Biltmore Suites Hotel
Lord Baltimore Hotel(Baltimore)(Great Value!)
$144
$189
$149
$90
$76
  • Breakfast included
Days Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor(Baltimore)(Great Value!)
$104
$119
$105
$144
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor(Baltimore)(Great Value!)
$108
$102
$160
$149
Hyatt.com
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I've been to over 30 countries and stayed in every kind of accommodation imaginable, from no stars to five stars, and the Biltmore Suites in Baltimore is just what a hotel of its kind should be. What is a hotel of 'its kind', you ask? That is a bit hard to nail down: unpretentious, original, steeped in faded elegance, homey comforts (and some homey wear and tear), and odd-ball detail and eccentricities. Its not a frilly Victorian B&B, its not a full-on "kitsch" design, it is NOT a dump (as some clearly close-minded and unimaginative reviewers have suggested), and its certainly not mainstream. It is all its own, all Baltimore, and all around charming.

Outrageously inexpensive, we were extremely happy to be warmly welcomed by hotel staff and management, offered a room on the spot without reservations, and upgraded for no extra expense to a king-sized suite. On entering the suite, our jaws hit the ground - two HUGE rooms (living room and bedroom) with decorative Victorian fireplaces, high ceilings, huge windows looking out onto the extraordinary First and Franklin Presbyterian Church (view alone worth a $200 room), all in the heart of the great Mount Vernon district. Most of all, we were struck by the overwhelming sense of comfort and homey-ness of the space, achieved against all logic through a haphazard assortment of mismatched furniture, from antiques (such as a complete footpedal sewing machine) to an odd modern futon, pink papered walls against earthy toned upholstery and starkly deep red drapes (!?), to clean soft sheets, good quality pillows and a truly comfortable mattress. Not to mention mini-fridge, coffee makers and all the trimmings.

This place is paradise for a specific type of traveler, but others should steer clear: if you want five stars, go and pay for it someplace else; if you want the cheapest place in Baltimore, don't gripe about the wilting edges of the Biltmore; if you like chain hotels, go find one. Otherwise - stay here and soak it up, this place is wonderful in every way.

The Biltmore made our trip to Balitmore, hands down. We didn't stop smiling for the rest of the weekend, happy in the knowledge that authentic, kooky and comfortable places still exist. Thank you to the owners for sharing this wonderful place with us and marching to your own drummer.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank DC_Traveler2013
BiltmoreSuitesHotel, Manager at Biltmore Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Thank you for your kind review and we appreciate your comments and take heart in them. We try to maintain the Victorian feeling with a little bit of Baltimorian flavor to it. I do hope you come back to our hotel and we look forward to seeing you at our hotel.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

This was PERFECT for my wife and I. We have travelled all around the world, and do not like 'franchise' MacDonald hotels and their boring vanilla environment. We got exactly what we were looking for when we stayed for 3 nights at the Biltmore.

Yes, you have to 'walk' up stairs to your room--we have legs. We were given a suite at the price of the one bedroom :-) without even asking for it (Rm 111). The hotel is Eclectic, unique, nice has helpful staff, comfy, price, and quiet.

The hotel is located conviently to EVERYTHING. We explored all of Baltimore for $0.00 in transportation costs; yes we walked and took the free bus. The resturants in the area are awesome.

Yeah, yeah, some paint is peeling, the carpet in the stairway needs replacing...big deal is what I say. Clean place to park your luggage and put your head down at night. Now if you are looking for a spa/pool, need a meeting room, like to hang out with sheep, need room service, then go someplace else.

I never saw the 'pet cat' in the 3 nights we stayed, there was no 'smoke' smell anywhere, bed did not smell of body odor. I've never been in a jail, but if they are really better than this then I wouldn't mind staying in one.

Room Tip: First level, keeps the exercise down when walking up the stairs.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank tcat85
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Next time you go to the Biltmore Suites Hotel smell your bed it will smell like air fresher or body odor or other smells they must never wash the bed comforters or blankets. The rooms are run down and the lady manger is impostible to deal with if you have a problem. In my oppion the health dept. of Baltimore should close the place down long ago so the health dept must not be doing its job or being paid off. I myself am going to call the health dept and the mayor of Baltimore to report this matter. This Place also has bed bugs and mice even thou they have a cat in the hotel which is unsanitary and against the public health codes. The breakfast is a power breakfast bar and coffee,tea,waterand OJ. Even at the reasonal price it overpriced.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank james w
Reviewed July 27, 2012

This place was not fit for prisoners, hell the jails are whole lot better then this. This place was like walking thur the Twilight Zone. This was the worst experience ever.My kids thought that we where in some kind of wax museum. I didn't feel safe in the hotel at all. This was suppose to be a smoke free hotel they lied. I thought someone was tricking me or we were on You Got Punked! This place needs to be closed for good. The travel company's should remove them from there sites. and Yes i got my complete refund back.

A very traumatic experience.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 28, 2012 via mobile

I chose to stay here in spite of negative reviews. Overall, I wish I had not. I saw no sign of critters other than the hotel cat in the lobby. Wish I had not learned that my room was his favorite. Main issues: because it is very old and is disrepair, they should do extra things to offer comfort about the cleanliness such as wrapped cups in the rooms rather than a stack of styrofoam cups sitting by the coffee pot. The ironing board cover was badly stained and had holes in it. Slip covers on sofas are probably not there to protect pristine fabric but I did not look. Clearly a lot of do-it-yourself repair work that makes the place looks ten times worse than it really is. Good points: This was clearly once a nice old building. What is left of original molding, etc. is interesting. The courtyard, although dominated by the smoke team, is fantastic. Several tables, totally enclosed and has several trees and garden areas. The neighborhood is experiencing a revival and this place could be a gold mine with an investor.

• Stayed: June 2012