“Yummy brunch”

Dining options: Breakfast
Arlington, Virginia
“Yummy brunch”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I had a nice New Years Day brunch here. Friends met up in Baltimore for the day from other cities and chose Spoons for its good location and menu. We were not disappointed. I am on a gluten-free diet and made my own omelet, asked for the toast to be left off, and had a great, gluten-free meal. The breakfast potatoes were a little oily, but still delicious. Seems like a great neighborhood, and a great spot.

Visited December 2012

“Don't believe the hype”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Made special trip with my family of 5 and another family of 4 (5 kids under 12) for my birthday today. Starts out fine was met at the door by a very nice man who took my name and told us It would be about 30minutes and we could wait upstairs and have the kids play pool. 30 minutes was more like 70 but we hung in there as we drove from Howard county to eat there. Finally got our table - service was appalling our waitress was annoyed by everything we asked for including drinks, forks, napkins etc. ordered 2 apps and asked if we could order the kids food first because they were starved she said "no it messes up the kitchen" what!? 4 of the 9 ordered fried eggs over medium which as everyone knows is cooked whites and loose yolk. All eggs came rock hard like they were hard boiled asked if they could be fixed waitress asked if we wanted 1 egg redone again "what"?!? We were sitting right by the kitchen cook says "what's the problem" I proceeded to tell him we all ordered eggs Medium and so therefore we wanted some medium aka soft yolk fried eggs to which he yells/ barks " I know what medium eggs are!" Which actually was a bit funny considering not one egg came correct. No offer of drink refills, had to beg for another fork by saying our 2 littlest ones were sharing one. Waitress and cook are snickering right behind our table to the point one of the children with us was so upset they said they wanted to leave because the people were so mean ! Now- nearly everything we ordered was incorrect, we had little to know service and not only did spoons not offer to take one item that was wrong off the check but then added a 20% gratuity on top. i have no problem with included gratuity for larger parties but basically we would have gotten better service at an ihop at 3 am. Food was fair at best, service was probably one of the worst i have ever had, staff attitudes were terrible all in all a pretty crappy birthday brunch thanks for that spoons! I will never go again and will advise all I know to do the same. If spoons had cared about us as customers at all I would not be wasting another 15 min of my day writing the first review I have ever written for anything. Literally I could write a book on how disgusted I am there were so many other things that were wrong but it is safe to say from the time we sat down until we left every experience was horrible!

West Virginia
“Go for the food... not the service”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

My boyfriend and I were vacationing in Baltimore recently. I have a few cousins who live there, and we decided to meet at Spoons for lunch. The place is really nice... very open, with a bar area.

After you order, expect a LONG wait. We started running out of things to talk about by the time our food hit the table. We ordered the devil-ish eggs to start... 5 devilled eggs with smoked paprika, chives and bacon. They were.... "egg-cellent". I had ordered the Triple B Burger... that's smoked bacon, bison and blue cheese... but they were out of bison ( I was told this WAAAAAAAY after ordering, probably 15 minutes or more). So I reluctantly ordered the turkey burger (which was the next closest thing) with the spiced turkey patty, mushrooms, sauteed onions and cheese, lettuce, tomato and mayo on a toasted bun. Let me tell you something..... That was the BEST turkey burger (maybe even the BEST burger period) that I've EVER had. I was not expecting it to be that fantastic. I was happy I had to re-order, because I ended up with something totally unexpectedly good. WOW!

My boyfriend ordered the hummus sandwich and LOVED it.

The lemonade isn't so great! But the sweet potato fries with the sriracha lime sauce dip is pretty awesome too.

Overall... a GREAT place to eat. Food, 5 stars. Service, 3

IF you're not in a hurry to go anywhere after.

• Visited September 2012
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Great Breakfast”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Our first time at Spoons. They have a great menu and we enjoyed a wonderful breakfast....the coffee was amazing...and the service was perfect...and the atmosphere welcoming.
Definitely will return.

Note: Spoons can accomodate groups up to 50 in their upstairs space.

Hours
Mon - Sat: 7am - 3pm
Sunday: 7:30am - 3pm
Upstairs Lounge Fri - Sat 6pm - 1am

• Visited July 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Ok if you like to Wait and don't mind the dirt.”
Reviewed July 1, 2012

A little pricey. The food was ok, but nothing special. The staff was stand-offish.

Visited June 2012