“Excellent location, friendly staff, great room rates”

Days Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor
Ranked #19 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I agree with many of the reviews expressing a terrific location for the Inner harbor and the very helpful staff. The room rates were far lower compared to nearby hotels and the parking, which is located in a deck adjacent to the hotel was $22.00 per night; again, lower compared to nearby hotels. The hotel has been renovated so all the rooms have new carpet, furniture and the bed was pretty comfortable. I had a room on the top floor (9th) but was a bit damp/musty smelling, the air conditioning is not central air but one of those standard floor units under the window. I do not mind these because it provides some background noise while sleeping. The hotel is in the city so you will hear emergency vehicles but I did not hear any major traffic noise, occasional noise in the corridor. Free wifi was great.
I tried the restaurant downstairs and it was fine for basic bar food. The little coffee shop near the front desk served usual muffins and coffees. Overall a good experience.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor

Reviewed September 11, 2011

... at another hotel, definitely check out the Days Inn Inner Harbor. The location was great. within walking distance of the Inner Harbor, Camden Yards and the Power Plant area. I felt the area to be safe. The staff was great...friendly, informative and helpful. Thank you for the ease of check-in! The pool area was small but had room for lounge chairs. It was located outside between the parking area and hotel. Unfortunatley, it was raining and we weren't able to use it. Our room was very clean as was the bathroom (with plenty of towels) - thank you housekeeping. We had a coffee maker, frig, and micro. The beds were very comfortable. The hotel itself had a small lounge (with cold beer) and a restaurant. Parking was additional (minimal charge, especially for the cost of the room) with in and out privileges. Since it rained, we used our car to drive to Fells Point - what a great area!! Went to the Fieldhouse (which advertised as a Penn State/ Steelers Bar but saw no signs of either) . Enjoyed our time at Ale Marys and also Kislings, which had an awesome crab cake special and beer prices for happy hour. Also ate at Miss Shirleys. (I highly recommend both places). We plan on coming to Baltimore again and will definely stay at the Days Inn Inner Harbor! Thanks for making our stay enjoyable.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 9, 2011

My family was at the Inaugural Grand Prix race in Baltimore and stayed at the Days Inn. It was the perfect location and the staff was wonderful. They offered help and assistance with directions and ideas. Someone even thought to provide a basket of ear plugs for the guests. I was really impressed with the employees genuine pleasant personalities.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2011

We, a family of 4, stayed 5 days and 4 nights. We had breakfast in the hotel, not included with the room but very reasonably priced, every day. We also had problems with our safe and shower head, but once we called the front desk, everything was fixed quickly and the staff were amazing. Parking is attached to the hotel, but not included in the room, with in and out privileges. We parked the car when we arrived and did not move it until we left. We visited the science center and the aquarium as well as having a weekend function at the Baltimore convention center. Everything was within walking distance and I think the Days Inn was the closest hotel to the convention center. The room was your standard room with two double beds, microwave, fridge, safe and iron and hairdyer. The pool is outside, between the hotel and parking garage and was a little cloudy, but our son went in everyday and had a blast.
We found the Days Inn to be the best value for our money and would stay there again when in town.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed August 29, 2011

I cannot begin to describe how wonderful the staff of the Days Inn Inner Harbor was to me and my family. We were vacationing in Ocean City, MD, when our father was seriously injured in a beach accident. He was life-flighted to the University of Maryland Medical Center, and spent 5 days in the shock trauma ICU. Looking for a place to stay in Baltimore, I contacted this Days Inn. The staff was very understanding of our situation, and quickly offered us a room for the University of Maryland discounted rate.
Looking back on our 5 day stay at the Days Inn Inner Harbor, we could not think of one thing to complain about. The hotel, itself, was very clean and neat, and the staff was extraordinary. From the workers at the front desk, to the security team, to the custodians, we never experienced any negativity in the attitudes of the staff. Each smiled, asked us if we were enjoying our stay, and ended the conversation by telling us to “have a wonderful day.” They also had a genuine concern for the health of our father.
When visiting Baltimore in the future, there is no doubt as to where I will stay. The Days Inn Inner Harbor was a wonderful experience during a frightening time. My family is truly appreciative of all that this wonderful staff did for us. Tank you, one million times over!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Kenneth D
Reviewed August 25, 2011

Thanks to Katherine Bent and crew, our family and friends had a great stay at the days Inn for my daughter's wedding. Not only did they accommodate us with early check ins, but arrangements were made for the bar to stay open, with drink specialist, after our return from the reception at midnight. Rooms were clean, and were in close proximity to one another making it even more fun!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2011

I stayed in a Days Inn this past weekend and the rooms were very affordable and the customer service was very impressive. I dealt with Gerald at the front desk when checking in and found him to be extremely helpful, professional, and took pride in his work. Everything went well and all of his suggestions in regards to parking were perfect. I checked out the next day and Tavon was very courteous as well and was also very helpful. I wasn't looking for an extravagant place to stay at since I would only be in the room a couple hours but this was the perfect place to go to for what I was looking for. I will say the High Speed Internet was not very High Speed, however I will most definitely come back and stay there the next time I am in Baltimore.

Room Tip: Plan ahead!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business