“Disappointed!”

Tir Na Nog Irish Bar & Grill - Baltimore
Reserve with OpenTable
Tir Na Nog Irish Bar & Grill - Baltimore is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #52 of 2,073 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: American, Irish
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Calvert st
Description: Dedicated to the Irish tradition of hospitality and good times, Tir na nOg is a friendly neighborhood pub located in the heart of the Inner Harbor. Tir na nOg is where friends and family get together and celebrate all that life has to offer.
Reviewed January 30, 2012

In town for meetings at the Renaissance Baltimore Harbor Place Hotel so made reservations several days in advance to take a group of 14 to Tir Na Nog for lunch, While busy though not full we were seated quickly and in a nice location with a view of the harbor. Received drinks and food orders taken in a short amount of time. Starters came in a reasonable time and then we sat, and sat and then the waitress disappeared, and we sat. 30 minutes in I asked for the waitress. 10 minutes later she is still a no show so I asked to talk to the Manager. By this time one of our party had left and the rest of us were considering to do the same when the food arrived, 50 minutes after our order. If we had been a smaller group or just myself I would have have already left. The Manager spoke to me and said there was a problem with the kitchen and he would pick up the cost of the drinks and provide us 2-1 drink coupons. No big compensation since we were all from out of town and water or tea was the drink of choice for our party. My suggestion to the Manager was to manage his guests expectations and not just the kitchen. While the food was okay it was certainly not worth the wait, Go at our own risk. BTW, there are a LOT of other eating options in the area.

Reviewed January 28, 2012

on arrival was greeted by an uninterested hostess. Waited 45 minutes for our meal, with no apology from the waitress. Potatoes were uncooked (completely hard) so were uneatable for both plates. When I complained the waitress offered another drink, not really helpful if you are driving, and so was declined. When the check arrived there was no discount for the poor food. When I made a complaint about that I was grudgingly offered a paltry $5 reduction. Prior visits had been a success to this restaurant even at the height of the busy tourist season, but it appears that standards have dropped dramatically. I pity their customers during the Summer season however, it being in being a tourist location I cant see them worrying about repeat custom. My visit was a quiet Saturday lunch in January.

Reviewed January 9, 2012

My Irish wife and I recently stopped for lunch on our way to DC. We stopped because I noticed they offered Kilkenny beer on draft. I enjoyed Kilkenny when I visited Kilkenny, Ireland several years ago. I was only aware of the Dubliner Pub in DC near Union Station to offer Kilkenny on draft. Now I have two alternatives. We both enjoyed a pleasant lunch with a great view of Inner Harbor. Service was good. We will return.

1  Thank Tony J
Reviewed January 8, 2012

We just got back from Baltimore and had a GREAT time having drinks at Tir Nan Nog... Service was excellent, specials were good, and the view was amazing!

Definitely a must hit when in inner harbor!

Keep up the good work guys!

Reviewed January 4, 2012

Went there on a Friday night to see " Gaelic Mishap", a local Irish band. The bar does a pretty good Half and Half (Black and Tan for the Brits) and service was prompt and friendly at the bar tables. Their appetizers were average and we skipped the main course. I'd go back, when a good band is playing or an important sports event draws us near.