“wonderful”
Review of Woodberry Kitchen

Woodberry Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Woodberry Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 2,073 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Union Avenue
Transit: We are conveniently located at the Woodberry light rail stop. Just exit the light rail and walk up Clipper Park Road and find us on the right hand side.
Description: Woodberry Kitchen relies on longstanding relationships with the growers of the Chesapeake to provide the ingredients that nourish and delight our guests. At our table, you join us in supporting sustainable agriculture that respects the abundance and traditions of the region while helping to ensure its future. Housed in a renovated 1870s foundry nestled in historic Clipper Mill, Woodberry Kitchen offers a warm, rustic setting featuring an open kitchen and patio seating during the summer season. Owners Spike and Amy Gjerde are committed to providing our guests with exceptional service and fare, earning Woodberry Kitchen recognition by Bon Appetit, The New York Times, and Gourmet. Come join us, whether for a snack along with local wine or beer at the bar; an impromptu supper with friends; or a private celebratory feast in one of our dining rooms.
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I took some friends for a special Birthday and everything was top notch. I had the best soft shell crabs ever and she had the crab cake. Both were excellent in an old setting. We had a special desert, which they put her name on. Great service in an old building.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

My wife and I had our families over from out of town, and we wanted to show them cream-of-the-crop Baltimore restaurants. Of course, Woodberry would be on that list. It was also my father-in-law's birthday, so I wanted to make this something special. I conversed several times with Woodberry's pastry/dessert chef on the phone. I told her my budget and my vision, and she was able to accommodate my needs. Wow! I was so impressed! I didn't think a CMP cake was possible, but she confidently assured me that she'd get it done and within my budget.

We came for brunch, and service was impeccable. Loved everything I got to try! The blood sausage was interesting and different, but delicious nonetheless. The kitchen omelette isn't just any old omelette; it was an awesome omelette (forgive my lack of descriptive vocabulary). The french toast was mind blowing. We kept trying to figure out how it was prepared. The zucchini frittata was great as well. I particularly enjoyed the grouper roll. It tasted fresh and was an innovative alternative to tuna.

I called Woodberry ahead of time and told them that I wanted to pay for the meal. I knew both sides of the family would try to secretly pay for it, but I needed some way to prevent that from happening. Long story short, Woodberry's food is amazing, their service is amazing, but apparently their staff can act too. I gave them my credit card number beforehand. As expected, both father's also sneaked credit cards and cash to the maitre d' at some point during our meal. She kindly accepted both individually as to make them feel like they've "won". However, at the end, my card was charged, and in the check plate, the fathers' credit card and cash were returned.

Overall, that day was a glorious win. Thank you, Woodberry Kitchen.

1  Thank Tunaidi
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We went without a reservation for Sunday brunch, and were able to get a seat right away at the bar. Everything was amazing- from the maple latte, cocktail, hash, flatbread to the wildflower cookie dessert. Absolutely amazing execution and the ambiance is lovely. Service was good, and the bartenders are some of the hottest hipsters I've ever seen- if that's your thing. They also sell their own hot sauce, which was delicious. This was the best meal by a mile that we've had in Baltimore. Next door is a beautiful glass blowing studio/store, worth a stop on the way out.

Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

Wood berry isn't just hype, its the real deal. The food is absolutely delicious and the service is nothing short of fantastic. I've had there brunch and dinner and I haven't been disappointed yet. They do change their menu often so I would check it out online if you have a finicky eater. Also reservations are a must!!!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

My husband and I found this place when we looked on Tripadvisor. We are glad we gave it a try.

The atmosphere was amazing. The owner did a great job restoring an old building. It had such a good vibe.

We went there for brunch. My husband got Eggs Benedict. I got a seafood soup, sausages, and hash browns. It was all fantastic.

I would highly recommend a visit.