“Charming and Rustic”
Review of Woodberry Kitchen

Woodberry Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Woodberry Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #59 of 2,108 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Union Avenue
Transit: We are conveniently located at the Woodberry light rail stop. Just exit the light rail and walk up Clipper Park Road and find us on the right hand side.
Description: Woodberry Kitchen relies on longstanding relationships with the growers of the Chesapeake to provide the ingredients that nourish and delight our guests. At our table, you join us in supporting sustainable agriculture that respects the abundance and traditions of the region while helping to ensure its future. Housed in a renovated 1870s foundry nestled in historic Clipper Mill, Woodberry Kitchen offers a warm, rustic setting featuring an open kitchen and patio seating during the summer season. Owners Spike and Amy Gjerde are committed to providing our guests with exceptional service and fare, earning Woodberry Kitchen recognition by Bon Appetit, The New York Times, and Gourmet. Come join us, whether for a snack along with local wine or beer at the bar; an impromptu supper with friends; or a private celebratory feast in one of our dining rooms.
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I have eaten in a lot of restaurants around the world and this is definitely one of my favourites. It's imperative that you book. It's always packed out whenever you go and it may be necessary to wait even with a reservation. The staff do make the wait a little easier by bringing out nibbles. Recently, I went twice in two weeks and I honestly can't fault the service or the food. Even when the steak had to be sent back, the staff brought out various tasting sides. Speaking of the waiting staff, they are very attentive and the second time we went, they remembered us and brought us out complimentary oysters because of the mishap with the steak the first time. The staff all take a great interest in the food and where it's sourced. I would thoroughly recommend this restaurant if you go to Baltimore and do try the chicken and biscuit. It's to die for! They even have a full gluten free menu. I couldn't fault the food or the staff and I encourage you to go. Don't miss out and keep some room for dessert!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,123)

Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

Woodberry Kitchen is wonderful if you like their menu. They do not have lots for kids unless they are open to lots of foods. The service is great, but the restaurant is crowded. Woodberry also is a little bit on the expensive side. But if you don't mind this, then it is absolutely a blow away restaurant, where you can tell everything is homemade.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

We were seated on time near the open kitchen, enjoyed the hustle and bustle, our waiter was extremely helpful. We enjoyed the flatbread, rocket and beet salads and the rockfish dip was fantastic. My friend and I had the Tile Fish, it was very good, light, flavorful and placed on a tasty bed of rice and spinach. Our husbands had the tavern steak, not a wow, but they enjoyed it. We finished our meal with ice cream....very good! Enjoyed wine with dinner, nice selection but pricey.
Overall, WK delivered a great experience.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

I have been to Woodberry Kitchen a couple times. The first for a celebratory dinner with my family and another time for happy hour/dinner. The food is always amazing and there is never anything bad about the service. I love that this place can be for a fancier outing but that the same time it is not pretentious at all. The food is great quality but isn't fussy. The bar area is not big so you have to get there early for a seat.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

My husband and I came here for my birthday dinner in February. Neither of us had eaten here, but were excited to try it. We were seated promptly and began our evening with cocktails (which were awesome). There are so many fun things on their menu, we had a hard time choosing so we ended up trying quite a lot. Started off with the chips and onion dip and fried pickles...soooooo good. And then we had a cajun style flat bread with pickled okra and andouille, also delicious. I had the Tavern Steak and the husband had the sausage and sauerkraut--and while his was good, mine was better. Finish things off with after dinner drinks and the unbelievable brown sugar peach cheesecake and I was a happy girl. To make things even better, our server was one of the best I have ever had. We both have years of restaurant experience and have eaten at some of the best restaurants in the country and she was hands down one of the best. Now some people have complained about the "hipster" vibe at this place, and there is definitely some of that going on. We, however, found all the staff to be professional, helpful, and extremely pleasant. Overall, we had an absolute blast and I cannot wait to go back.