“Attentive, Fresh, Hit the Spot!”
Review of Woodberry Kitchen

Woodberry Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Woodberry Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 2,095 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Union Avenue
Transit: We are conveniently located at the Woodberry light rail stop. Just exit the light rail and walk up Clipper Park Road and find us on the right hand side.
Description: Woodberry Kitchen relies on longstanding relationships with the growers of the Chesapeake to provide the ingredients that nourish and delight our guests. At our table, you join us in supporting sustainable agriculture that respects the abundance and traditions of the region while helping to ensure its future. Housed in a renovated 1870s foundry nestled in historic Clipper Mill, Woodberry Kitchen offers a warm, rustic setting featuring an open kitchen and patio seating during the summer season. Owners Spike and Amy Gjerde are committed to providing our guests with exceptional service and fare, earning Woodberry Kitchen recognition by Bon Appetit, The New York Times, and Gourmet. Come join us, whether for a snack along with local wine or beer at the bar; an impromptu supper with friends; or a private celebratory feast in one of our dining rooms.
Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

What an amazing GEM! Hidden nicely in this old mill area is the phenomenal restaurant!
My husband and I will out infant had brunch here on a Sunday the food was FrESH. I had the ham sandwich and he had one of the omelets. We also had the bakery board sampler. Everything was cooked just right and hot! The wait staff was so attentive with capping off our water and making sure our little guy had what he needed. Additional plates, k dough, placemats, beverages, smaller portions if menu items! So attentive! We sat outdoors on this summer day which was fine because they have a great umbrella system that blocks sun and rain. It rained while we are but no problem due to their system. The patio has a true in nature feel with all the plants surrounding you. It's totally NOT overdone either! It's just the right amount of coverage to attract the small birds and butterflies! What an amazing brunch! We went back for dinner the NEXT day! Everyone remembered us! Even the COMPLIMENTARY Valet guys! A must visit while in Baltimore! Make your reservation though cause we will be taking up a table or two at this hidden GEM!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,119)

Reviewed July 1, 2013

If your planning a trip to Baltimore, it wouldn't be complete without a visit to Woodberry Kitchen. The food is memorable as is the location, the service first-rate. I had the scallops which were the best I've ever! Travel tip: make reservations and make them for early in the evening, while we got in on time our dining experience lasted over 2 hours on a Monday...there wasn't an empty table inside, outside or upstairs..impressive.

1  Thank Stephanie L
Reviewed June 30, 2013

My husband and I just ate brunch here for the first time. I had eggs Benedict and a mimosa. He had eggs, sausage and an espresso. We split a strawberry donut. Everything had so much flavor and tasted wonderful. You forget what real food tastes like until you come here. Will definitely come back.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

We waited for a month to visit the restaurant. The meal was worth the wait! From appetizers to desserts, everything was fresh and flavorful. We will definitely return.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

In my party of eight, we tried Chicken & Biscuit, Whistle Pig Park Chop, Scallops, Ladyfinger Popcorn, Roasted Summer Squash & their Blossoms, Smoked Rockfish Chowder, and Lou's Meatloaf. Everything was outstanding! Food was delicious, service friendly and efficient. My group from around the US was in Baltimore for a two day meeting. Fortunately for me, I only live an hour away, so I will definitely take my wife back to the Woodberry Kitchen. Oh yes, the atmosphere in the old building is great, and the light smell of the wood smoke from the brick oven is wonderful.