“GOOD FOOD”
Review of Bistro 300

Bistro 300
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro 300 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #222 of 2,094 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Inner Harbor
Cross street: Conway St
Reviewed September 15, 2013

This is the only saving grace to the Hyatt Regency. The crab cakes are one of the best we ever tasted!. Breakfast has improved too!!

Reviewed September 11, 2013

We had breakfast here after spending the night at the Hyatt Regency. I had pancakes, which were delicious. My husband had the chicken and waffles. He said they were good, but not a large enough portion. He only got a half a waffle and 2 chicken strips.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

We found this place in the Entertainment coupon.book. It's out of the way from the crowds at the Inner Harbor and located in the Hyatt. It has a nice selection of healthy choices on the menu. The bread served with the meal comes with a crap dip so there's no need to order an appetizer. I had the sea bass and it was tasty and well prepared. The portions are not huge so I didn't walk away overstuffed.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Such a disappointment from a wonderfully run hotel
Lousy selections
Horrible crab cake that was dried out and full of everything but crab!
Surly staff
Over priced and poorly prepared forgettable meal

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Pros: Nice atmosphere; in appearance.

Cons: Very surly waitstaff. Misleading menu items. Terrible food for the price.

Two points for them apologizing and offering a free meal.

Full story, for the curious, below.

My sister took me here for my birthday, hoping to treat me to something special. What we got was a disaster.

When we went up to the restaurant around lunch time, no one was there to greet us. We stood there feeling awkward, until we figured we had to seat ourselves; despite there being no indication to do so. Meanwhile, a chef and one of the catering men for the buffet just stared at us, as we circled the whole restaurant three times; searching for someone to serve us. We gave up and sat down at a table to wait patiently.

Eventually, a whole group of servers and staff grouped together and stared at us, murmuring to one another. Feeling like I was being uncomfortably examined, I got up and approached them. They straightened up and one asked if I was dining here. I laughed uncomfortably and said "yes". A few of them went "oh" and they scattered.

I went back and sat down. When our server showed up, without exaggerating, he looked downright peeved to have to serve us. He filled up my glass, and my sister politely told him about the gift certificate we had. Immediately he halted, grumbled "oh okay" as if disgusted, snatched it up, and left. He didn't even fill my sisters glass.

When he returned, he dropped it next to my sisters plate and then grumbled again "are you ready or not?" with irritation and impatience. In all of my years of dining I have never been spoken to in such a matter. I wanted to leave, and did not feel welcome.

After he walked away, my sister began to tell me how she couldn't believe how rude he was. Then, I noticed the server walk up right behind her, and just stand and glare at her! After there was a pause in conversation, he walked away. I told my sister what had just happened.

She persevered though, and had a word with a manager about the exceptionally rude service for such a seemingly nice restaurant.

Thankfully, the manager apologized profusely and said that lunch was on them. They also gave us a very friendly new server! Bless that man.

I chose a sandwich that said it was a pit beef and pork burger. That sounded like a wonderful combination! I asked for it to be "medium" doneness.

What I got; an overcooked hamburger patty on a bun with a pork roll and cheddar cheese put on top. After we confirmed with our new server that it was indeed the correct item, I felt sordidly mislead and disappointed. It's not what either of us expected at all.

My sister was not impressed with her crab cake sandwich either; it had no lumps, and was very lemony.

We decided to just fill up our stomachs and leave. We did tip our new server though for being so kind and friendly!

Overall, I would recommend avoiding this restaurant. They must have a particular clientele in mind for their service, and we did not fit that; even though our dress was normal and we were very polite.