“exquisite with belly dancing!”
Review of Cazbar

Cazbar
Reserve with OpenTable
Cazbar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 2,047 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Saratoga Street
Description: The Cazbar is Baltimore’s first and only Turkish Restaurant located at the heart of the Historic Charles Street District. We feature authentic Turkish cuisine in a warm and inviting atmosphere. We are open daily for Lunch and Dinner. Join us on Friday or Saturday nights for our exotic Belly Dancing shows and our new lounge. In addition, we have two very unique and beautiful banquet rooms that can accommodate an intimate dinner for 2 or a gathering for 100. If you’re in the mood for something light, visit us at our Kebap House in Columbia, Maryland. For corporate, residential, or hotel catering, please contact me at chef@cazbarbaltimore.com I invite you to join us for a unique dining experience at the Cazbar. -Haluk Kantar Chef / Owner
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“exquisite with belly dancing!”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

The atmosphere is slightly dressy, the staff are fabulous (Reed was my server), the food was scrumptious, and the belly dancing superb. While parking near the restaurant is a hassle, it was definitely worth the trouble. I can't wait to go back!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank PopuluxWanderlust

• Turkish first
Bowie, Maryland, United States
“Cazbar delivers again!”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We find ourselves going back to Cazbar and recommending it to our friends. Once again, the food was good as well as the service. I do think that Jamie, our server, was a bit pushy and in my opinion, tried to rush us. We were there with a friend that I haven't seen in 30 years and Jamie repeatedly interupted the conversation to ask us questions, even though everything was fine and we didn't need anything. The valet parking was a little disjointed as the attendant was late, so the waiters were parking cars. I was left outside the restaurant waiting for about 10 minutes waiting for someone to come and get my keys.

However, small problems aside, we enjoy Cazbar very much and I'm sure we'll be back.

Highly recommend making a reservation, especially on the weekend.

• Visited April 2013
niagarafallsny
“Unique, ample and great decor”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Turkish food you will love, the appetizer sampler was the best and there was so much we took some home. Try the turkish beer too. For an evening with entertainment call to find out when the bellydancers are dancing. You will need reservations!

Visited March 2013
Elders
“Good food and awesome entertainment”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Last night my wife and I went to Cazbar with a couple of friends. Everyone in our group had a great time. The food was excellent, the service was superb and the entertainment (belly-dancing) was fantastic.
First, due to a missed text message from our friend, we parked a couple of blocks away. If I had seen the text sooner, I would have discovered that Cazbar has valet parking for only $5. I paid $8 at an unmanned lot and had to walk, so the Cazbar parking is a definite deal.
Our waiter was very attentive and informative. Right up front, I asked to try a drink I had never had, Ayran, and he was quick with his suggestion that it is an "acquired taste." It certainly was, and one that I would enjoy acquiring.
The first thing we ordered was the Cazbar Mixed Meze Plate, which is Ezme, Patlican Salatasi, Şakşuka, Baba Ghanoush, Yogurtlu Pancar, Haydari, & Hummus with fresh-baked bread. As with most mixed plates, some we loved (Esme) and some, not so much (Yogurtlu Pancar). The servings were ample and the bread was great.
We all ordered kebaps of different varieties. I had the beef kebap, which was filet mignon on a skewer with tomatoes and onions. Delicious!! It came with a salad and some really good rice. My companions had the chicken kebap, mixed chicken and beef and a vegetarian kebap. Everyone enjoyed theirs immensely.
After dinner, we ordered desserts. I had rice pudding, which was creamy and delish, my wife had an apple tartlet with vanilla ice cream, very good, and our friends had a dessert sample plate which included the rice pudding, baklava and some other turkish pastries. They readily voiced their approvals.
Next came the belly-dancing. We enjoyed 2 lovely and very talented dancers. They each had about a 20 minute set and then left us wanting more.
One feature of Cazbar that we didn't try was the hookah lounge upstairs. Next time, for sure.
So, to sum up, GO TO CAZBAR!! You will not be disappointed.

• Visited March 2013
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Awesome Turkish review”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Was planning a birthday in the family and was visiting Baltimore so while searching came upon this place . Right from the ambience to the food everything was a delight
We ordered a mezze platter of babaganoush (eggplant) , ezme ( tomatoes in pomegranate) , and yoghurt with some delicious breads
Then we ordered the donner kebab with rice and veggie kebab .. The entre was amazing and simply melted in the mouth
This was followed by desert of baklava which was the ultimate
Good ambience service and food ..what more can one ask for
Highly recommended