“Stopping reading and go already!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Woodberry Kitchen

Woodberry Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Woodberry Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 2,007 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Union Avenue
Transit: We are conveniently located at the Woodberry light rail stop. Just exit the light rail and walk up Clipper Park Road and find us on the right hand side.
Description: Woodberry Kitchen relies on longstanding relationships with the growers of the Chesapeake to provide the ingredients that nourish and delight our guests. At our table, you join us in supporting sustainable agriculture that respects the abundance and traditions of the region while helping to ensure its future. Housed in a renovated 1870s foundry nestled in historic Clipper Mill, Woodberry Kitchen offers a warm, rustic setting featuring an open kitchen and patio seating during the summer season. Owners Spike and Amy Gjerde are committed to providing our guests with exceptional service and fare, earning Woodberry Kitchen recognition by Bon Appetit, The New York Times, and Gourmet. Come join us, whether for a snack along with local wine or beer at the bar; an impromptu supper with friends; or a private celebratory feast in one of our dining rooms.
“Stopping reading and go already!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

Wood berry isn't just hype, its the real deal. The food is absolutely delicious and the service is nothing short of fantastic. I've had there brunch and dinner and I haven't been disappointed yet. They do change their menu often so I would check it out online if you have a finicky eater. Also reservations are a must!!!

• Visited March 2013

Santiago, Chile
“Great atmosphere with great food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

My husband and I found this place when we looked on Tripadvisor. We are glad we gave it a try.

The atmosphere was amazing. The owner did a great job restoring an old building. It had such a good vibe.

We went there for brunch. My husband got Eggs Benedict. I got a seafood soup, sausages, and hash browns. It was all fantastic.

I would highly recommend a visit.

Baltimore, Maryland
“All the hype is totally worth it.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

Had dinner here with my husband- have tried to go here forever and this just happened to work- GET RESERVATIONS. This is the most hyped restaurant in Baltimore. And it deserves every bit of it. Not pretentious, but great, amazing food with very good service, a beautiful space and not over the top pricey. Completely worth every thing anyone says that is good about this place. Use the Valet parking- Also, the ethic of sustainability and eating local is so true here, BUT is not over the top and hokey. I will be back sooner rather than later.....

Lewisburg, PA
“Believe the hype.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

Yes, it's a little spendy. Yes, the food can be trendy. But here's the thing: trendy does not necessarily equal bad, and their food? Is outstanding. The entrees were great, the appetizers were great. The cocktails? You guessed it. Great. Service, which for me is usually the first thing that goes south, was what I wanted it to be. The wait staff was attentive without hover-servers invisibly tethered to my elbow, and didn't hang around trying to be aloof and cool and chatty. Did I mention the food was outstanding? Highly recommended.

• Visited September 2012
Frederick, Maryland
“Charming, delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

We were sure we were lost driving there; but then, on the very edge of a small, trending neighborhood, there we were. Doesn't feel like the city at all. The ambience is open, but, with lots of brick and logs (for the oven), warm at the same time. The food is inventive, but not elaborate--and truly awesome. Staff was friendly and attentive--made for a great evening.