“Excellent - well worth it.”

Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 2,195 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: Brazilian
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Market Pl.
Description: Fogo de ChaoR (fo-go dee shoun), is an authentic Southern Brazilian steakhouse. In 1979, FogoR began sharing the gaucho way of preparing meat in Porto Alegre, Brazil. Today, our gaucho chefs still expertly grill each of our 16 cuts of meat and offer you continuous tableside service. We invite you to enjoy the delicious preparations of our gaucho chefs along with our gourmet salad bar, authentic Brazilian side dishes, and award-winning wine list.
Reviewed October 15, 2013

The ambiance and meat selection was amazing. The buffet was great and they had a fantastic selection of wine.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Ambiance - Like a typical steak house, just less stuffy. Doesn't highlight the "Brazilian" part.
Food - Quality of the meats was very good, and nicely marinated. But no "funky" adventurous stuff like heart and tongue at a real Brazilian steak house. Agree that the sald bar has fewer options, and the choices are just the usual salad bar items. Nothing that highlights the "Brazilian" aspect.
Wines - Nice selection, especially of South American wines. However, the waiter was not knowledgeable, even about the house specials for the night. He basically have no opinions about the wines, except that the more expensive ones are better.
Service - Generally very good, until they kept looking at the check to see if we have put down our credit card.
Value - At $48 per person, seems overpriced. I'd rather go to an ethnic neighborhood in NY/NJ and have a more adventurous meal, or if I want a good cut of meat, go to a "real" steakhouse like Morton's or Ruth Chris' or Sparks.

Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

If you plan on coming here, fast for a day or two. The food is delicious. The meats that are brought to the table are tasty, and there is a large selection. The salad bar is excellent too. I went with a group of friends and loved it. The next day, I was still not hungry. So. Much. Food.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

I had dinner at Fogo de Chao as part of an nursing education presentation hosted by a pharmaceutical company. We had a large private room in the back of the restaurant. I guess there were about 100 of us. Even though we were squeezed pretty tight, the flow back & forth to the buffet wasn't problematic. The event started at 6:00 pm, but I was late because I was having pomegranate martini's at the bar! My compliments to the mixologist. The buffet was well stocked and had a nice charcuterie selection of poultry, fish and other meats and cheeses. I chose sparingly so there would be room for the main attraction . .the meats!!

Maybe because we were a private party, their were PLENTY of meat runners and no waiting. The filet in bacon, lamb sausage & chops were spectacular! I didn't stay for dessert, I heard it was cheese cake. Although I didn't walk there, thank goodness for the walk back to the hotel! It was much needed after that repast. We had a churrascaria in Rockville called Greenfield, but they have closed. No complaints except that the restaurant was LOUD. We had trouble hearing the presenter, even in the private room.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

This is our second trip to this chain (first was in Philly) and our fourth Brazilian steakhouse in the last year. We had always felt Fogo was the best. The salad bar was nice, but seemed to have fewer option than we recalled, and clearly fewer than visits to other chains in Virginia and Canada. The novelty of sliced meats has worn off, the spices this time seemed a bit much. No question the waiters and servers work hard and could not be more accommodating, but our party of five felt we would have been better just ordering one entree of our choice. The noise level was always high enough that we commented on it, and it bothered one of our group.
I think we are done with Brazilian steakhouses. There are so many good choices if one wants a steak, that, for us, the novelty has worn off, this is too prices to be just ok.