“Baltimore's best kept dessert secret”
Review of Patisserie Poupon

Patisserie Poupon
Ranked #5 of 44 Bakeries in Baltimore
Cuisines: French
Kingston, Canada
“Baltimore's best kept dessert secret”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Unbelievably good authentic French pastries. A serious bakery, not a hangout. Get your goodies and go.

Visited September 2012

Chicago
“great macarons”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I found out this place sells macarons, which I just discovered in Paris, and while Patisserie Poupon's are not quite as good as those that I had on the Champs Delysees, they are pretty darn good. I sampled several flavors and most were quite good. The parking is not so great down there as it is in the city but there is a small lot next door, however, as the signs indicate, it is NOT for parking for the bakery, so customers are relegated to street parking, which can be dicey. The prices were good....at 85 cents per macaron.
Coconut- incredible flavor and taste
Lemon- incredit flavor and taste
Raspberry- good flavor
Vanilla- good flavor
Pistachio-just ok...as it was a favorite flavori in Paris I thought I would like their rendition more than I did.

They offer a large range of other French pastries.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank travellingangie
Portland, Maine
“Deserves a Michelin Star”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I used to live in Baltimore and always make it a point to head here when I fly into town. Their Viennoiserie ( pain au chocolat, pain aux raisins, chaussons- turnovers, almond croissants etc...) are always made correctly. Unlike most American versions of French bakeries, they bake their croissants until they are crisp, rather than greasy. They are as good as any I ate while living in Paris. The fancy pastries, whether chocolate based such as the opera or royale, or fruit based, such as the fraisier with marzipan icing, are all great. This visit, I got stuck in the middle of a marathon for 50 minutes, but it didn't matter. One almond croissant and pain aux raisins later, I was a happy camper. A box full of pastries to go turned my relatives into happy campers.

• Visited October 2012
Baltimore, Maryland
“Wedding Cake”
Reviewed September 17, 2010

I've got my wedding cake here, I had a very small wedding so I needed a very small cake. It was very pretty and despite its size still looked like a wedding cake, inexpensive (as far as wedding cakes go) and it was very tasty. It even looked great on the wedding photos :))

Clearwater, Florida
“It was so delicious I went twice in one day!”
Reviewed August 30, 2010

This patisserie was amazing! I have a deep love for french pastries and this place fit the bill! My girl friend and I went here to get some pastries for breakfast (the male folks didn't want to miss the opening of COmic Con so they missed out on the deliciousness!). We each got two pastries, I had an almond croissant and a custard/pear pastry (both were $5.75), my friend had a chocolate croissant and a apple pastry (her's were 6). All were buttery, flakey, and the fillings had true fresh flavors to them. We were happy campers! There are two small tables in the bakery that we sat at to eat our food. They offer hot coffee and hot espresso drinks. I prefer cold so I just walked across the street and bought a bottle of apple juice. The women working the bakery were very patient with our long decision making time. They also smiled and said hello when we entered.
We came back later that afternoon for dessert. I had a piece of Frazier (strawberry) cake and some macaroons (not the disgusting American coconut kind, the pillowlike French meringue kind). My friend had a fresh raspberry tart and a piece of chocolate cake. All were absolutely amazing yet again! We would have gone Sunday morning again for breakfast but they are closed (even bakers deserve a day off!). If you appreciate fine French baking you will not be sorry!