“Excellent Thin Crust Pizza”

Joe Squared Pizza & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Joe Squared Pizza & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #115 of 2,007 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: Pizza, Italian, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Parsippany, New Jersey
“Excellent Thin Crust Pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Joe Squared was a surprise. It didnt look like much, but not in a genuine way. I figured it was a contrived look because of its location in the Power Plant Live! area (a gathering of bars/clubs in the Inner Harbor area). I also figured the food would be just as contrived, commercial frozen dough with bland flavor. I was happily wrong.
True to its name, all of the pizzas are square. Its made with an extremely thin crust over a charcoal flame. At first, the charcoal taste was a little off putting, imparting a slightly unpleasant smokey flavor. As the pizza cooled though, the taste grew on my wife and and and we ended up satisfied. The atmosphere was casual and the service very good. Overall, the food was very good.
Definitely hit this place up for a late night snack while bar hopping at the Power Plant.

• Visited April 2013

Purcellville, Virginia
“Average pizza for an average price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

This review is actually for Joe Squared Pizza II. It is located by the Port Discovery Children's Museum.

The restaurant is small on the inside and doesn't have much space. We walked over from the Children' Museum for lunch and had a 16" pizza with pepperoni. The service was fine and timely. I was excited by how thin the crust was on the pizza. Then I was disappointed to find that it had a charred, blackened flavor from the charcoal pizza oven. I wouldn't have minded the charred flavor had the crust been crispy, but it wasn't. I've had much better pizza. Overall, if you need a quick lunch and you are at the Children's Museum, this will work for you and not break the bank. I just hope there is a seat for you.

• Visited March 2013
baltimore
“A little let down”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

My fiance and I were going to a concert at Rams Head to see a concert, so we decided to grab a bite to eat and a few drinks. I recommended Joe Squared since it was right in walking distance, and after reading all of the hype reviews, I thought we would love it!!
We walk in, the place is pretty small and there is really no place to stand to be seated.
We wait about 10 minutes to be seated, takes about 10 more minutes for someone to take our drink order. We both had beers and they were priced very nice!! We ordered the Sesame Garlic Wings for an app. They were very good! We also ordered the Hawaiin Pizza. When our pizza arrived, it looked delicious. It was loaded with fresh ingredients, unfortunately it looked alot better than it tasted. It was slightly cold.The fresh cilantro was overbearing, very little sauce and cheese. I was very disappointed. We then decided to order a bowl of soup to share instead. We ordered the bacon and corn chowder. It was tasty and had a great flavor.
Now......The service..ughhh..our waitress was not with it. We had to ask for the check three times, I almost felt like she didn't want us to pay!!! Overall, It was okay...We may be back.

• Visited March 2013
Saratoga Springs, New York
“Great pizza, nice variety”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

Nice thin crust pizza. Lots of options. Cheap dinner for the inner harbor area. Service better than average and a good beer selection too.

Visited May 2012
Virginia
“Food was great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

Stopped in while hanging out in Baltimore and I would say it is worth the trip the food was great had a little bit of everything while there. The beer was cheap and cold so for that it is worth the visit. Finally the staff was very nice.

Visited March 2013