“Excellent! Every drink and plate fresh and delicious”
Review of Woodberry Kitchen

Woodberry Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Woodberry Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 2,016 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Union Avenue
Transit: We are conveniently located at the Woodberry light rail stop. Just exit the light rail and walk up Clipper Park Road and find us on the right hand side.
Description: Woodberry Kitchen relies on longstanding relationships with the growers of the Chesapeake to provide the ingredients that nourish and delight our guests. At our table, you join us in supporting sustainable agriculture that respects the abundance and traditions of the region while helping to ensure its future. Housed in a renovated 1870s foundry nestled in historic Clipper Mill, Woodberry Kitchen offers a warm, rustic setting featuring an open kitchen and patio seating during the summer season. Owners Spike and Amy Gjerde are committed to providing our guests with exceptional service and fare, earning Woodberry Kitchen recognition by Bon Appetit, The New York Times, and Gourmet. Come join us, whether for a snack along with local wine or beer at the bar; an impromptu supper with friends; or a private celebratory feast in one of our dining rooms.
Baltimore, Maryland
“Excellent! Every drink and plate fresh and delicious”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

I have reviewed Woodberry Kitchen before but I felt compelled to review it again after having a flawless and delicious meal there yesterday.
The drinks (Root Cup and Gov't mule) were both great. We had the zucchini dip,salads, chicken & biscuits, grouper, and strawberry buttercake for dessert. All plates were fresh, flavorful and delicious. My husband who loves Ceaser salads commented how great his was, and how tasty the croutons actually were! This restaurant pays such great attention to detail that even the croutons are really good - Wow. We got a really good bottle of Rose wine for a great price of $30! This place deserves my money more than any other place in Baltimore. We need to go back more often.
We were originally sat outside and I couldn't take the smoke smell from the fire they had burning, but the hostess immediately sat us back inside, no problem.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank alb32

Upstate N.Y.
“They did not call it beef strogonoff.”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

But It was sort of that. Only much better. They called it beef and noodles. I didn't enjoy it because I had several Union Swizzles and sips of Govt Mules while munching on fried tomatoes and a Crab Pot. I enjoyed it because it was just terrific food. As were the apps. As was the service provided by Corrine. The drinks were original creations extremely well put together. It costs more to eat here than it would at Burger King. But you get imaginitive dishes and drinks you will not find elsewhere instead of indigestion.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank swampknot
“EXCELLENT”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

The food was absolutely delicious and I can say the same for the cocktail menu. The server was knowledgable of the menus and offered suggestions (not based on recommending the most $$$ item on the menu). Make reservations!! They are booked fast and in advance. The tables are close together, but the ambience and acoustics in there make it work if you want to talk at a regular level. I highly recommend it!

Visited May 2012
Baltimore, Maryland
“Nice place, great ambiance, currently an "it" place in Bmore”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Really good food, maybe a little expensive even if you consider the quality. We have had consistently good meals here. I enjoy the atmosphere and service.

They are forever changing the menu with an assortment of local ingredients and creative preparations. My only negative comment is that it doesn't, after everything, quite live up to the hype. The fully booked weekend nights (weeks in advance), packed room (every time) sets me up for astronomically high expectations, but the food is good, not great. Still, I find the great meal, premium price promise to be better fulfilled at Blue Hill Tavern and even B Bistro.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank moorthyr
Ashton,MD
“Woodberry Kitchen continues to shine”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Woodberry Kitchen always pleases. Our meal was superb, from the wonderful cocktails - love the Government Mule! - through dessert. Everything we ordered was delicious, even simple things like their homemade pickles and popcorn. Servings may seem small, but I've never gone home hungry. The servers were pleasant, engaging, hard-working and helpful. I love the lack of fussiness. Save your pennies and go!

• Visited May 2012