“Best Reuben ever!”

Dining options: Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Baltimore, Maryland
“Best Reuben ever!”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I stopped in Uncle Wiggly's yesterday and had the best Reuben ever! The service was quick and friendly! The counter person was very helpful describing the ice cream and all the flavors. I was so full from the sandwich that I decided to take ice cream home. Well my husband went nuts over the Coconut chunk! I regret not buying a Quart.
Cathy from Towson

• Visited October 2013

Baltimore
“Decent icecream”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I'm not sure why Uncle Wiggly's isn't more well known.

I've never been to the York Road location, but I've frequented the Mt. Washington one. The Mt. Washington location closes during the winter, so that's a bummer.

I've never had anything from the deli (because there isn't one in Mt. Washington), but the ice cream here is pretty good. They have a ton of flavors, and it changes from season to season.

Definitely check out the salted caramel, pistachio, and the banana walnut chunk.

Visited June 2013
New York City, New York
“One of the Best Ice Creams I've Ever Had”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Ten minutes away from downtown Baltimore, we decided to come here based on the many positive reviews around the Internet about this place. There was a variety of different flavors to choose. My sister decided to try Key Lime Pie and discovered a piece of the Keys right here in Baltimore. My dad ordered the Banana Walnut Chunk, declaring it to be full of heavenly chunks of banana walnuts. As for me, I decided to truly test the establishment by ordering what I order at pretty much every ice cream place, Strawberry. I found a light yet creamy and delicious ice cream with perfectly sweet strawberries lying within, standing out from the long line of other ice creams in the world. The prices are very cheap, and the portions are huge. This place is certainly worth the drive.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank kirbyfan1996
Maryland
“The. Best. Ice. Cream. Anywhere!”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Uncle Wiggly's offers good deli sandwiches and several brands of ice cream, but what they're mostly known for is the Taharka Brothers ice cream.

Seriously, TB makes the best ice cream I've ever had, and the company is socially responsible (look them up on Facebook). Key lime pie ice cream, pumpkin ice cream, coffee and Oreos ice cream... I've become addicted. So have the friends I've taken there. The prices are reasonable; the servings are large; the service is usually good. The patio is really nice in good weather.

Also, there's a second location by Whole Foods in Mount Washington. That one serves Taharka Brothers ice cream ONLY and closes in the winter.

• Visited November 2012
Washington DC
“Great ice cream and wonderful story about it”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

The ice cream is wonderful but the story about it is even better. The ice cream is from Takahara Co which employes inner city folks to make their products.
The many flavors are unique and all good. Be careful if you are watching your caloric intake. This is a great stop if you have kids.

Visited June 2012