“Bar de Fogo”

Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 2,108 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: Brazilian
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Market Pl.
Description: Fogo de ChaoR (fo-go dee shoun), is an authentic Southern Brazilian steakhouse. In 1979, FogoR began sharing the gaucho way of preparing meat in Porto Alegre, Brazil. Today, our gaucho chefs still expertly grill each of our 16 cuts of meat and offer you continuous tableside service. We invite you to enjoy the delicious preparations of our gaucho chefs along with our gourmet salad bar, authentic Brazilian side dishes, and award-winning wine list.
Reviewed May 9, 2014

I have been to Fogo de Chao many many times of the years. Gilson takes excellent care of you there. Food and service are nearly always excellent. Today I sat at the bar with Ryan as my bartender. He is a very nice young man. I got the steak sliders today. I must say they were so much better than the Capital grilles sliders yet still overcooked (ordered medium they were well)and huge pieces of fat on them. This is NOT typical in any way and would have been immediately corrected with apologies if I would have asked but I didn't. I still give them an excellent review. The last time I came with my family and we had the salad bar and meat but we also got the shrimp cocktail. OMG it was the best I've ever had and I am extremely picky especially when it comes to seafood. Most definitely come to Fogo for great service, food, drinks, and fun.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

Excellent vegeterian buffet with large variety of salads and vegetables, and great brasilian meat.not so special the desert(we had the chocolate fudge cake with vanilla icecream). Friendly personnel as well

1  Thank Yotini
Reviewed April 22, 2014

First, let me tell you that you definitely need a reservation to be seated conveniently. If you do need to wait, let me tell you it is worth it.
After we were seated, I decided to preview the salad bar. Well The salad bar is enough for you have the best meal possible, and that is only the beginning. You have smoked Salmon, various meats, salads, vegetables, etc, etc. That would be enough for anyone to be satisfied. So try not to fill up on these wonderful offering, but save yourself... if you can. After being seated, the procession of meat varies start the parade to your table. Pork, Filets, Sirloin,
Lamb, Chicken,and various other types and you can get them rare or well done. You also get side dishes that are just as plentiful and tasty. Pace yourself, since the parade can continue until you wait the white flag and give up. All the meats were wonderful and flavorfully spiced. The staff is so very helpful and informative and very involved in the experience. the wine selection is great and we able to find the wine we all loved. If you are still inclined after this sumptuous meal, there is a variety of desserts that will for sure put you over the hill. We were so delighted about our staff, and our meal that we wanted to share this wonderful experience with the manager, who did come out, and was most gracious. When in Baltimore you can visit one of many fish restaurants, but do not pass this one up if you want a fabulous meal.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

I have been to many Fogo de Chao and other similar concept restaurants and the Baltimore location was probably my least favorite. Located near the Inner Harbor, it is smack dab in the middle of the tourist area. The place was packed when we got there and it didn't look like it was slowing down any when we left. What disappointed me the most was that many of the cuts they were serving were overcooked. We prefer our meat medium rare to medium and a lot of our servings were medium-well to well. Even when we asked for less-cooked cuts, it still was not where we would have liked. It could be that the clientele who frequent this location prefer their meat more cooked, so the restaurant tries to please the majority. However, based on this experience, I probably wouldn't go back to this location.

I highly recommend making a reservation. There were plenty of people standing around waiting for a table when we got there and when we were leaving. Also, if you are driving, use the valet. At $10, it is a great deal for the downtown Baltimore area.

1  Thank KPR18
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Fogo De Chao is a great place to experience Brazilian cuisine. I enjoyed the ambiance and elegant decor of the restaurant. The food was amazing and you will get very full, very fast. Please bring an appetite. It's a little pricey, but it was worth the experience.