“Drink the Raki! ”
Review of Cazbar

Reserve with OpenTable
Cazbar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 2,175 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Saratoga Street
Description: The Cazbar is Baltimore’s first and only Turkish Restaurant located at the heart of the Historic Charles Street District. We feature authentic Turkish cuisine in a warm and inviting atmosphere. We are open daily for Lunch and Dinner. Join us on Friday or Saturday nights for our exotic Belly Dancing shows and our new lounge. In addition, we have two very unique and beautiful banquet rooms that can accommodate an intimate dinner for 2 or a gathering for 100. If you’re in the mood for something light, visit us at our Kebap House in Columbia, Maryland. For corporate, residential, or hotel catering, please contact me at chef@cazbarbaltimore.com I invite you to join us for a unique dining experience at the Cazbar. -Haluk Kantar Chef / Owner
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

Three of us split 4 entrees. All good! Went on a Friday night and they had a dancer (clothed) on the second floor. Really good time.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Decided to have dinner at Cazbar in Baltimore based on recommendations from the Open Table Reservation website; this was a winner! I had never been to the Cazbar and never tried Turkish cuisine, but the reviews on Open Table were good so I decided to try it. I was very happy with the menu, quality of food, the service, and the environment.

Our waiter made excellent recommendations for food and from the pictures of the Turkish Fruit Wine I had to have a glass or two, okay maybe three! The food came out quickly with the appetizers of bread and hummus being very good. The main course was nice and hot just how I like my food.

The only lacking service that evening was the valet. we had to wait for 10 mins for the valet to show up to park my car. Turns out they were shorthanded because one of the valet employees did not show up for work.

All-n-all this was a very good experience and I can't wait for my next Turkish experience at Cazbar!

Reviewed March 14, 2014

Based on Trip Advisor reviews, we brought our NYC guests, who had taken us to a Turkish restaurant there, to Cazbar for a lunch time experience. Walking into the restaurant we saw the plates of pides, looking like small pizza wedges, and began to get hungry. Then we noticed the beautiful plates mounted on the walls, attractive themselves and began to read the menu. A quick discussion resulted in the selection of five mezes which we checked with our waiter who gave us his favorites. Once the bread arrived, we knew from the first bite that we had come to the right place. And then the first meze arrived and we all shared the three delights on the dish and then went on to the others as they came out. All four of us were really pleased with the whole experience and we, from nearby Montgomery County, will try to get back to Baltimore and Cazbar so we can repeat this enjoyable experience.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

This is a real treat in Baltimore -- beautiful environment for a date, work lunch/dinner, or even for a family with kids (I'd say older than 12 or so). The food was fantastic and beautifully presented. We had the 3 course menu, as other reviewers did, and it gave us a chance to try some foods we'd never had before.

I'm not sure if I'd call this a romantic date place because the tables for 2 are very close together. However, there was seating upstairs that we didn't fully see, and there may have been more romantic spots there. I'd ask the maitre d' for a table if taking a special date. I saw several groups of 6 and it looked like a good place for tables-set-up for groups of friends.

There are two bars, so you'll have a place to wait if you arrive early for your table but do make a reservation or it's likely to be a long wait. Good wines at reasonable prices are available.

There is a valet for $6 and parking on the street is free after 6 p.m. on weekends.

Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

We ended up here by purchasing a mystery date on groupon. We had a set three course menu and since I'm vegetarian they were kind enough to add veggies skewers to our entree. The mezze appetizer was delicious and the veggies were nicely seasoned. My guy said the meat (chicken, lamb, and beef) was tasty. Our waiter did disappear and not come back so another girl took us over. She was nice. The drinks could have been a tad stronger. Don't sit at the tables by the bar ledge or overflow from the bar crowd stands there and gives you an unwanted view of their behinds. We will try this place again sometime without the set menu.

2  Thank AndBmom11