“Hazlewood Inn Now Mediocre”
Review of Hazelwood Inn

Hazelwood Inn
Ranked #418 of 2,195 Restaurants in Baltimore
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 21, 2010

Hazlewood Inn is close to my neighborhood so I sometimes go there for a change. The last time proved the spending my money here is a waste. The last 4 or 5 times have been disappointing. It takes a long time to get a soda and even longer to get waited on. Our orders have always been wrong & it takes a very long time to get them corrected. The food is plain & nothing to brag about. On holidays you WILL need a reservation. Sad to say, I can no longer recommend Hazelwood Inn.

1  Thank ladyshirley

Reviewed September 29, 2009

I dine at this resturant on the average of 5 times a month. The food is always more than ample and quite skillfully prepared. The Managers are always very friendly and accommodating. I have been there on major holidays and mostly on Sundays. Althought, at times, there is a short wait, it is never beyond what is expected. If there is a problem with the food, the management, without question, will replace it or compensate you for it. I highly recommend this establishment, in fact, I think I will go there for dinner tonight!!

1  Thank pgorham
Reviewed August 6, 2009

I read about the women who complained about having to wait 15 minutes for a table..really. You must not dine out often. On a holiday especially I would not complain about having to wait. Did they time you and make you leave at a certain time? No of course not so at times that is not in their control how long before a table is ready. Try McDonalds next time!
I enjoy the people and the food is wonderful and you get a large portion. I highly recommend for anyone to try it if you hae not. Sour beef and dumplings are very good.

Reviewed May 10, 2009

I chose Hazelwood Inn mainly becuse of the location. I planned a Mother's Day dinner for my mother and mother-in-law. I called to make reservations to guarantee good seating.
We arrived on the scheduled time, however, we had to wait about 15 minutes....so much for reservations!. And the seating they gave us was not premium seating, it was in front of the entrance, in the midst of tables full of people and 2 tvs. Not a place for two old ladies with hearing aides!!!!
It took about 10 minutes to place our order for drinks, another 10 minutes to get the drinks; then we waited for the waitress to return to take our order, that took 15 minutes, and finally to get our meal took 25 minutes. There were customers that came in after us that ordered, got there food and were finishing up while we were still waiting!!!!
Yes, we did complain, I could have gotten a glass of wine on the house, how nice! I wanted food. I had 2 elderly ladies in their 80's that a glass of wine is not suitable for making up with apologies.
Needless to say, it was bad from the begining and the quiet relaxing dinner I wanted to have turned out to be a flop!
Next time I won't go here!!!! It might be great for lunch!
Oh! the food was ok, but with all the aggravation I was quite upset and unable to enjoy it!!

2  Thank DBee54