“Friendly staff, great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cazbar

Cazbar
Reserve with OpenTable
Cazbar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #42 of 2,007 Restaurants in Baltimore
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Saratoga Street
Description: The Cazbar is Baltimore’s first and only Turkish Restaurant located at the heart of the Historic Charles Street District. We feature authentic Turkish cuisine in a warm and inviting atmosphere. We are open daily for Lunch and Dinner. Join us on Friday or Saturday nights for our exotic Belly Dancing shows and our new lounge. In addition, we have two very unique and beautiful banquet rooms that can accommodate an intimate dinner for 2 or a gathering for 100. If you’re in the mood for something light, visit us at our Kebap House in Columbia, Maryland. For corporate, residential, or hotel catering, please contact me at chef@cazbarbaltimore.com I invite you to join us for a unique dining experience at the Cazbar. -Haluk Kantar Chef / Owner
Baltimore, Maryland
“Friendly staff, great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I tried this restaurant because of the Groupon mystery date, and I'll admit we were apprehensive when we first looked at the menu. We had a preset 3 course meal, and every course was delicious. All of the staff was very friendly and extremely helpful explaining what each different type of food was. We will definitely go back and order some different foods!

• Turkish first
York, Pennsylvania
“Mystery Date...solved”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

We went here because we bought a Mystery Date Groupon. You didn't know what restaurant you'd get until you called for a reservation. We really appreciated the valet parking at the restaurant. Only $6 for diners and it's nice not to worry about parking in downtown Baltimore. The decor was cute but the restaurant was very crowded and loud. it seemed more like a club/bar than a restaurant. I specially tried to book during the belly dancer show but was told the wrong time during booking and we missed it by over an hour. I was upset by that. The food was so-so and I didn't feel like it had a Turkish feel/flavor as the restaurant was supposed to provide. It was some randome dips and meats on rice. We ordered a bottle of wine for $32 and it had a twist top. I'm not the highest authority on Italian wine but when you pay $32 you at least expect a cork. I'm glad I got to try a new place and it was worth the cost of the Groupon but I wouldn't go back and I certainly wouldn't pay full price.

Visited April 2014
Suttons Bay, Michigan, United States
“Very very good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

In town for business. Sat at bar and let bartender make recommendations. He suggested a great wine; wine list had a nice variety. I had the eggplant rolls from the cold meze and, at the bartender's recommendation, the lamb three ways. All three ways were great but my favorite was the ground seasoned lamb. I wouldn't waste your time with a salad, just not this place's expertise. I had a nice cup of Turkish coffee to finish the meal. Easy walk from the Baltimore convention center.

Baltimore, Maryland
“Tasty and satisfying”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

I had quite a sampling of starters/entrees/dessert/coffee during this meal. We had the appetizer sampler, which was pretty good (baba ghanoush and saksuka were the best, if you like eggplant), and the bread served with the spreads was fantastic. If you like lamb, the lamb/okra dish had a really good flavor with a bit of heat. The adana iskender was also tasty, assuming you like lamb.

Their turkish coffee was out of sight. Get some. Seriously. And of their desserts, if you like baklava, theirs is pretty good, but their kadayifi is like a super-baklava, and is much better. Great service to boot!

Visited March 2014
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
“Wonderful Treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

Cazbar is a Turkish restaurant about a block away from the Embassy Suites and have eaten there twice. Great meat - I had the mixed grill the first time I went and a friend and I shared several appetizers the second time. Try the Turkish version of a pizza for a real treat. For a great meal the price was really reasonable. Service is efficient and friendly. If you are in Baltimore, do go.

• Visited March 2014