“Superb .... as always”
Review of Woodberry Kitchen

Woodberry Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Woodberry Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 2,048 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Union Avenue
Transit: We are conveniently located at the Woodberry light rail stop. Just exit the light rail and walk up Clipper Park Road and find us on the right hand side.
Description: Woodberry Kitchen relies on longstanding relationships with the growers of the Chesapeake to provide the ingredients that nourish and delight our guests. At our table, you join us in supporting sustainable agriculture that respects the abundance and traditions of the region while helping to ensure its future. Housed in a renovated 1870s foundry nestled in historic Clipper Mill, Woodberry Kitchen offers a warm, rustic setting featuring an open kitchen and patio seating during the summer season. Owners Spike and Amy Gjerde are committed to providing our guests with exceptional service and fare, earning Woodberry Kitchen recognition by Bon Appetit, The New York Times, and Gourmet. Come join us, whether for a snack along with local wine or beer at the bar; an impromptu supper with friends; or a private celebratory feast in one of our dining rooms.
Victoria, Canada
“Superb .... as always”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

There were 8 of us celebrating our Daughter's completion of her Doctorate - the restaurant was her choice but we have all visited it before - and it did not disappoint. The food is quite fantastic and the staff are relaxed and efficient

Highland, Maryland
“Cool & Wonderful”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

This restaurant is very well run. Staff is competent and knowledgable. You can watch the kitchen staff if you get a table inside. The wood -fired oven is the center piece. Flavors are not what steal he show, but rather the quality of the food and the careful preparation. Wood-roasted chicken was perfection and wood-baked macaroni and cheese delitious. Deserts are simple but perfectly delicious. Honey macchiato was unexpectedly good. Great, great restaurant.

1 Thank MonGourmet
Falls Church, Va
“Superb Dining Experience”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Finding this James Beard restaurant was a bit of an adventure. When you arrive you are welcomed by complimentary valet in what seems like a beautiful compound of restored old mills that are now serve mixed residential and commercial functions. There are water structures and an absolutely exquisitely designed outdoor seating area. Entering the restaurant, you notice the decor and congenial ambiance of staff and patrons. The patrons were young and trendy or in business attire. We waited at the bar for our table and enjoyed perhaps two of the best cocktails I've had in a very long time - Gov't Mule and Second Date. By no means do I exaggerate when I say these are some of the best. Each cocktail was crafted with incredible attention to detail and technique. The freshness and quality of ingredients used in both are commendable - particularly the in-house made bitters. We were seated and our service was truly some of the best I've ever had. Excellent food and drink recommendations in addition to a strong knowledge of small batch rye whisky. The asparagus flat bread was to die for made int he wood burning brick oven right next to our table. My beef dish was superb and the scallop entree was cooked to perfection. Again, I can not emphasize the consistency of the service. My server brought out some samples of rare rye whisky's for me to sample. The dessert put me over the top and was generally a bit rich, but then again why not indulge. I love this place and can not wait to come back here and share the treasure that I sadly just now discovered.

Havre de Grace, Maryland
“OMG the best brunch-gotta try the Scrapple! Yes I said scrapple!”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

This was my first time @ woodberry kitchen- we were in the area and stopped in on Saturday afternoon without a RESERVATION- the place was very busy! I wasn't looking for brunch but that's what they serve on the weekends and it was EXCELLENT.... I had the asparagus frittata with a side of SCRAPPLE, yes I know scrapple but I wanted to try it and they make it fresh there and it was fantastic.. Spicy, crispy and not at all greasy like sausage. This is the first time I've ever had scrapple except as a kid when my Father would make it on a weekend and I didn't like it al all but this is not the store bought scrapple, this is fresh made on the premises with higher quality cuts of pork and IT'S GLUTEN FREE....since I can't have gluten this is the first time as an adult I've been able to try it because it's traditionally made with flour as a binder.
Getting back to the frittata, it was also fantastic, it was super light and fluffy, a little soufflé like. My husband had the sausage plate with caramelized onions and house made mustard, that was very good a well.
For desert we split 3 scoops of their house made ice cream, their chocolate sorbet is OUT OF THIS WORLD.. Best I've ever had!! We also had a scoop of grasshopper made with fresh mint and flourless chocolate cake and the popcorn ice cream, great combo., like chocolate covered popcorn. This was truly a fantastic meal and I would go back in a second. The service was wonderful and they have free valet parking.... Yes free! Would strongly recommend reservations as this place is super popular.

Worcester, Massachusetts
“Imaginative and lively”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

WK is one of the first (if not the first) farm-to-table restaurant in Baltimore. We went as a party of five on a Friday night. Preparations are imaginative, the staff is passionate, and the atmosphere is wonderfully lively. We did a variety of small plates, from flatbreads to crab dips, and all were great. Can't wait to go back for their entrees. Good wine list. Overall, great food and ambiance.

Visited June 2013