“Never again”

Biltmore Suites Hotel
Ranked #54 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed November 14, 2011

This House ist unbelievable dirty and run down. No Elevator. The bedsheets had not been changed for some time. Dust everywhere. Wallpaper hanging down.

Room Tip: Don't even dry
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
BiltmoreSuitesHotel, Manager at Biltmore Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2011

We apologize that our hotel felt dusty to you. Our hotel is over 130 years old and is a Victorian hotel, so has tall ceilings and sometimes we cannot reach all the spots. We do change our sheets every day, except for guests staying over. We do this to conserve water. Our hotel does not have an elevator and has not claimed to have an elevator.

Reviewed October 11, 2011

The hotel needs a good update, and a thorough clean. I felt like carpets and walls had not been cleaned since the opening of the hotel. The dank and musty smell is to be expected with a house of this age, not the dirt. I woke up for the continental breakfast and it consisted of cranberry juice and coffee, I didn't expect a grand spread however I expected something I could chew, a granola bar at the least.

At no point did I feel unsafe in the surrounding neighborhood during the day, as with any city I would not venture out into unknown territory at night, the front was always helpful with calling cabs to get you from place to place. No one was overly friendly or went out of their way to be helpful, a decent experience at best.

I will not be staying here ever again. I cannot get past the dirt.

Room Tip: Do not stay here.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank bpendergraph
BiltmoreSuitesHotel, Manager at Biltmore Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2011

We apologize if you felt our hotel is old. The hotel is 130 years old. We are constantly trying to improve our hotel and hope you will give us another chance. The nearby area of Mount Vernon is one of the most historic districts in Baltimore. While we do have a limited breakfast, this is more than compensated by our very low room rates compared to the other hotels in Baltimore.

Reviewed October 3, 2011

After reading reviews I was a little iffy about this place, but aside from the stairs, I loved the building, the room, and the staff. Especially Becky working evenings. Don't let the bad reviews scare you away. Its not cookie-cutter, but it is charing and very unique. And it was clean! A huge requirement for me and my crazy OCD.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank CLKR
BiltmoreSuitesHotel, Manager at Biltmore Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2011

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us at the Biltmore Suites Hotel. We thank you for your comments and recommendations regarding our hotel and our staff member. We are constantly trying to upkeep and upgrade our unique hotel and it is very good to hear your appreciation of a bygone era in our history. We thank you for taking the time to write comments about our hotel.

Reviewed October 3, 2011

My husband and I had a wedding to go to in Baltimore and we chose this hotel because of the location and outstanding price. When we arrived we were so impressed by the beautiful exterior. Upon entering we started to become skeptical. There were babies screaming upstairs and very odd people just hanging out in the lobby. I started to feel as if perhaps these people were living here. We went up to our room which was giant. It was time for my shower so I headed to the bathroom and was totally disgusted. I mean it was probably the grossest bathroom I have ever been in. I was very careful not to let my body touch any part of the shower.
In general I was very creeped out and had nightmares all night b/c I was afraid we would get robbed. It's not a fact but I am almost positive that at least 2 families were living in the rooms next to us. The walls are paper thin and we heard everything. I would not call myself a neat freak and can handle a certain degree of uncleanliness but this was beyond what I would deem appropriate hotel accommodations. I have been in hostels that were far better than this!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tatiana2011

We apologize that our hotel felt uncomfortable for you. Our hotel is over 130 years old and is a Victorian hotel, so it is unlike any other modern hotel. As for our other guests, we do not discriminate and allow all guests to stay at our hotel, including families with children. Some families are here for long term medical treatment at local hospitals and prefer to stay at our hotel because we have large suites. We are in the process of upgrading all our bathrooms.

Reviewed August 25, 2011

the place is a once grand Victorian style hotel. Yes it needs updating, but I hope they never do any major renovations because this place is an amazing deal! For $54 a night, friday and saturday, we got a huge bedroom with a very comfy bed, an even bigger living room/dining room/ kitchenette room and a small, very dated bathroom.
Yes, there was mildew in the caulk, but everything else was clean. And I work for the health depth and am very paranoid about bedbugs right now but found no signs of them.

Staff was very helpful.

I thought the neighborhood was beautiful - a huge gorgeous church across the street and plenty of beautiful architecture all around.

We're walkers so we walked down Charles street and explored the restaurants on our way down to the inner harbor. It was about a 20 minuete walk. I never felt unsafe, even at 1 am. We were just starting a 9 day motorcycle trip. We parked our bikes for free in the bank parking lot and they were not touched-saddlebags are only secured with zippers and there were no issues.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank kendelld
BiltmoreSuitesHotel, Manager at Biltmore Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2011

Thank you for your review and we appreciate hearing from you and are glad to know you enjoyed your stay in one of our suites. We appreciate your comments regarding our location, staff, and our property. We are trying to improve our rooms without taking away from the historical appeal of the building. We thank you for staying with us at the Biltmore Suites Hotel in Baltimore, MD.

Reviewed August 9, 2011

It is a very creepy place. It feels like a Tim Burton movie. I stayed there for 2 weeks. If I didn't pay during the check-in, I would definitely change my hotel. I chose this one because the hotels in Inner Harbor were a bit expensive. I felt really uncomfortable. I have been living alone almost for 4 years, and I often travel alone, but I never felt scared like this. I also didn't like the neighborhood. It is not safe for walking. The room was dusty. Wireless signal was very weak in my room. Some of the towels were not clean enough.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Sem C

We apologize that our hotel felt uncomfortable and scary for you. Our hotel is over 130 years old and is a Victorian hotel, so it is unlike any other modern hotel. The hotel is located in the Mount Vernon district, which is the cultural heart of the City of Baltimore and is a safe neighborhood, but as with any large city, one has to be aware of their surroundings. We are in the process of upgrading our Wireless Internet to provide more signal power on our higher floors and we apologize for this inconvenience.

Reviewed July 28, 2011

Stayed here for three nights. Interesting place, but not for everyone.

Pros: A block and a half from the Center St. Light Rail stop.
Stovetop, fridge and microwave in room.
Comfortable beds with extra pillows for those who like them.
Much less expensive than hotels near the harbor or Camden Yards

Cons: NOT ACCESSABLE!!! STAIRS INTO LOBBY AND NO ELEVATOR!!
If walking at night, avoid Henry and use Cathedral or Charles instead.
Rooms are somewhat old.

If you travel light, don't care about the decor and just need a comfortable place to sleep at night, this might be for you. Otherwise, you'd be better off elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family