Brookshire Suites Inner Harbor, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #21 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

Really enjoy the Brookshire. The location is ideal for visiting downtown Baltimore. Right down the block from the harbor, 10 minute walk to Oriole Park. Can get to anywhere from here. The room was clean and was a great size. Considering the area, I was expecting a small room. And most importantly the price was awesome. I would say stay here, if you plan on visiting Baltimore.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Robert A
Jason C, General Manager at Brookshire Suites Inner Harbor, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Thank you for your review of Brookshire Suites Baltimore. I really appreciate your feedback.

I am glad you had an enjoyable visit. While we don't offer all the bells and whistles that some of the other pricey hotels might, we will provide you with the best Baltimore experience of any downtown hotel. Close and convenient to everything.

Thanks for your review and your business. I hope to meet you again on your next visit to Baltimore.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

The hotel is small and older but offers a great location for the price. Limited amenities so not much to do once you are in but so close to the harbor. The room was comfortable and clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. On my own I would return to the hotel but with the family, I would choose a larger hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank TravelerMom703
Jason C, General Manager at Brookshire Suites Inner Harbor, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

Thank you for your comments. I do appreciate your feedback.

The hotel is centrally located in the Inner Harbor. There is so much to do outside the hotel to keep tourist busy therefore, we've concentrated on things we do best. Offering a great product that's clean and well maintained, an exceptionally friendly staff, tremendous recommendations to enhance your true Baltimore experience that we don't need all the bells and whistles to distract you!

We offer games in the lobby, RedBAR which features Maryland Wines and Baltimore Beers so if you do want to get out of your room, there is plenty of options.

Thanks again for your review.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Myself and a friend stayed at the Brookshire for four nights in March 2014. We found the hotel very conveniently located. Sites such as the National Aquarium, the Walter Art Museum, and National Basilica were within reasonable walking distance. The hotel is very clean and well-kept, but the most favorable factor is the most cheerful and helpful staff who seemed to do everything they could to make our stay pleasant. Among the excellent staff were Kelly, Lynette, Robert and Tyler to mention just a few. The only area where I would recommend some change is in the breakfast service. On several of the days, the music was playing too loud and was of an obnoxious techno-pop type noise. Also, I feel that the food choices could or should be expanded. For example, on a weekend they had waffle machines which disappeared during the week. A few extra food choices would have made a favorable difference. However, overall our stay was enjoyable, and we would go back.

Room Tip: We had a corner suite that looked toward the harbor. Being on the fifth floor, we heard a fair amou...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank ralphrahm
Reviewed March 28, 2014

My family and I stayed 3 nights at the Brookshire and we loved it! There is not a pool and not any activities for children but I didn't go on vacation to stay at the hotel and my kids didn't even notice any lack of things to do. They thought everything was great, even the exercise room. Who thought a stationary bike could be so much fun!! The hotel was extremely easy to get to. One turn off route 83, 5 or 6 blocks down, and it's right on the corner. I called ahead of time to find out where I should pull up to and was directed to make a right on the corner and they had an area off of the street to unload. This was excellent because the hotel is on a 5 or 6 lane one way street that you do not want to stop your car on. There was an attendant waiting there to help with the bags and take care of your car. I can't remember his name but he did and excellent job and greeted us everyday we left to site see. There is valet parking so you don't have to attempt driving the one way, crazy busy streets to park in a parking garage. You pay a little extra for this but I believe it was well worth it. You can get your car as many times as you like and if you just need something from the car they will either bring it to the hotel or walk with you across the street to take you to your car. A wonderful service!!!

Check in was very easy and fast. We arrived early but our room was ready so we went straight up. I had chosen a 2 room suite with 2 double beds. There was so much room that no one complained, which is a miracle with just a mom and 3 kids!! The bathroom is a little small but again, I wasn't living in there. There is enough space to do what you have to do and not much more. There was a fridge, microwave, and single cup coffee maker. The fridge was great so we didn't have to waste food from the day. There were also 2 tvs so the boys could watch one and the girls the other before bedtime.

Breakfast, wifi, fitness room, and some other things were included in the destination fee of $10. Definitely worth it. Try feeding 3 kids breakfast for under $10...NOT HAPPENING. It was a nice breakfast: scrambled eggs, sausage, bagels, toast, english muffins, danishes, fresh fruit, cereal, milk, choc. milk, yogurt, coffee, o.j., another juice, and water. I was wondering what the breakfast would be before we went and couldn't find it anywhere in a review so I thought I would put it in. The kids were able to get something each morning that they wanted and it was all hot and fresh. There is a hotel employee that keeps an eye on everything all morning so it doesn't get dry and disgusting and she kept bringing out fresh batches so there was plenty to choose from no matter how early or late you got there.

Location was great!!! You are one block from the harbor and all of the attractions there. Everything was within walking distance. I parked my car when we arrived and it didn't move until we left. We were so close to everything that we were able to return to the hotel whenever we wanted throughout the day without losing much time.

The best part was the price! Staying from a Tuesday to a Friday I was able to take advantage of their stay 2 nights get one free. For this reason alone I extended the trip from 2 days to 3. Other hotels right by the harbor were so expensive, $200-400 per night!! WHO CAN AFFORD THAT?? Not this mom. The normal charge per night was cheaper and with the buy 2 get 1 offer, the Brookshire ran circles around their competitors. I was leery of booking through one of those low priced sites that get you discounted rates. I read reviews that said you didn't get all of the amenities or there was no record of your reservation. There was also the fact that you could cancel because of the low, low rates. So I used these sites to find pictures, reviews, and other info about the hotel and then proceeded to book my hotel directly through the Brookshire's site. I recommend this to anyone as they have a lot of different specials they offer directly on their site and you have the ability to cancel if an emergency arises and you can't travel. The only stip to this was you had to cancel a full day in advance to avoid a one night cancellation fee. That seems pretty fair to me.

I thought the value for my money was great and I couldn't have asked for a better stay. The Brookshire Suites made my family's vacation to Baltimore even better than expected!! I do plan on returning to Baltimore again during a summer to see the city in full swing and, when I do, I will be returning the Brookshire Suites once again!

I would like to thank all the staff, whether I met them or not, for such a wonderful stay!! :)

Room Tip: If you have a family definitely go for a 2 room suite. They have a lot of space so no one will feel...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank 204micheles
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Stayed here after booking a Travelzoo deal. Location is superb. Only a block from the Harbour and about 4 blocks from Power Plant. This place was recently remodeled and the decor is ok (close up pictures of rock stars etc a little to much). Rooms were nice size and enjoyed the flat screen tv's in both rooms. The mirror in the bedroom was one of the biggest/nicest mirrors I've ever seen in a hotel but I wasn't sure why they decided to have it rested on the floor (instead of on the wall). My biggest issue was the white pleather sofa in the living area. It was very uncomfortable and extremely small. My wife and I keep sliding while watching tv. The breakfast area upstairs is huge and the views and breakfast itself was excellent for continental breakfast. Overall, the staff was friendly and the location was great. Not sure if I would stay here unless it was a good deal.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank drob1121

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. I appreciate your feedback.

The sofa's in the guest suites are new. Because they have not been "broken in" yet, they are still a bit slippery. As they get used more, they will become more comfortable with age.

I hope you like the new Brookshire Suites! I hope to see you again on your next visit to Baltimore.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

I was travelling on business and stayed one night at this hotel. I wanted to be close to the inner harbor and this hotel is 1 block away. I wanted a little bigger room at a good price and I wanted breakfast. The hotel is not big and the room was nice, king bed, kitchenette, frig, coffee, etc. It had TV's in both rooms and a desk in the living room. The couch (converts to a sleeper sofa) was not comfortable. The bed and pillows were among the best I have ever slept on in a hotel, just excellent. The bathroom was small, but nice, and the shower had very good water pressure. The staff couldn't have been nicer. The breakfast was average with bagels, juice, yogurt, fruit, eggs and sausage. Valet parking was $36, I parked across the street for $26 and there is another garage on the other corner that I think may be cheaper. Other than that it is a nice hotel to stay in for a night or two.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Jason C, General Manager at Brookshire Suites Inner Harbor, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Jiucer,

Thank you for your review of Brookshire Suites Baltimore. I really appreciate the time you've taken to share your experience with us.

I am glad you enjoyed the hotel overall, and of course, our incredible location to the Inner Harbor. As you know, we just completed a multi-million dollar renovation and those white sofa's in our guest suites are a little uncomfortable now, but as they become conditioned with use overtime, I'm confident they will become much more comfortable.

Thanks for the comments regarding the team!

I hope if you are in Baltimore again that you will stay with us!

Reviewed March 23, 2014

I decided on 5 stars not 4 but it was a tough call. 4.5 would have been a nice option. This is an a boutique hotel in an older renovated building. I really am not sure if I had a studio or one bedroom but the room came with fridge, microwave, sink, coffee machine. Website says only the one bedrooms and above have microwaves but it seemed more like a studio. Good size nevertheless except for the bathroom which felt a bit claustrophobic but not unusual for this type of renovated building - . Sufficient closet. No dresser draws but 2 drawers in night stand. I faced Lombard Street which gave me a small view of the harbor. Traffic noise was not an issue - I felt the soundproofing was very good. And at night it is quiet in that area anyway. Very convenient to all the Inner Harbor has to offer. The place was clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful at all times. Comfortable bed. What was outstanding was the value for this area. I was attending a conference at the Hyatt (about a 5 minute walk) and saved about $350 over the group rate being offered by the Hyatt. When I stayed (in March) they offered a buy 2 nights get 1 night free rate (weekdays) and the total price for my 3 nights was truly fantastic. They do charge $9.95 per night facilities charge. It includes internet and breakfast. I usually ding a hotel for charging for wifi but the breakfast was good (standard but good selection) and the hotel was very transparent about this charge - no surprises. Even with that charge my 3 nights were about $272 including tax. That is amazing. No doubt March is off season but still - for the Inner Harbor that is unheard of. I meant to ask about the history of the hotel because it is covered with pictures of Frank Zappa and Mama Cass Elliott - I hope there is a reason behind that :) Absolutely would return next time in Baltimore.

Room Tip: If you are ultra sensitive to noise and will be in room during day/early evening, you might consider...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

HI Geoffrey,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor regarding your experience at the Brookshire Suites.

The building was orginally built as a parking garage back in the 1960's. Converted to a hotel in the early 1980's. We purchased the hotel just over a year ago and completed a multi-million dollar renovation.

We're much different that those other 'beige box' hotels in the Inner Harbor. First, because we're not branded by a national, we have the ability to offer our guests a truly unique Baltimore experience, and we don't have to charge all those rewards points and franchise fees, so were more affordable!

Those portraits of Mama Cass, Frank Zappa and Adam Duritz, well, they are all Baltimore born rockstars! The design encompasses industrial Baltimore to our eclectic neighborhoods, from Baltimore historic communities to upcoming neighborhoods like the Station North Arts & Entertainment District. Our rooms wont be found anywhere else. RedBAR features Maryland Wine and Baltimore brewed beers. Our MarketPlace features snacks from local Baltimore vendors as well, from Berger Cookies, to Zeke's Coffee, to Old Bay Chips....many things Baltimore.

Thanks again for your review. I hope you get to visit Baltimore again soon and will stay with us!