“Excellent Value at Days Inn”

Days Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor
Ranked #20 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Pennsylvania
“Excellent Value at Days Inn”
Reviewed September 1, 2009

Stayed at the Days Inn at Inner Harbor in August. I had called ahead and asked for a room in a "quiet section - away from the elevator and the ice/vending machines". Arrived early - 12:30 and thought we would at least fill out paperwork. Was surprised that the room was ready. (It was a Thursday so that might be why). We were put on the 9th floor away from the elevator and machines and facing Hopkins Place (main entrance). We faced buildings across the street and did hear the occasional ambulance and fire sirens but I think because we were on the upper floor, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.
The room was spotless and looked relatively new. The carpet and furniture were in excellent shape. The room was very hot and we turned on the air. I was nervous that it might not be working so called and asked for maintenance to check it out. Within minutes a maintenance man arrived, checked it over and reassured me it was a new unit and the room would cool off. He waited to make sure it went through a cycle. He was polite and friendly. We left to go to the harbor and when we returned the room was very cool. I called for a roll away and it was delivered. Called down to ask for pillows and an extra blanket and they were delivered within an hour. (blanket was new and in plastic wrapping) The room had 2 beds and getting the roll away did make it cramped. We put the rollaway next to the bed and the window. (and had to put a pillow against part of the air conditioning unit so my niece would not get too cold) She said the roll away was comfortable.
The staff are extremely polite, and friendly. I found the front desk staff were efficient, and the general staff were very nice. The beds were comfortable and the room was cleaned well each of the days we stayed (3 nights). The bathroom was small and the sink is outside. The lighting is not great for putting on your makeup so I used the desk as a vanity and the light there was great. The room has a coffee maker, microwave and refrigerator. All worked well. The room was done in forest greens, beige and brown. Not bright colors but attractive. The halls were done in a cream and green and very well lit. There is a small take out area with coffee and snacks to purchase (including small bottles of wine and beer) by the front desk area. We did eat in the hotel on Sunday and had the buffett. The server was very attentive. The kids buffett was $4.99, adults was alittle over $12. It was a deal for the kids but in hindsight I would have ordered off the menu but I was in a hurry and didn't want to wait. Buffet included eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes,muffins, toast, cereal. Buffet also includes coffee, juice.
The pool (outside) is staffed by a lifeguard but is only open to 8. It is small but was ok for our purposes.
Parking is adjacent to the hotel and is $20 a day. You need to take your ticket to the front desk and they process it so you can have in and out priviledges. Final charges go on your credit card unless you make other arrangements. The garage is not owned by the hotel but was clean, and well lit.
There is a safe in the room and there is a $1 a day charge for it. Well worth the piece of mind.
We enjoyed our stay and I would definately return there when going to the harbor.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank PAlovestotravel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Korean first
NH
Reviewed August 29, 2009

We booked our rooms through Expedia for approx. $80/night. We were very happy with the rooms, location was great since we were in town for Inner Harbor and Orioles game and general sight seeing. Breakfast buffet was very good but limited.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
New Jersey
Reviewed August 17, 2009

I booked two rooms here through Expedia for around $90 per room per night for a Saturday to see an O's game with friends and do a little Baltimore sight seeing. Check in was very smooth, even though there were a decent number of people checking in when we arrived. Parking was very easy in the garage behind the hotel, and $20 to park to me seems reasonable for a garage in a city. Our rooms were very clean and comfy, though the bathrooms are very small. The rooms overlooked the pool (which is small but looked very clean), so it was nice and quiet at night. The beds were comfortable and room was big enough for 2 people, though it might be cramped with more. The hotel is a few blocks from the Inner Harbor and Camden Yards, which is a GREAT location. The area seemed very safe and well lit. Overall, this hotel is an average hotel...the staff is fine, the location is fine, the rooms are fine. If you are staying in Baltimore for one or two nights and are not looking for luxury, this place is perfect for you. I'd definitely stay here again for a return trip to Baltimore.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Sterling, VA
Reviewed July 31, 2009

I live about an hour away, but my wife and I got a room here to avoid any drinking and driving, without breaking the bank, after attending the Chelsea vs AC Milan game at M&T Field on Friday night. For that purpose, the hotel was perfect. The location could not have been much better to get to the stadium and entertainment on Pratt Street. Also when leaving town, there is not an easier place in the city to get going south bound on 95 (or 295 or 97). Finally, the cost of $150 beat most of the other hotels in the Inner Harbor by half. That is where any convenience ends.

Our overnight plans fell through late Thursday so we scrambled Thursday night to find a room. I did a basic Inner Harbor search by cost and came up with the Days Inn as one of the least expensive. I called the Days Inn and was told they they were booked before I could finish asking the question about availability. I called all the other hotels in the area up to $200 and was told more politely they all were booked. I went to sleep contemplating my options. When I woke my wife wanted to give it a try so she took my list and was going to call them all again. The first one she called was Days Inn, and we got a room.

Checking in was fine but we found out parking was not included and would cost $20 a night. This wasn't shocking, but it would have been nice to be told when you booked. The whole building feels old. Carpet, wallpaper, furniture... all just gave me the feeling that the place probably has mold issues. Also, they have two elevators for 10 or so floors that had us waiting and waiting and waiting. Also, we got rejected when we called down at 10:30am to see if we could extend check-out until noon.

Overall, the place was a place where we could sleep from 4am to 11pm. Besides that, the staff was not friendly, the place made me want to sleep with an extra layer of clothes on, and I wouldn't want to stay here again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
pennsylvania
Reviewed May 30, 2009

I stay here with my sons, and we had no problems. We parked the car and walked everywhere! Very convenient (and safe) walk to the Inner Harbor. It would be nice to have a free continential breakfast and slash the parking fee. I will definately stay again.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
Naugatuck, Connecticut
Reviewed May 24, 2009

Stayed at the Days Inn Inner Harbor May 8-9. Was in town for the Yanks O's Game Friday and Saturday. The hotel was easy to get to. Check in was easy and quick even though the place was fully booked with the Yanks in town. Staff was friendly and courteous. Room was pretty standard, with microwave and small fridge. Also some tourist/travel brochures with maps and attractions which I found helpful having never been to Baltimore. Stayed on the second floor near the corner of the building. The bar next door plays very loud music until early in the morning that you can clearly hear in the room. This didn't bother me, but I could see how it might bother some people. The room seemed clean, the only complaint was a faint smell of moth balls. The elevator seemed a little slow, but being on the second floor I just used the stairs. The location was great. About half way between Oriole Park and the Inner Harbor or a 5 min walk to both. The prices compared to the hotels that are actually in the Inner Harbor are unbeatable and wortth the 5 min walk. Parking was $20 a day at the garage next door. I didn't have any problems but saw in another review that a hotel guests car was broken into. I did see the police investigating a break in in the garage after checking out. However, this isn't the hotels fault, things like that happen in all major cities. Use common sense and don't leave anything valuable in your car! I would defintely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Freehold, New Jersey
Reviewed May 10, 2009

We were in town to see the May 9 baseball game (O's vs Yankees) and spent the night at the Days Inn-Inner Harbor.
Let me start by saying the hotel was booked solid. Most hotels are on the weekends when the Yankees are in town. The lobby was packed at check in but the line moved fast and the staff was efficient and friendly.
After reading prior posts I requested a room on the opposite side of the parking garage. Great suggestion.
Room was nice spacious and quiet. Fridge, micowave oven, pod coffee maker, complimentary bottle of spring water, microwave popcorn and a granola bar was a nice touch.
Car was parked in the attached garage at 20.00 a day. Seemed secure.
After checking out this morning we got to the car and found the window smashed and small things like cds and toll money taken. I sent my daughter to get the hotel manager not realizing at the time that the parking facility is not affiliated with the hotel.
The hotel manager, William Heitzer, was a true professional and I am sending a letter to the general manager tomorrow to let know know of my experience.
Again, let me emplasize that the hotel is NOT affiliated with the attached parking garage. William went above and beyond to help with everything. He called the police and the garage clerk, offered us a complimentary breakfast while we waited for the police. After the police left he went with me to submit my incident report to the garage clerk, refunded my parking fee and had a nice gentleman from maintnence vacume the glass and tape plastic onto my window.
Wow. True customer service.
Will I stay here again?....absolutely
Will I park in the garage again....most likely...but with a lesson learned....keep nothing in the car (they even took the pennies that i had!) and put a sign on the window letting the bad guys know not to waste their time with this car....its empty.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family