly, but do not let their facade fool you. I really dislike people who are fake and try to take advantage of you and swindlers. I am not sure if they treat everyone this way, or if they are simply racist, because I am Asian.

Therefore I highly advise people not to go to this hotel, perhaps until they change their staff to be composed of more honest people. Nothing annoys me more than businessmen who have deceptive practices. And pay attention to your credit card statements!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
DIIHmgr, General Manager at Days Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2010

Dear YLDA,
I just finished reading your commentary on how you were treated by the hotel after you checked out. I am truely sorry that you had that experience! We strive to offer fantastic guest service before, during and after your stay, and it's obvious we fell short of that pledge. I can understand how you felt that we fraudulently handled your credit card information, but I can assure you it was just a mistake on our part - that was magnified immensely due to our failure to respond to your calls and emails. If you would be so kind as to call the hotel directly (410) 576-1000 and ask for the General Manager at extention 2200, I will be happy to make this right. I am really sorry that we disappointed you and look forward to hearing from you!

Dennis R. Dietz

Reviewed April 5, 2010

We stayed at the Days Inn Inner Harbor last weekend for a volleyball tournament at the Baltimore Convention Center. The best thing I can say about this hotel is that it was close to where we needed to be. This was definitely no three star hotel. First of all, the beds were the most uncomfortable beds I have tried to sleep on and this was the consensus of all the parents of our club who stayed there. Everyone was walking around complaining of lower back pains all weekend. I did not sleep well either night I was there.

The elevators took forever! My daughter's team was late for warmups because they had to wait so long for the elevator. The rooms were teeny tiny. I think next year I will try another hotel close to the convention center. Definitely not worth the money!!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 30, 2010

Everything about the place speaks of class. Not high-priced class, but friendly, helpful, and comfortable class. Prices are very competitive, and everything we wanted to see was within easy walking distance. And the hotel staff could not have been more friendly and helpful. As you visit the Inner Harbor attractions, be sure to take advantage of the new Charm City Circulator bus routes--free rides that pass very close to the hotel and the Inner Harbor.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 28, 2010

What a wonderful hotel! Only a few stories high, decorated nicely, and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Every room has a microwave and a refrigerator, along with an easy-to-use safe. My conference was a few blocks away ($5 cab ride), but the Days Inn was half the price! I highly recommend this hotel, and I plan on using it again in the future.

Reviewed March 20, 2010

The hotel was great, rooms were fine for sleeping. You dont go away and spend the day inside. Close to all attractions nearby, the 1st mariner arena is next door, Baltimore convention center 1 block away, and inner harbor walking distance to all shops, bars restuarants. Hotel staff was friendly and courtious. Hopkins Bar and Grill inside the hotel was great. Reasonably priced, and The bartender was a trip! Ask for Dave he will serve drinks with a smile and a joke. Great bartender, guaranteed to have a good time.

Reviewed March 18, 2010

Clean, comfortable room. Stay was booked for me by corporate but I was pleasantly surprised. Perfect location directly across street from Baltimore Convention Center. Just a short walk to the shops and entertainment of the Inner Harbor area. And only a mile or so walk to Little Italy (love that Italian food!).

Considering that it is right in the middle of town, it can be a little noisy at times (sirens, dumpsters dumping, etc.), but you get that in any large city (I wear earplugs for sleeping anyway). The rooms could stand to be upgraded, I suppose, but they're spacious and clean.

You do have to pay for coffee downstairs but it's excellent (Seattle's Best) but at least the internet is free - and it works.

The staff is very friendly, too - especially Jaime at the front desk!