“Amazing cakes”

Patisserie Poupon
Ranked #5 of 45 Bakeries in Baltimore
Cuisines: French
Reviewed January 16, 2013

We got our wedding cake from Patisserie Poupon 5 years ago and still talk about how amazingly delicious it was. We got the Dacquoise (hazelnut cake with hazelnut, chocolate, and white chocolate) and it was unique in both looks and taste, just beautiful. Since then, we go back a few times a year to pick up another dessert (we got to sample many of their cakes when purchasing our wedding cake and they were all amazing - it was a difficult choice). If they had more room for tables (they have 1 or 2), we would definitely go more often. But when we are in the mood to pick up something amazing for dessert, this is our first choice.

1  Thank UseMassTransit

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Unbelievably good authentic French pastries. A serious bakery, not a hangout. Get your goodies and go.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

I found out this place sells macarons, which I just discovered in Paris, and while Patisserie Poupon's are not quite as good as those that I had on the Champs Delysees, they are pretty darn good. I sampled several flavors and most were quite good. The parking is not so great down there as it is in the city but there is a small lot next door, however, as the signs indicate, it is NOT for parking for the bakery, so customers are relegated to street parking, which can be dicey. The prices were good....at 85 cents per macaron.
Coconut- incredible flavor and taste
Lemon- incredit flavor and taste
Raspberry- good flavor
Vanilla- good flavor
Pistachio-just ok...as it was a favorite flavori in Paris I thought I would like their rendition more than I did.

They offer a large range of other French pastries.

2  Thank travellingangie
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I used to live in Baltimore and always make it a point to head here when I fly into town. Their Viennoiserie ( pain au chocolat, pain aux raisins, chaussons- turnovers, almond croissants etc...) are always made correctly. Unlike most American versions of French bakeries, they bake their croissants until they are crisp, rather than greasy. They are as good as any I ate while living in Paris. The fancy pastries, whether chocolate based such as the opera or royale, or fruit based, such as the fraisier with marzipan icing, are all great. This visit, I got stuck in the middle of a marathon for 50 minutes, but it didn't matter. One almond croissant and pain aux raisins later, I was a happy camper. A box full of pastries to go turned my relatives into happy campers.

Reviewed September 17, 2010

I've got my wedding cake here, I had a very small wedding so I needed a very small cake. It was very pretty and despite its size still looked like a wedding cake, inexpensive (as far as wedding cakes go) and it was very tasty. It even looked great on the wedding photos :))