“Great reception, rooms a little dated”

Days Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor
Ranked #21 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Los Angeles, California, United States
“Great reception, rooms a little dated”
Reviewed December 24, 2013

I stayed overnight, one night. The concierge was very welcoming and extremely friendly and accommodating and I appreciated that. The room I got was itself a little dated--the walls were an odd greenish color and the old rough plaster look with popcorn ceilings. The lighting in the bathroom was dull. A very peculiar feature was the washbasin in the room itself--separate from the toilet and bath. In a way that might be good--someone can wash their hands without barging into the bathroom, but still, it's very strange, nothing I've seen in other hotels.

I don't like to give a review that might turn away potential customers that would be perfectly comfortable there, so I'll say I didn't find it TERRIBLE, but personally I wouldn't have felt comfortable if I had to stay more than one night. It's just one of those things you can "feel" even if you can't quite describe it.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
DIIHmgr, General Manager at Days Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Dear Kwei Quartey,

I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate all feedback from our guests; we use it to make improvements so that future stay for you and everyone else may be more comfortable and enjoyable.

In reviewing your comments I noticed that your concerns were regarding your room. Our goal is to provide excellent guest service, as a good night's rest, and we failed to achieve those goals with you. For that, I would like to convey my sincerest apologies.

It is our express hope that the next time you’re in the area, you will give us another opportunity so that we my show you all our new updates.

Days Inn Inner Harbor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Korean first
Stoney Creek, Canada
Reviewed December 19, 2013

We booked through Expedia and got a great rate for this hotel. The service is great, the front desk lady was multitasking so well that I stood in awe of her. Check in was fast and courteous. The bell people were so friendly. Rooms are very clean and have everything you want. We ate at the restaurant for dinner and breakfast and both meals were great and a good price we can't say enough about the waitstaff, very friendly and efficient. The breakfast buffet is your best bet, plenty of variety. It was nice to have free internet! There is a small store in the hotel that has chips etc but it's closed a lot; you can still buy chips at the front desk though. Coffee in the room wasn't good. There are good vending machines in the hotel. There is a store about three blocks away that sells good coffee as well as a CVS pharmacy three blocks away. I have stayed at Sheratons that are not as good as this hotel. The outdoor pool looked so nice, alas it was winter but I will definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
DIIHmgr, General Manager at Days Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear Dian S.

I would like to thank you for sharing your experience during your stay with us. We strive for complete guest satisfaction, and we are pleased to hear that you felt all your needs were met.

Thank you again for your positive feedback, and I hope that the next time you're in the area we will once again have the privilege to serve all of your needs.

Leuven, Belgium
Reviewed December 6, 2013

this is a great bargain place to stay when one has a conference at the convention center: location wise - it is just across the street; while they do not offer free breakfast, they sell some at the counter; most importantly: free wifi and free use of business center where you can use a computer, print things and photocopy..just what one really needs..bonus? stone's throw from inner harbor!

Room Tip: right now, it is best to choose the ground to the third floor..they are upgrading the elevators and...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
DIIHmgr, General Manager at Days Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear MSi1012V13,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your stay with us. We appreciate all feedback, and I'm glad to hear that your stay with us was as pleasant one.

Again, thank you for your patronage, and we look forward to serving you the next time your schedule brings you to the area.