“Good food and a different dining experience”

Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 2,026 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: Brazilian
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Market Pl.
Description: Fogo de ChaoR (fo-go dee shoun), is an authentic Southern Brazilian steakhouse. In 1979, FogoR began sharing the gaucho way of preparing meat in Porto Alegre, Brazil. Today, our gaucho chefs still expertly grill each of our 16 cuts of meat and offer you continuous tableside service. We invite you to enjoy the delicious preparations of our gaucho chefs along with our gourmet salad bar, authentic Brazilian side dishes, and award-winning wine list.
Coal Township, Pennsylvania
“Good food and a different dining experience”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

If you've never been to a Fogo restaurant, you're in for a treat. Their meal service usually includes approximately 18 different protein selections. We happened to dine there during Baltimore's Restaurant Week. They offered a 9 protein special for the event.
They give you a red and green card on your plate which signals the servers that you are ready for more meat. First of all, slow down and take your time! If the servers see your green card, they quickly arrive at your table to slice you one of the 9 different options. Each selection was very good. The beef offerings were my favorite. Top-notch quality meat.
The salad bar was fresh with enough variety to please everyone. The different olives were nice. Good cheese selection also. The starches were located on another island which I didn't sample so I can't comment on them.
The chocolate cake and cheesecakes were good. Coffee was average.
I'd like to revisit now that we know how the place works. We were a little rushed (on our own accord) since it was our first visit. I would take my time!

Visited August 2013
2 Thank garbakup

• Korean first
Baltimore, Maryland
“Worth trying during Restaurant Week”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

During Restaurant week, Fogo do Chao has a special $30.12 menu with 10 meat selections instead of 17 offered for $49 and including desert. While I wanted to try all 10, I waited in vain for lamb and pork, but gave up after neither had appeared within an hour. The food was OK but not great. Waiter was great, but the servers are not interested in slicing to requested doneness. The noise level in the restaurant was horrible, to the point that conversation was extremely difficult. I'm glad I tried it once, but I've been to much better Brazilian steakhouses elsewhere.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank ddemara
Annapolis, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Steak and Great Service!”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

If you haven't tried this place it is a must. All the steak you can want and a great salad buffet to boot. Highly Recommended!

• Visited June 2013
Baltimore
“Not enough meat selection”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Fogo de Chao seems like the typical Brazilian bbq restaurant. You can't really mess up on your meats, so they are pretty decent here.

That being said, Fogo offered the smallest selection of meats out of all the Brazilian bbq places I've been to. But, as with all Brazilian bbq places, Fogo also provides a decent salad bar and ample variety of side dishes (my favorite is of course the cheesy bread).

If you live in Baltimore, I'm not aware of another Brazilian bbq place within the area, so give Fogo a shot. Better yet, wait until the summer or winter restaurant weeks and try Fogo at a discounted price. The good thing is, unlike other Brazilian bbq's policies during restaurant weeks, Fogo includes all their meats (since, as I mentioned, it's limited).

Visited April 2013
phoenix, MD
“Poorly managed - a bunch of liars!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Called a couple weeks ago to make reservations for a small party. When we called, we also asked about their participation in the city's Restaurant Week. They said they were participating and the price would be $10 less per person and the menu was the same. Called back the next day to make the reservation. Talked to a different person but was given the same info so we postponed our party for 2 weeks in order to take advantage of the special. 2 of our guests were 12 minutes late arriving. They gave our table away to another group and we had to wait. All we heard from the hostess was, "The manager knows. We're working on it." Finally got seated (No one in the bar area came to our table to take a drink order while we sat there). Then the waiter tells us that the menu for restaurant week is not the same, there are less items on it and the whole table has to agree which menu they want. Never did get so speak to a manager about these 2 issues.

The food was standard Fogo fare. Some good, some bad and wasted on the plate. Never did see the ribs come out and was only offered the filet mignon wrapped in bacon after we'd been sitting there an hour.

Employees were buzzing around very fast, even the valet parking crew. Extremely noisy at dinner time.

Visited July 2013